WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+7
RFSKannon
JustSkiff
SBR
Swarles
dragondragon
Joe5150
Spudz
11 posters

AAA Thread

Spudz
    Spudz

AAA Thread Empty AAA Thread

Post by Spudz Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:49 pm

AAA coming to El Rey Network in 2014

from the Meltz
    The long discussed movement of AAA to the U.S. was announced officially as a joint venture between Mark Burnett of Survivor fame and Robert Rodriguez of the El Rey Network by Scott Sassa, the Vice Chairman of El Rey Network. Sassa, one of the major power brokers at TBS when wrestling was on that station, announced a one hour television show that would debut during the second half of this year.

One Three Media, run by Burnett, would partner with Lucha Libre AAA, run by Joaquin and Dorian Roldan. Burnett said this was a long-term commitment to bring Mexico's No. 2 sport into the U.S.market.  They have a storyline in place, with the idea of building both prime time television specials on the network and PPV shows.

Here's more on the story.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/mark-burnett-bringing-lucha-libre-670131
    Mark Burnett is expanding his empire to the El Rey Network.

The uber-producer behind Survivor and The Bible is teaming with Robert Rodriguez's new Latino-themed network to create a weekly hourlong series featuring a new lucha libre league. The Mexican wrestling series will debut in the second half of 2014.

Burnett's One Three Media will partner with Lucha Libre AAA -- Mexico's leading league -- and FactoryMade Ventures. Antonio Cue Sanchez-Navarro and LatinoAmerica's largest production group, Alex Garcia's AG Studios, are also on board for the new venture.

"Starting this business with a new television series on a cutting-edge network like El Rey is very exciting," Burnett said in a release announcing the news. "And it doesn't end there. Wrestling is a billion-dollar business in the U.S., and with partners like Robert Rodriguez, Lucha Libre AAA and the rest of our great team, our new lucha libre league will make that market even bigger."

Added Rodriguez: "El Rey Network is all about the unexpected which is why this is the perfect partnership. Our association with Lucha Libre AAA, FactoryMade and Mark Burnett's One Three Media speaks to our commitment to create content that resonates for a culturally diverse generation -- one that expects high impact and excitement from their entertainment programming."

As part of the new pact, the group will develop monthly and quarterly specials, as well as pay-per-view lucha libre events. Merchandise, licensing and product integration opportunities for the league are also being explored.

The news comes nearly a year after Lucha Libre announced plans to explore scripted and unscripted TV with new partners FactoryMade and Starlight Runner Entertainment, who will help build the multiplatform world of heroes and villains.

In addition to Burnett and One Three Media, El Rey Network's weekly series also will be executive produced by Rodriguez and by FactoryMade and El Rey co-founders John Fogelman and Cristina Patwa. One Three Media's COO Brian Edwards will join the venture's board with current board members Dorian Roldan from Lucha Libre AAA, Cue Sanchez-Navarro, Fogelman and Patwa.

Beyond his new El Rey venture, Burnett also has The Bible follow-up miniseries set up at NBC, CBS' siege of Masada mini The Dovekeepers, NBC event series Plymouth as well as a space competition series, among other projects.

The El Rey Network, which launched in December, is a new 24-hour English-language network targeting the Latino 18-49 audience. Founded and curated by Rodriguez, the network has a national distribution agreement with Comcast. Scott Sassa serves as the network's vice chairman.

Last edited by Spudz on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

AAA Thread Empty AAA 'TripleMania XXII' - Jeff Jarrett/Sin Cara 1

Post by Joe5150 Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:06 pm

On iPPV 8/17:

1. Aero Star/Jennifer Blake/Mascarita Sagrada/Pimpinela Escarlata vs. Super Fly/Sexy Star/Mini Abismo Negro/Black Mamba

2. Torneo por el AAA Cruiserweight Title/AAA FUSION Campeonato – Participants: Daga (c) vs. Fenix (c) vs. Angelico vs. Australian Suicide vs. Bengala vs. Jack Evans vs. Joe Lider vs Hijo del Fantasma vs. Pentagon Jr. vs. Ricochet

