WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+21
PhenominalXX1
2kNikk
Oblivious1
Grant
BornToFail
Slayer
GolfClubNinja
kingofswing
Vipes
Stroke
dragondragon
Joe5150
WhoBetta
CapitalTTruth
WWF Attitude
Spudz
JustSkiff
TeeBeeKay
Xero
Swarles
SBR
25 posters

NJPW Thread

Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

NJPW Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: NJPW Thread

Post by Swarles Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:11 pm

Finally finished the Osaka PPV from Wednesday.

Wasn't too hot, honestly. Fine wrestling but nothing you need to run and go see. They put all the titles back on the bullet club, which, if we're being honest, is on the verge of becoming tiring.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:42 am

The streak of NJPW having just good shows, ends at 1, for me anyway

I thought the Sendai show was really great, nothing bad per say on the show and a MOTYC

The story going into the show was Makabe's injury/sickness forcing him to vacate the Never title, leading to Ishii and HONMA!!!!!!!!!!! These guys had a killer, killer match, seriously fantastic stuff

They did a really good job building Nagata up as a sympathetic babyface throughout the show and he had a very strong match with Nakamura

Those two matches were head and shoulders above anything else, but the Bucks/Omega v Dorada/Splitters match was tons of fun too, most of the other matches were just okay to good, but like I said nothing bad IMO
    BornToFail
    BornToFail

Post by BornToFail Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:52 am

Ishii/Honma was fucking awesome. Nagata/Swagsuke was good but I didn't like the finish.
    The biggest surprise was actually Tenzan/Conway which was actually pretty decent and not the crapfest I was expecting.

But yeah, Ishii/Honma, all of my stars.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:24 pm

So based on the New Beginning shows and any other new content this month, is it worth giving the free trial a chance?

Also, my apprehension about signing up for NJPW World is about cancellation. Given that signing up seems like a rather tricky process given the translation issues, I wonder how the cancellation process is as well.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:01 pm

BornToFail wrote:Ishii/Honma was fucking awesome. Nagata/Swagsuke was good but I didn't like the finish.
    The biggest surprise was actually Tenzan/Conway which was actually pretty decent and not the crapfest I was expecting.

But yeah, Ishii/Honma, all of my stars.

The weird thing about Tenzan/Conway was it was pretty boring for most of the match IMO, then Conway used the belt, and all of a sudden the crowd woke up and it became awesome for like 4 mintues

Yeah the finish of Nagata/Swag was odd, and it stood out even more after the Ishii/Honma match where they had so many great falsies, but I feel like there's a big story with Nagata coming up, and I actually kind of expect him to have a big NJC performance or something to get another shot somewhere, this felt like chapter 1 to me

So based on the New Beginning shows and any other new content this month, is it worth giving the free trial a chance?

Also, my apprehension about signing up for NJPW World is about cancellation. Given that signing up seems like a rather tricky process given the translation issues, I wonder how the cancellation process is as well.

I have heard people have had some issues with canceling, the biggest one is apparently when you cancel you're done immediately, you don't get to the end of the month like most services like this, and I saw one person say after canceling he was still billed for the next month, and not sure if that was ever resolved or even true

I love the service, and think it's worth a little bit of hassle to give it a shot, but I also have no idea how good their customer service would be at dealing with English speaking customers
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:02 pm

honest to god, i don't know if there is really a free trial. there was like 1 tweet about it, and apparently they bill you, but supposedly if you cancel they reverse bill you and get the money back? I think? I don't know.

But it's like $8.50 a month with the current conversion, i would recommend getting it regardless.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:29 pm

The only reason I ask about cancellation is because my income isn't consistent at the moment. While the $8.50 a month isn't much, I'd still like to know that cancellation would be an easy process if I decide to go that route.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:21 pm

Just finished NJPW cup night 1.

SPOILERS

Tanahashi and Okada both eliminated in round 1 was very surprising. I am pulling for Ibushi or Shibata but I am genuinely unsure right now.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:33 am

Yeah I figured Tanahashi was going to lose to Yano, but the Okada loss really surprised me, as did the Nagata loss since I thought they would do a redemption angle throughout the tourny only to have him come up short

My best guess is Shibata wins and challenges AJ at invasion attack since Ibushi and Naito seem poised for a tag title match with the BC, I guess Makabe could win and challenge Ishii, but that seems kind of silly since AJ is the champ and all the native NJPW should want a shot at him realistically(Ibushi would be the exception due to his history with Nakamura and since the IC belt is almost on par with the IWGP)

But still we get Shibata and Goto beating the hell out of each other tomorrow so I am excited
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:15 am

SPOILERS!!!!!!

