WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+10
GenericMartini
Oblivious1
dragondragon
WWF Attitude
TeeBeeKay
WhoBetta
CapitalTTruth
JustSkiff
Swarles
SBR
14 posters

Chikara Thread

SBR
    SBR

Chikara Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Chikara Thread

Post by SBR Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:44 pm

I'm off Wednesday and Thursday this week, think I'm going to dig into these shows around then. While I patiently wait for BOLA.
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Yeah, super tempted to buy them from smvod and have at it
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:50 pm

NJPW had a iPPV this weekend that featured Shibata/Tanahashi in a MOTYC. just reminding you before you spend money on chikara.
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Why shouldn't i spend money on chikara again?
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:46 pm

I mean i'm clearly running with the gimmick of jaded ex-chikara fan.

But really buy that NJPW show before you buy chikara. Quality over quantity.
    Grant
    Grant

Post by Grant Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:01 pm

Swarles wrote:I mean i'm clearly running with the gimmick of jaded ex-chikara fan.

But really buy that NJPW show before you buy chikara. Quality over quantity.

Indeed. All the indeed.
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:40 pm

dragondragon wrote:
    GolfClubNinja wrote:Night 3 was cool, devastation Corparation won against the golden trio, Shynron  beat sanada,

The submission squad faced the kentucky gentelman (i think, chucky t was with them) in the best match ever, Vega called time out and everyone froze, This Moss guy and the guy with the re beard (excuse me for not knowing there names) teamed up even though they where on seperate teams, the ref at one point some how double clotheslined two guys and joined in to the insanity, they all stoped fighting at one point and just posed, basically the greatest match ever, as everyone chanted match of the year as they went out.

Eddie kkingston turned face, but earlier on some one yelled his name weirdly, he just looked over confused, then we all chanted what the guy said. the where alot of "Eddie Kingston is fat jokes", and he was a bit chubby (yet still very good)

The two starting teams in the gauntlet where los ice creams v.s. sweetman  and handlebar, which had los ice creams trying to do a move on sprinkles, with sweetman and handlebar removing them with a broom, dust-pan and finally a shot-vac from the entrance, ophidian and his freind eliminated 4 guys and only lost due to the last team cheating.

overall, it was very good, i would love to go to my other one.

my dad was a total heel fan the whole time.

**EDIT**

where any of you guys there?

INCOMING CHIKARA MARK

-They're called the Gentleman's Club, and Chuck Taylor is called the Kentucky Gentleman i dunno if best match ever is really something you should throw around like that, but whatever, opinions. Moss guy is the swamp monster and bearded dude is Drew Gulak

-I'm assuming Sweet Man is Jervis Cottonbelly and handlebar is Merion Fontaine

- Ophidian's friend (tag partner) is Amasis, his other friend (pretty good looking lady who was probably by where he was selling merch), is his lady friend.

Anyway, Deucalion is still super scary, as I believe he killed at least two of the rookies, I think 3quinox was one. Was Oliver Grimsley vs Mark Andrews good? I heard good things. Hopefully Chikara brings Andrews in more when they can

yeah, sorry about it i could not hear their names over the crowd ( ear peircings everyhwere), but the Sub. squad v.s. Gen. Club was actually more of just a good comedy match with great in ring. Decalion is Eddi k right? Andrew v Grimsely was not bad, but it was not a highlight
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:54 pm

We really don't know who Deucalion (he was the guy who looked like bane http://i.ytimg.com/vi/9H3Zk7zQcRE/maxresdefault.jpg ) is.. But no, Eddie was still Eddie, just in one of Jacob's weird mask thingies.
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:40 pm

oh that guy, yeah i did not see him.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:32 pm

Digging into Night 1 today, least excited for this show of the three, hopefully it's good:

-Team UK/Bloc Party
    Fun opener, Pakistani XPac with American XPac on commentary was fun. Good match.

-Gekido/KE4TPG
    Meh, told a good story about Jigsaw not feeling being a bad guy anymore. Ok match.

-Spirit Squad/Odditorium
    Short, not good match. Spirit Squad was over and they were fine. Kizarny is still terrible.

-Flood/Spectral Envoy
    Fun match, not too long. Decalulon had Delirious attack UMB which lead to the finish. Volgar is real fat btw, like real fat.

-Team Extravaganza/Dev Corp
    Old Fashioned is basically the Vaudevillians. Can't believe Blaster McMassive isn't in WWE. The only person on Extravaganza that didn't get squashed was ThunderKitty. The comedy was fun, aww, Waltman is leaving commentary, he was good.

-3peck0/BDK3
    Ares shaved his mustache and is no longer 67 years old. Barber is like the Nick Patrick of Chikara, such a bad ref. 3peck0 win in another short but ok match. Big Jakob reveal was cool, wonder if this will lead to Donst coming back. I mean he was in the Ashes videos and all.

-Golden Trio/LAX
    Mr Touchdown spiked the football and it went into the crowd and the fan overthrew Touchdown in the ring and Homicide started a Tony Romo chant. Hilarious. Best match on the show so far, with one match left, good stuff.

-They ran a segment of students(?) calling out Decalulon. Kid Cyclone, Equinox 3 & CAW 2, apparently they are a stable. He does not come out, Hallowicked tells them to leave and make him a sandwich.

-Colony/Colony Xtreme Force
    Colony win a good main event. Worker Ant got taken out with the snow board and it was 2 on 3 for a lot of the match. Worker came back out with his taped up knee. All these years later and Fire Ant is still the hot property. Silver Ant is really good too.