3. Por el Reina de Reinas: Fabi Apache (c) vs. Taya Valkyrie

4. Steel Cage Match where the loser must get shaved or unmasked – Participants: Blue Demon Jr./Electroshock/La Parka Jr./Averno/Chessman/Jeff Jarrett

5. 4 Way Dance por la Copa Triplemania XXII: Cibernetico vs. Myzteziz vs. Perro Aguayo Jr. vs,. Luchador Sorpresa

6. Mascara contra Caballera: Psycho Clown vs. Hijo del Texano

For those wondering, Myzteziz is the 1st Sin Cara and the original Mistico
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

AAA Thread Empty Re: AAA Thread

Post by dragondragon Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:45 pm

Australian Suicide needs to be in TNA
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:59 pm

Someone asked me why I hate AAA in thread before right? Look at this card!
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:52 am

Same night as SummerSlam lol
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:03 pm

So umm why is this titled Jeff Jarrett/Sin Cara 1?
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:57 am

JustSkiff wrote:So umm why is this titled Jeff Jarrett/Sin Cara 1?

^^^
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:01 pm

AAA announcer Arturo Rivera(@rudorivera) on twitter just posted that Alberto Del Rio will debut at TripleMania.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:54 pm

Video of Rey Mysterio appearing last night on the Tron, cutting a promo with ending "#FreeRey"

SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:08 pm

Joe5150 wrote:Video of Rey Mysterio appearing last night on the Tron, cutting a promo with ending "#FreeRey"

Rey Mysterio was not at TripleMania, but a video of him did appear at the end of the show saying he would be returning soon.

Alberto Del Rio, as Alberto el Patron, was there as the new lead babyface even though he's also on a non-compete.  The name Alberto Del Rio was used in a graphic and he used his WWE ring music and he ripped on WWE, saying he encountered racism but before he could say more, several heels attacked him and he cleaned house.  At the end of the show, he ran in to attack Perro Aguayo Jr., after Aguayo Jr. had pinned Myzteziz after a low blow.  Alberto put Aguayo Jr. in the armbar to end the show.

Mysterio doing even that much while under WWE contract, and AAA facilitating it, is something to watch out for.

Jeff Jarrett's was unable to get into the country for the show due to bad weather in Dallas canceling his flight.  Also missing the show was Ricochet, who said he missed his flight.

-Dave
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:02 pm

Dave said on the LAW from last night that the E was trying to get ADR, er, AeP locked to a one year non-compete which would be insane but probably won't happen
    RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:12 am

dragondragon wrote:Dave said on the LAW from last night that the E was trying to get ADR, er, AeP locked to a one year non-compete which would be insane but probably won't happen

Eh, clauses like that HAVE happened before.  His no compete would be one year in the US though.  The only real affect it might have would be if Del Rio/El Patron would appear on AAA's show on El Rey.   Not saying he won't get out of the clause, but it's not impossible for it to happen.  

Edit:  Just to add to that, WWE may be able to enforce the one year clause due to HOW his contract was terminated.   Don't get me wrong, from all I've heard about the guy he hit, the little jack hole had it coming, it was still not the way to go about handling the matter.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:13 am

History will mark this day as the day that El Patron returned home. But the truth is, after listening to that grand reception, I don’t think El Patron ever left, because his heart belongs to you, it belongs to Mexico. A lot has been said about why I left, why I came back. Seven years ago I embarked on that dream, that adventure called America. And by suffering, blood, sweat and tears we showed North Americans and the entire world, that when you do things with heart, with passion, with love, and being humble under the eyes of God our Father, dreams do come true. Of course it wasn’t easy, and then came a day that the dream turned into a nightmare. Similar to many of you, or if not you, to family members of yours, who have gone to the other side looking for a better life for those that we love, I came across a monster, a monster called racism. Racism doesn’t distinguish sex, race, religion, color, it doesn’t care…if you have money, if you don’t have it. But this man that’s standing right here (points at his father Dos Caras), that has given me everything and has made me the person that I am, gave me the biggest gift a father can give his son – honesty and the spirit to triumph. He never lowered his head, so that I could learn to never lower it in front of anyone. I love you, Dad. In the U.S., they might be able to take my job, but they’ll never, ever take away my dignity and my pride. And on this night, my fellow Mexicans, I promise you and God that never again will someone come and disrespect my people, myself and all those that I love – because I am El Patron Alberto and I am Mexican ladies and gentlemen!
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:36 pm

