WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

4 posters

ADR possibly leaving soon?

Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

ADR possibly leaving soon?  Empty ADR possibly leaving soon?

Post by Swarles Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:20 pm

- There was talk at Monday's RAW that Alberto Del Rio is making noise about leaving WWE once his contract expires.

Del Rio has been frustrated due to going from a top guy on the SmackDown brand to someone who is fed to Batista. There's a feeling among that with Del Rio already having talked about retirement, his age and the fact that he had success in Mexico, maybe it's time for him to leave and be happy rather than hang on.

There is no word yet if Del Rio has started working on a new contract but there is at least some concern over his future after the talk at RAW on Monday night.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Backstage_Concern_Over_Another_Top_WWE_Superstar_Leaving_When_His_Contract_Expires.html

Kind of a murky source here, so take it with a grain of salt I guess. But it is interesting to see so many guys near the top leaving both of the "big 2" companies.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

ADR possibly leaving soon?  Empty Re: ADR possibly leaving soon?

Post by CapitalTTruth Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:26 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if he left really, but I don't know anything about the situation personally. ADR has always been an odd one to me. He gets the belt but I usually think he is booked terribly and they generally don't see story-lines through.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:18 pm

It would be disappointing as Del Rio is consistently one of WWE's best wrestlers. Unfortunately, his gimmick has never truly evolved and his title runs have been a bit confusing; i.e. his sudden face turn and constantly losing matches in his most recent World Heavyweight Title reign.

Del Rio hasn't had many major injuries in his WWE run, but he has dealt with concussions on a few occasions. It's good to see that more wrestlers are starting to figure out when to bow out gracefully rather than hang on and risk their health even further.
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:18 am

Slayer wrote:It would be disappointing as Del Rio is consistently one of WWE's best wrestlers. Unfortunately, his gimmick has never truly evolved and his title runs have been a bit confusing; i.e. his sudden face turn and constantly losing matches in his most recent World Heavyweight Title reign.

Del Rio hasn't had many major injuries in his WWE run, but he has dealt with concussions on a few occasions. It's good to see that more wrestlers are starting to figure out when to bow out gracefully rather than hang on and risk their health even further.

Some of his title runs reminded me of Jack Swaggers title run they just kinda gave it to him made him lose every match but the title defenses . I can't blame Del Rio for wanting to leave. Maybe CM Punks Pimpbomb was right awhile back ago that when HHH and Steph take over its going downhill fast maybe?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:42 am