WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+17
Slayer
WWF Attitude
Grant
phoynexz
JustSkiff
GolfClubNinja
danhere
CapitalTTruth
The PhenomenalBullyOne
Spudz
SBR
Indy
Vipes
Stroke
TeeBeeKay
Swarles
Joe5150
21 posters

BREAKING: Spike NOT re-newing Impact Wrestling? Possibly canceled

Slayer
    Slayer

BREAKING: Spike NOT re-newing Impact Wrestling? Possibly canceled - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: Spike NOT re-newing Impact Wrestling? Possibly canceled

Post by Slayer Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:15 am

So I guess that the "TNA will be dead in 90 days" meme will finally come to fruition.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

BREAKING: Spike NOT re-newing Impact Wrestling? Possibly canceled - Page 3 Empty Re: BREAKING: Spike NOT re-newing Impact Wrestling? Possibly canceled

Post by CapitalTTruth Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:43 am

Surely someone forgot to pay the troll toll and now all our expensive wrestleconnect microphones are being broken?

Seriously though, careful with that mic drop shit. I had a friend who did that at karaoke in this dive bar and the mic literally broke. We were kicked out of the bar and a fight damn near broke out. It is all fun and games until your dramatic exit means someone else can't shine for a night.
    danhere

Post by danhere Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:19 am

It was late and couldn't sleep mi bad. it was a funny bit on snl done about the debate with romeny and obama and just came up.
    if and when tna goes, theres always something else to fill the void, like roh,gwf or even bookers federation whos been doing ippvs.
    I think the network on wwe will eventualy get moved to cable outlets why else did get on c-band transponder.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:48 am

from Richard Gray of wrestlingnewsworld.com
    I’m told many contracted TNA performers were caught off-guard by the TMZ report that Spike TV had canceled Impact Wrestling.

The company sent out an email to talent on Monday, explaining that negotiations with Spike are still ongoing and they are also talking with other networks. The story making rounds is that Spike is offering less than what they want but the UTA representative is negotiating the gap.

While figures aren’t being thrown around, I previously reported that Spike is currently paying TNA $65,000 an hour and TNA wants $100,000 per hour.

At this point, talent is being told not to talk to third parties about the company’s domestic TV deal. They’ve been advised to direct their questions in-house and will be given information when it is available.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:27 pm

Spudz wrote:from Richard Gray of wrestlingnewsworld.com
    While figures aren’t being thrown around, I previously reported that Spike is currently paying TNA $65,000 an hour and TNA wants $100,000 per hour.

A 35% increase in price with no progress ratings-wise. Yeah, I can see why Spike doesn't want to renew. Ball is in Spikes court for sure.

Also-- 100 grand? Someone better up their indiegogo goal lol
    danhere

Post by danhere Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:20 pm

I did say 100k wasn't enough to run it as a day by day business.
    never believe what tmz reports, its like believing what star or nation enquirer reports (like people saying they saw bigfoot or elvis)
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:32 pm

Spike is pretty much god right now. 100k is insane for a show that has rarely (ever?) brought in a profit for spike.
    PhenominalXX1
    PhenominalXX1

Post by PhenominalXX1 Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:04 pm

Could WWE air TNA on the WWE network?

F4Wonline.com wrote:- Regarding our earlier report on WWE possibly being interested in purchasing TNA’s tape library, within WWE the mindset is more of what network TNA might end up when Spike TV doesn’t renew them rather than any sort of talks about potentially buying their tape library.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:23 pm

WWE is as weirdly optimistic as WhoBetta.
    danhere

Post by danhere Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:33 pm

we'll find out on thursday on the future of wwe network when the release the finical statements
    from what heard they might be moving it off the net and on to cable and sattilte. why else would they buy a spot on c-band transponder.
    most of the tna library is already on the net on youtube
    PhenominalXX1
    PhenominalXX1

Post by PhenominalXX1 Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:57 pm

danhere wrote:we'll find out on thursday on the future of wwe network when the release the finical statements
    from what heard they might be moving it off the net and on to cable and sattilte. why else would they buy a spot on c-band transponder.

That was always the plan, it was meant to start on Cable but nobody would pick it up.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:23 pm

Back to the TNA discussion, I don't see how they make it onto another network. Not only are they trying to get a raise from Spike (despite their ratings never really growing within 9 years on the channel), but there just isn't a demand for wrestling from networks unless it's WWE, and even they had some trouble recently as well.

That's not even getting into all the financial troubles and drama within the company. A network would have to be insane to do a deal with them when they priced themselves off of their current network and may not even be in business next year.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:37 pm

PhenominalXX1 wrote:
    danhere wrote:we'll find out on thursday on the future of wwe network when the release the finical statements

That was always the plan, it was meant to start on Cable but nobody would pick it up.

