WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+21
PhenominalXX1
2kNikk
Oblivious1
Grant
BornToFail
Slayer
GolfClubNinja
kingofswing
Vipes
Stroke
dragondragon
Joe5150
WhoBetta
CapitalTTruth
WWF Attitude
Spudz
JustSkiff
TeeBeeKay
Xero
Swarles
SBR
25 posters

NJPW Thread

Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

NJPW Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: NJPW Thread

Post by Swarles Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:56 pm

First of all, welcome back spudz.

Second, Yea thats fucking awesome. Also I love me some Josh Barnett.

TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:58 pm

I GET THAT CHANNEL!!!!!
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:13 am

So glad that AXS TV is giving pro wrestling another shot (they aired ROH back when they were known as HDNet). What a coup to land New Japan on the channel as well.

Their MMA programming has been lacking ever since the Japanese scene died and the American promotions have resigned themselves to being UFC feeder leagues.

I'll definitely be excited to watch any and all New Japan shows on that AXS is airing. Hopefully, they do well enough to sign on for more current footage.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Yeah this is a really awesome announcement. I wonder if they'll have anything airing in time to promote the ppv.
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:44 pm

I hope I can get this channel
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:47 pm

http://globalforcewrestling.com/flipps/

NJPW Thread - Page 8 Flipps-release

For Immediate Release
    November 24, 2015

GFW Presents NJPW’s Wrestle Kingdom 9 Available on TV via the Flipps app

NASHVILLE — Global Force Wrestling has made arrangements with Flipps to make the Jan. 4 live presentation of “GFW Presents: New Japan Pro Wrestling’s Wrestle Kingdom 9” available outside of North America via your smart phone, tablet or internet-connected television.

With the exception of Japan, wrestling fans around the world will be able to watch this event live or as a video on demand utilizing the unique mobile-app solution Flipps. Flipps’ innovative technology allows for streaming video entertainment from the cloud to the TV screen using only a smart phone. The Flipps app is compatible with more than 5,000 models of streaming players and connected TVs. The app automatically finds all WiFi-connected TVs in the local network and viewers are able to project their favorite content on their television in seconds. Flipps transforms the mobile device into a handheld remote allowing for intuitive playback control using simple touch-screen gestures.

“Flipps currently has an install base of over 10 million entertainment fans from around the world,” said Michael Patellis, senior vice president of programming for Flipps. “Making an event like GFW Presents NJPW’s Wrestle Kingdom 9 available for wrestling fans is another big step in the growth of our company. We are excited about the opportunity to present such a globally appealing program.”

The Flipps app can be downloaded for free from the iTunes App Store or Google Play. The GFW Presents NJPW’s Wrestle Kingdom 9 event hosted by Hall of Fame announcer Jim Ross will be available for just $34.95 on Flipps. The price of the program will immediately be converted to the local currency of where the purchase is made.

“Professional wrestling has always been an early adopter of new technology to make programming available to wrestling fans,” said Michael Weber, vice president of marketing for Global Force Wrestling. “Working with an innovative app like Flipps is the next step in the evolution of how fans can watch the very best wrestling from around the world live.”

Wrestle Kingdom 9 will stream live at 2a.m. ET on Sunday,Jan. 4 and then will be available for 30 days on the Flipps app.

“One of our stated goals when we launched Global Force Wrestling was to bring the very best wrestling in the world to our fan base,” GFW founder and CEO Jeff Jarrett said. “With a partner like Flipps it helps us achieve this goal.”

Flipps partners with selected publishers to bring viewers a wide range of content options, while expanding publishers’ reach to almost any connected TV in the world. With more than 10 million installs, 250 million supported TV sets, and a content library of more than 100 channels, Flipps is taking video streaming by storm. For more information on the Flipps app go to Flipps.com or download the app now.

More than 125 million homes will have access to GFW Presents NJPW’s Wrestle Kingdom 9 on a PPV basis.
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:00 pm

Is this in America?
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:37 pm

Bro read stuff before you ask questions.