Good shit Attitude. Seems pretty standard face stuff to me and not as much of a shoot as reported but whatever works
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

AAA Thread Empty Rey Mysterio Jr. a free agent, most likely headed back to AAA

Post by Joe5150 Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:10 pm

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe-news/41389-mysterio-no-longer-under-wwe-contract

Rey finally got out of his WWE deal and it looks like he has/will return to AAA where he made a name for himself in the early 1990's. With AAA having Lucha Underground as a off-shoot American promotion, I hope they use him there.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:21 pm

Pretty sure he will def be used on LU. Which should be pretty cool.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:54 am

Rey in Lucha Underground has been a given, ever since Konnan and MLW were pushing the #FreeRey stuff on social media last year.

I can't wait to see him live at the Temple soon.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:57 pm

AAA 'Lucha Libre World Cup' feat. TNA Impact Wrestling, ROH, AJPW, and NOAH

AAA Thread 11011702_688633461248725_8966345891618219560_n

I'm guessing this will be similar to the old TNA World Cup, but with just trios teams. Confirmed teams:

-Alberto El Patron will lead the 1st AAA team with Rey Mysterio and Myzteziz (aka the original Mistico and Sin Cara) as his teammates

-Team NOAH consists of Yoshihiro Takayama, Taiji Ishimori, and Atsushi Kotoge

-Team AJPW will consist of KENSO (aka Kenzo Suzuki), Tiger Mask (the 3rd one played by Koji Kanemoto), and Masamune

-Team TNA will be lead by Matt Hardy

There is also another team representing the rest of the world and Johnny Mundo is said to be on it. The Patron team is called the Dream Team.

GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:05 pm

Looks cool, will there be an american version?
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:49 pm

GolfClubNinja wrote:Looks cool, will there be an american version?

No, not until GFW does some American aired/commentary PPV's for them. I think they have deal to do some shows  later in the year, but not this.

AAA is pretty easy to follow anyways in Spanish, especially with all the US talent on the show.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:31 pm

This could end up pretty good. I like Team NOAH.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:19 pm

Joe5150 wrote:
    GolfClubNinja wrote:Looks cool, will there be an american version?

No, not until GFW does some American aired/commentary PPV's for them. I think they have deal to do some shows  later in the year, but not this.

AAA is pretty easy to follow anyways in Spanish, especially with all the US talent on the show.

AAA makes all of the episodes of their weekly show available on their official YouTube channel, including past PPVs like Rey de Reyes and TripleMania:

https://www.youtube.com/user/luchalibreaaatv

I would imagine that most of the shows involving the World Cup will be TV tapings anyway, so I they should be posted there regularly.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:36 pm

I believe there will be a Team ROH as well.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon May 11, 2015 12:46 am

AAA recently announced the full line-up of teams for the Lucha World Cup:

AAA Thread 11209466_695733013872103_2405155801802202964_n

• Mex Dream Team: Alberto El Patron, Rey Mysterio Jr. & Myzteziz

• Team Mexico: El Hijo Del Fantasma, Texano Jr. & Psycho Clown

• Team MexLeyendas: Blue Demon Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr. & Solar

• Team USA #1 (TNA Wrestling/Lucha Underground): Matt Hardy, Mr. Anderson & Johnny Mundo

• Team USA #2 (ROH Wrestling/Lucha Underground): Moose, ACH & Brian Cage

• Team Japan #1 (Pro Wrestling NOAH): Taiji Ishimori, Yoshihiro Takayama & Atsushi Kotoge

• Team Japan #2 (All Japan Pro Wrestling): Kenzo Suzuki, Tiger Mask III & Masamune

• Team “Rest of the World”: Drew Galloway, Angelico & El Mesias

The iPPV will be available for $19.99 on May 24. It will also feature Vampiro & Matt Striker on commentary for the English feed.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Mon May 11, 2015 12:58 pm

This is tempting, brother.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content