Trust me, WWE Network won't be going to cable or "sattilte".
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:47 pm

And no one will pick up impact, so that's that.
    danhere

Post by danhere Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:48 pm

if worse goes to worse they can go back to weekly ppvs like they did in 2002 or maybe do
    ippv weekly shows and ppv super cards on cable/satellite. (free supercards like DX and hcj can be aired on youtube)
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:51 pm

danhere wrote:if worse goes to worse they can go back to weekly ppvs like they did in 2002 or maybe do
    ippv weekly shows and  ppv super cards on cable/satellite.  (free supercards like DX and hcj can be aired on youtube)

The thing you are forgetting is that TNA has no money. The only money they make is off their TV deal. If they don't have TV they have no revenue, if they don't get a new channel to pick them up for a similar deal to their old one they're not going to be running shows.
    danhere

Post by danhere Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:54 pm

SBR wrote:
    PhenominalXX1 wrote:

then why buy a c-band transponder spot if they are not (yes I know satellite was spelled wrong don't have to point it out)
    for wwe to get the tna library it would cost 500,000 from what I read.
    prowrestling.com wrote:On the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio, it was said that WWE would likely make an offer to TNA, if the company were to shut down. The going rate for tape libraries is approximately $500 per hour of footage. TNA has approximately 1,000 hours of Impact Wrestling footage, so an offer of $500,000 is what they would likely receive.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:58 pm

danhere wrote:
    SBR wrote:
    PhenominalXX1 wrote:

then why buy a c-band transponder spot if they are not (yes I know satellite was spelled wrong don't have to point it out)
    for wwe to get the tna library it would cost 500,000 from what I read.
    prowrestling.com wrote:On the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio, it was said that WWE would likely make an offer to TNA, if the company were to shut down. The going rate for tape libraries is approximately $500 per hour of footage. TNA has approximately 1,000 hours of Impact Wrestling footage, so an offer of $500,000 is what they would likely receive.

Because they wanted to? From the Observer:

The WWE has purchased positioning on a transponder on a c-band satellite, which is what cable networks use to send their signals, but for the WWE Network. The network is on the same transponder with Bloomberg and Reelz. Networks usually share transponders to share costs, but this means they are paying a significant amount of money to transport a signal that would be normally used by cable and satellite companies to bring in a station. It opened a lot of speculation but WWE sources say it’s not significant of anything.
    danhere

Post by danhere Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:00 pm

SBR wrote:
    danhere wrote:if worse goes to worse they can go back to weekly ppvs like they did in 2002 or maybe do
    ippv weekly shows and  ppv super cards on cable/satellite.  (free supercards like DX and hcj can be aired on youtube)

The thing you are forgetting is that TNA has no money. The only money they make is off their TV deal. If they don't have TV they have no revenue, if they don't get a new channel to pick them up for a similar deal to their old one they're not going to be running shows.

that hasn't stopped indie shows or ROH or even Booker t's fed for doing ippv, they don't have much money either indies especially don't make the money like wwe.
    its wait and see now they have until october to make deal with spike or find a new home.
    I bet spike will pick up jj's fed in favor of tna.

I just don't to see WWE monopolize the wrestling business like he did in 2001 after buying wcw.
    having one company is bad for business,completion is needed to survive.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:01 pm

The streaming content on the WWE Network is garbage.  There's like 3 original shows that repeat over and over padded with content you can already watch whenever through the VOD.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:03 pm

danhere wrote:
    SBR wrote:

that hasn't stopped indie shows or ROH or even Booker t's fed for doing ippv, they don't have much money either indies especially don't make the money like wwe.
    its wait and see now they have until october to make deal with spike or find a new home.
    I bet spike will pick up jj's  fed in favor of tna.

I just don't to see WWE monopolize the wrestling business like he did in 2001 after buying wcw.

That's a bit like saying you support the AFL because you don't want the NFL to have a monopoly on football.  They pretty much do already.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:07 pm

danhere wrote:
    SBR wrote:

I bet spike will pick up jj's  fed in favor of tna.

TNA is not going to be going from what they are now to a stripped down indy show.
    danhere

Post by danhere Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:18 pm

I didn't say they were, just saying streaming ppvs online or even weekly shows online might be the best they did before on realnet after they left FSN.

I don't watch football unless my home team is in playoffs or finals(same goes for baseball,hockey or basketball)

monopoly is bad for business, safeway closed down domincks in IL because they knew they were merging with jewel and to avoid monopolizing the grocery market owning two different chains the closed the one that wasn't doing well.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:41 pm

Look, a monopoly might not be great, but that doesn't mean that miracles are going to emerge to maintain TNA. The E will buy the library if it is good business, or they will let TNA fade away. Either way, it wont actually make much difference. The difference between a wrestling world featuring TNA and one without it is pretty negligible at this point. Something will eventually fill the space left by TNA, and hopefully be more successful. The WWE will be the big dog for a long long time, but they wont be the ONLY dog for any super extended period.
    danhere

Post by danhere Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:58 pm

we already know jeff jaretts global wrestling force is coming in 2015 plus he already got some people from indie shows signed up as well deals with overseas including AAA and are working on a TV deal.
    so the void will be filled. ROH is doing good as well nothing major but with ippv on ustream and videos of their tv shows also online.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:10 pm