Overall: Ok show, figures to be my least favorite show of the triple shot but I knew that coming in. Last two matches were real good.
    Best match: LAX/Golden Trio
    Worst match: Spirit Squad/Odditorium
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:09 pm

Homicide is dead to me.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:18 pm

I don't know I thought he was pretty funny.
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:51 pm

SBR wrote:-Colony/Colony Xtreme Force
    Colony win a good main event. Worker Ant got taken out with the snow board and it was 2 on 3 for a lot of the match. Worker came back out with his taped up knee. All these years later and Fire Ant is still the hot property. Silver Ant is really good too.

was Colony E.F. heel?
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:13 pm

yes.
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:29 pm

Kizarny is legitimately the worst. I don't think Grimsley or Qefka (sp? I don't really care, nevermind) aren't anything to write home about. Guy should've left after the whole Batiri reveal, maybe a quick program with UMB.

ALSO:

Young Lion's Cup Night2 is super close to me, should I try to go, or wait until I see a full tourney reveal?
    (My mind says to wait for the lineup, are their too many notable young lions anyway?)
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:21 pm

I actually like both Grimsley and Qefka.

I'm interested in the YLC. There's some rumored names, and I'm fans of those guys. I'd still say wait to see a lineup, but like that's mainly because you can just buy GA tickets at the door.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:40 pm

Night 2

-Shynron/Tigre Uno/Rich Swann/Chuck Taylor
    ALL OF THE FLIPS. Shynron is so much fun. They all did crazy divez and movez. So much fun. Shynron won with a 630 to Tigre Uno. Did I mention how much fun this was?

-3peck0/Gekido
    Fun match, the heat was Jigsaw being reluctant and Shard and 17 not trusting him to continue to get the heat on Archie. Jig taps to the Boston Crab. After the match Jig superkicks Shard, Quack trys to get him to rejoin Team Chikara. Jig says he doesn't need anybody.

-JFdC/Rockstar Spud
    I'M BACK! It's 2:45am so I'll probably only finish this match tonight. These guys had a real fun comedy match. I've never seen Spud not get squashed by Rhino so this was a nice surprise to watch him have some offense. JFdC won after he crotched Spud and hit a deadlift german WITH A BRIDGE!

-Kid Cyclone & Friendz are back. They're gonna get Decalion. They swear on it.

-Dev Corp/Team UK
    Really good, fun match. Dev Corp are sort of underrated, especially after Max Smashmaster lost a bunch of weight. He hit a sick swanton bomb in the match. Team UK was a fun team, good for those guys.

-Sanada/AR Fox/Amasis/Orlando Christopher
    I just gotta say again how much I love flippy matches. Hear me Gillian Jacobs. I love flips too. Anyway, Sanada worked a real dick style. ZERO FLIPS! The other guys did their fair share of flips though. Fox was great and I had never heard of Christopher before but he was good. Final two were Sanada and Amasis and Sanada used the mist and a kick to pick up the dub.

-Golden Trio/Spirit Squad
    Spirit Squad turned heel before the match. They started the match with some actually funny Dasher and Spirit Squad comedy. You would have never know the Squad was good from their match with freaking Kizarny. This match was much better. Golden Trio wins.

-Ashley Remington/Yoshi Tatsu

Last edited by SBR on Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:49 am; edited 2 times in total
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:40 pm

Season Finale (December 6th) Back at the New Alhambra/ECW arena. I'm so excited. That building has some very very very strong memories for me, so i'd love to be in it again.
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:25 pm

I'm going to tomorrow never dies in the ECW arena on saturday, with a steel cage match, cibenetico royale and a pin only after a German suplex match.

It looks like a great car so far:

Icarus v.s. Deucalion: Steel Cage Match
    Chikara Thread - Page 7 IPPVMain

Chikara Squad v.s. Flood Squad: 8 v.s. 8 cibernetico battle royale
    Chikara Thread - Page 7 CR

Ultramantis Black v.s. Delerious: Loser Leaves Chikara
    Chikara Thread - Page 7 LoserLeaves

The Throwbacks v.s. The Devastation Corporation: For Los Campeonatos De Parejas- 2 out of 3 falls
    Chikara Thread - Page 7 ForLosCdP

Eddie Kingston v.s. Jimmy Jacobs
    Chikara Thread - Page 7 EKJJ

"Smooth Sailin" Ashley Remington v.s. Juan Francisco Coranado: Can only be won by german suplex
    Chikara Thread - Page 7 AshleyJuan3

Heidi Lovelace v.s. Missle Assualt Ant: Young Lions Cup Finale
    Chikara Thread - Page 7 YLCXI

Good announced card, tell me if any of you guys are going.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:59 pm

It does look like a good show, and this could be the farewell for UMB.
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:16 pm

going to the show today, i'm available tomorrow if you want me for TIR
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:56 pm

Have fun at the show. There's a good chance I order the ippv.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Wrestling wise, this might have been the best CHIKARA show (at least in a few years). That said the Main Event wasn't great, but I didn't really have high hopes with Icarus vs a rookie.

I would suggest going out of your way to see this show. There were plenty of video packages to let you know why matches were happening, so if you haven't followed CHIKARA this year it's ok. It seemed like a lot of guys took this show seriously and went all out. I missed some of the Cibernetico, so that isn't included in my thoughts, but the top matches were definitely Delirious/UMB (probably the best UMB singles match I've ever seen) and the tag title match.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:30 am

I'll probably pick this up soon on SMVOD. Seemed super fun.
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:48 pm

The main event was not well wrestled but was fun as hell. I was in theausle with the red chikara shirt, I had a great view, all of the matches where amazing. Too bad delucalion did not kill Ron Barber Wink but the Bryce kill tease was interesting, shaked his hand after the vent and congratulated him on the great show.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:45 pm