Show today wasn't that great, Goto/Shibata was really good, and the tag with Tanahashi/Komatsu v Nagata/Tanaka was tons of fun, not sure anything else was really worth going out of your way to see

Sad Shibata lost, but the semis are Naito v Ibushi and Goto v Makabe, which both should be great and make for a fun finals, rest of the card looks kind of underwhelming for Sunday but the tag with Nagata/Tananka v Kojima/Komatsu will be fun
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:55 am

I thought the chaos vs bullet club 8 man was really fun too
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:12 pm

NJPW Thread - Page 14 Orujcn

WOOOO. Going for the IWGP gold, son.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:54 pm

thought Ibushi/Naito was really great

loved the chemistry with Shibata/Honma, they took a kind of nothing match and turned it into a ton of fun

chaos/BC 8 man was good too

love that trophy, so awesome

Ibushi/Styles should be pretty nuts, I wonder what Nak is doing on that show, I'd have to imagine him in a big title defense unless they really feel that Ibushi/AJ can sell out Sumo Hall
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:54 am

Yuji Nagata & Captain New Japan & Kushida & Alex Sheklley & Yohei Komatsu vs. Manabu Nakanishi & Jushin Liger & Tiger Mask & Ryusuke Taguchi & Sho Tanaka

Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima & Tomoaki Honma vs. Yuji Takahashi & Tama Tonga & Cody Hall

IWGP jr. tag titles: Young Bucks vs. Rocky Romero & Trent Baretta

IWGP jr. title: Kenny Omega vs. Mascara Dorada

IWGP tag titles: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows vs. Michael Bennett & Matt Taven w/Maria Kanellis

Togi Makabe & Hirooki Goto & Tetsuya Naito vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii & Yoshi-Hashi

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Toru Yano & Kazushi Sakuraba

Kazuchika Okada vs. Bad Luck Fale

IWGP heavyweight title: A.J. Styles vs. Kota Ibushi

Well fuck that show will be drawn almost 100% on AJ/Ibushi, also I know they buried the beef in kayfabe but odd to see Tana and Shibata team
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:33 am

Famous hoot and ibushi are gonna sell out sumo hall brother.
    BornToFail
    BornToFail

Post by BornToFail Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:21 pm

TBK wrote:IWGP tag titles: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows vs. Michael Bennett & Matt Taven w/Maria Kanellis

Oh why

But yeah, Trent makes his debut(?), Omega/Dorada and Styles/DDT YOUNG BOY. Those are the good parts. Also I can always hope that Shibata backfists Tana or something.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:42 pm

BornToFail wrote:
    TBK wrote:IWGP tag titles: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows vs. Michael Bennett & Matt Taven w/Maria Kanellis' Ass

Oh why

But yeah, Trent makes his debut(?), Omega/Dorada and Styles/DDT YOUNG BOY. Those are the good parts. Also I can always hope that Shibata backfists Tana or something.

that's why
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Do you guys not remember them beating Anderson in that 4 way tag match on ROH's ppv?
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:31 pm

Congrats need to go out to AJ and Ibushi selling out Sumo Hall with almost nothing else of note on the card, that's a fantastic sign for NJPW overall for Ibushi, got a feeling it's Ibushi's year, I think him and Styles have a MOTYC where Ibushi comes up short, Ibushi goes to the G1 Finals against Nakamura and finally beats him earning an IWGP shot at the Dome where he beats Tanahashi for the belt

I think Tanahashi/Ibushi first time ever could be a huge Dome Main Event
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:57 am

Ibushi/Tanahashi almost has to be the dome.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:17 am

JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:05 am

YES!
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:46 am

Everyone cancel your summer plans, they just announced the G1 schedule

ALL NINETEEN SHOWS!!!!!!! 19!!!!
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:49 am

Very good show tonight, apparently the server crashed just as the show started since too many people were trying to login, luckily for whatever reason I logged in 10 minutes ahead of time and never had an issue

Bucks/RPG Vice and Omega/Dorada were both fantastic and just tons of fun

Okada/Fale was surprisingly good

and Ibushi/Styles was fantastic but I thought the crowd was a little dead for it, with a hotter crowd this might have been a MOTYC, but as it is just a great, great main event

Also this show setup a TON for the next PPV which I'm guessing is a split show based on how many singles matches they setup tonight
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:51 pm

Few more quick things on this show

The Kingdom worked babyface because Maria has an ass, and that really threw me off because I don't really see Bennett and Taven as faces, and the tag title match was probably the low point on the show

The finish to the main event was truly insane, I really can't believe they tried it, much less pulled it off almost perfectly

Thinking more about the G1, I'm a little concerned, with 19 shows the math adds up to 2 possibilities

1. Two 13 man blocks over 16 shows, with a semi final show for block a, a semi final show for block b, and the final in sumo hall

or probably more likely

2. Four 10 man blocks over 18 shows with a semi final and final on one show in sumo hall, and this would mean they would essentially be running split crews, I kind of fear this option because with 40 guys I think we end up with far more mid card guys who don't really have a shot of winning, like to get there I assume both Bennett and Taven will be in the tourney and probably Rob Conway and the fact that we won't be getting the true G1 supershows that we got last year could hurt it

I'm sure it will still be fun either way, just worried they might be a little thin on talent for this thing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:50 pm