NASHVILLE — Global Force Wrestling has made arrangements with Flipps to make the Jan. 4 live presentation of “GFW Presents: New Japan Pro Wrestling’s Wrestle Kingdom 9” available outside of North America via your smart phone, tablet or internet-connected television.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:51 am

If anyone is up I think the NJPWworld press conference is supposed to start around 1am, not that I'll be able to make any of it out

but if you go to njpwworld.com it looks very much like a NJPW Network, but I have no idea if North Americans will be able to access it

LOL apparently costs 999 yen a month!
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:15 am

Looks like they will have live ppvs including tokyo dome show, and will be broadcasting bigger house shows too
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:43 am

signed up with no problems

just watched Vader v Stan Hansen from 1990, holy shit that was awesome

one kind of annoying thing that I noticed is I can't find how to play a full show, they have everything broken up into individual matches, but maybe I just haven't found it yet

interesting note, it looks like they have a 2 hour preshow scheduled for WK9 so there might be a few extra matches there
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:51 am

Is there any kind of app for phones or devices? Or is it just a website right now?
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:59 am

NJPW Network....

that sounds like a gut shot to my productivity
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:25 pm

I think there is an app, but it might be just japan right now, I could not find it last night, though I will admit to not looking very  hard

Edit: Ok I can't find an app, but if you just go to the site in your browser on your phone(ios and android) it works, I have a super shitty iphone4 and it works on mine so I'm guessing it would work on any tablet or phone
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:10 pm

i signed up pretty easily, and for what is basically $8.40 a month it is totally worth it. But i have to say, little let down theres no easy way to hook this up to a TV right now.

The website works on my phone, but when i go to play a video it just sends me to down load the NJPW World app from the play store...which i can't because its region locked. And the site wont even open on a ps3 or ps4 browser, it just says unsupported platform.

I mean this is awesome and a great value don't get me wrong, but right now its basically just a website, and not really a full blown service like WWE network.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:42 pm

that's strange because it played on my phone with no insistence on downloading an app or anything
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:55 pm

Alright guys.... I got a dumb dumb question and I fully admit it. I tried to get on this earlier and I could not make heads or tails of the site because I couldn't get it in English. What am I missing? Is there a translation button somewhere I am missing or does everyone speak Japanese and i don' know?

I must admit as Teebeekay did earlier I didn't look REAL hard this morning as I was getting ready to leave, but any help expediting my process later would help.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:03 pm

I use the google chrome browser that has a translator that does a decent enough job

but here is a website that might help

http://enuhito.com/51968083.html
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:23 pm

Luckily I really don't have any extra time in December so I'm gonna hold out for now and I hope that after WK9 I can get this for only 999! (yen)
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:34 pm

do i have to use this or is their traditional PPV for WK9, because that's all i really want, but i have not checked out this network for NJPW anyway
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:16 pm

CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:15 am

Ok... Thanks everyone. That all looks super helpful. As soon as I get a minute, I am on this. I may spend a few days this winter break just sitting and watching NJPW and drinking whiskey and cider. My wife will be very impressed.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:15 am

I've been going back through some of the G1 stuff I enjoyed, aside from the obvious AJ/Suzuki match that everyone needs to see, everyone should really check out the Honma/Shibata match from Osaka as it's just an incredible piece of business
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:02 am

I side loaded the japanese NJPW world player onto my phone, and then like an hour later a US VERSION WAS RELEASED.

So NJPW world now works great on android. Come on Playstation app....
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:12 am

New Japan Rumble - No names were announced. This is likely a preshow match to get everyone on the card

Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish defend the IWGP jr. tag titles against Alex Shelley & Kushida, The Young Bucks and Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov

Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima & Tomoaki Honma vs. Yujiro Takahashi & Bad Luck Fale & Jeff Jarrett

Toru Yano & mystery partner vs. two members of Suzuki-gun

Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Minoru Suzuki in UWF rules

Tomohiro Ishii vs. Togi Makabe for the Never Open weight title

Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Kenny Omega for the IWGP jr. title

Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata for the IWGP tag team titles

A.J. Styles vs. Tetsuya Naito

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi for the IC title

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada for the IWGP heavyweight title

Final Card for WK9, while it looks good I'm worried about time constraints, I really could have done without the Yano/X v SuzukiGun(I'm guessing Archer and Davey?) match, but everything else has potential, it would be awesome to see Honma beat JJ but I doubt that will happen

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:35 am