WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+13
WhoBetta
JustSkiff
TeeBeeKay
WWF Attitude
danhere
GolfClubNinja
dragondragon
Swarles
Slayer
Xero
SBR
RFSKannon
Spudz
17 posters

Lucha Underground season 1

Slayer
    Slayer

Lucha Underground season 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Lucha Underground season 1

Post by Slayer Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Lucha Underground season 1 - Page 3 B7mdnHyCYAAAs3A

So, Alberto El Patron arrived in Lucha Underground this weekend. He made his debut on their tapings Satudrday night. I went to the Sunday taping and he was on that show as well. I won't say what he was doing, but if you've been keeping up with AAA, you'll have an idea of who else has come over to the Lucha Underground Temple to settle a score with him.

Also, there was a really good main event on this past Wednesday's episode. It was Prince Puma defending the Lucha Underground Championship against Fenix:

TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:22 pm

Dish added El Rey!!!!! LUCHA!!!!!!!!
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:49 pm

I'm not gonna look through this thread as I'm catching up, but:

I'm catching up on Lucha Underground....What a great product. After I think the 3rd episode I kinda fell out of it, but I'm catching up. I'm on the 1/7 Aztec Warfare LU Title match episode. So friggen good. I love how progressive the product is. A cross-dressing gay character who is portrayed as a face(Something you'd really never see on WWE or TNA) and women that are treated equal to the guys in the ring, wrestling for the same title.

The production is top notch and different in all the right ways. The wrestling is great. Every wrestler seems to have a story. The storylines are good. What a excellent hour of pro wrestling, that's innovative.

I think Lucha Underground can be the new ECW in the sense of how they can infulence the rest of the American products in a positive way. I really hope LU survives. Also, I can't wait to see what they do with Alberto El Patron(Del Rio) and Rey Mysterio Jr.(he's negotiating his WWE release and is planning to head to AAA & LU).

There is really nothing to dislike about this product.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:58 pm

Exactly. What I love about Lucha Underground is how everybody's strengths are maximized. You don't have guys who aren't funny being put in the position of having to recite bad comedy, muscle-bound monsters are not exposed by being placed into performing 20-minute technical wrestling matches, nor are the Spanish speaking luchadors expected to do lengthy promos in front of a live crowd.

Luchadors are allowed to just go and have exciting, fast-paced matches that showcase their high-flying arsenal of moves, powerhouses are limited and few in the promotion (Big Ryck and Cage), and in-ring promos are kept to a minimum.

I'm headed to the tapings once again this weekend, so I'm excited for that. I can't reveal spoilers, but if anybody wants to know anything else about the live shows, I'm open to telling you all about it.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:50 pm

To echo the statements in this thread, LU is the greatest thing ever. Watching LU and NXT is always the highlight of my week. It's smart, fun and I can't even get it in english but if you aren't currently watching you should be.

My biggest fear is El Rey cancelling it. Let's not let that happen.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:36 am

I mean they made me care about Ricky Reyes and Lil Cholo, so they must be doing something really good.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:12 am

Came back from a taping earlier today. Let's just say, that the intergender aspect of Lucha Underground will be vindicated when these shows air (April 15 and 22).

There was also quite a few new faces entering the Temple.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:34 am

Jack Evans, the former crusierweight champion for AAA, is expected to debut on Lucha Underground in the next few months. There are storylines already in place.

During a tryout at the LU tapings last week, Shane Strickland and Willie Mack impressed officials. Strickland has already been signed while Mack will likely be offered a deal. Former Olympic wrestler Jeff Cobb and former WWE Tough Enough contestant Martin Causus have also signed.

Causus, Cobb and Strickland will all debut with new names. Cobb is expected to debut as a TV regular while the other two will debut in the next few months.

Credit: The Wrestling Observer

Credit: Some other guy who's crediting the Observer

But I'm all for Jack and Strickland showing up.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:19 pm

Is Jack still good?
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:38 pm

I don't remember the last time I saw him (possibly that Final Battle show from 4 years ago), but I doubt that he's lost his charisma, and I would guess he can still do some fun flips.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:40 am

Evans has been in a tag team with Angelico in AAA for the past few years after Teddy Hart left. He can still go quite well. AAA posts entire episodes of their weekly TV show on YouTube if you want to see his current work. Evans wasn't at the tapings this weekend though, as he was booked for AAA events in Mexico instead.

Willie Mack and Shane "Swerve" Strickland were both at the tapings and ended up in a pretty prominent role. Since it's been reported elsewhere, I don't believe this qualifies as a spoiler if I mention that Strickland's Lucha Underground gimmick will be as a masked wrestler named Killshot.

Martin Causus did some dark matches during the tapings last Fall (clips of the matches he was in ended up in vignettes for Mil Muertes and other wrestlers). However, he's been out of action due to a knee injury. He has been billed as Magnificent Martin, a throwback gimmick ala Gorgeous George or any Nature Boy in wrestling history.

Jeff Cobb is a former Olympic wrestler who's previously appeared on MAV TV's Championship Wrestling From Hollywood. Cobb is not only a legitimate shoot wrestler with some size, but he's very athletic as he can do moonsaults and even a standing Shooting Star Press. He's only been in dark matches so far.

Shawn Daivari was also involved at this weekend's tapings. I was told he was in a dark match on Saturday (I only went to Sunday's taping), but I'm not sure what his role will be. He didn't wrestle on Sunday, but he had a very noticeable presence.
    RefChrist
    RefChrist

Post by RefChrist Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:39 pm

Jeff Cobb is called "Mr Athletic" in Northern California. Him and Cage have had some amazing matches in APW & Fighting Spirit Pro.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:10 am

According to Meltz Russo is heading to LA to interview the ring announcer girl, but will also likely get an interview for a writing job because we can't have nice things
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:04 am

That rumor is bullshit. So many people involved (including executive producers Eric Van Wagenen and Chris DeJoseph) are openly denying that Russo will be hired or contribute to Lucha Underground in any capacity.

Yes, he will be in LA next week to shoot some content for his site with ring announcer Melissa Santos, and while they have mentioned he's welcome to attend the tapings, he is not being invited to join the promotion.

I wouldn't take Meltzer's word on anything Lucha Underground related too seriously. I remember him saying that the first tapings were "Wrestling Society Mex," and the finished product was nothing like that at all.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:48 am

Just came back from tonight's Lucha Underground tapings. Some incredible matches once again.

Vince Russo was in the stands among the fans. However, I was more surprised to see Robert Trujillo of Metallica.

Jack Evans made his LU debut, and the finish to his match was ridiculously insane. That would have gone incredibly wrong with different participants, but you'll all see what I mean when these shows air in May.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:33 pm

You little tease you!
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:30 pm

TeeBeeKay wrote:According to Meltz Russo is heading to LA to interview the ring announcer girl, but will also likely get an interview for a writing job because we can't have nice things

I know a source about this.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:23 pm

SBR wrote:You little tease you!

I've heard that people involved with LU monitor wrestling sites and social media for spoilers, and the forms I signed basically say that I get blacklisted if they find out that I send out episode spoilers, or post pics/videos of matches online.

Now, I don't have any of my social media accounts linked to this profile, and while it's doubtful anybody involved in LU might stumble upon here, I'd rather not risk it.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:48 pm

The Mil Muertas/Fenix casket match was fucking incredible.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:00 am

BEST CASKET MATCH EVER!

JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:11 am

It was incredible.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:37 am

LU is planning their version of WrestleMania called ''Ultimo Lucha''. It would be a 3-hour show aired LIVE for free on El Ray Network. This according to Meltzer.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:36 pm

Joe5150 wrote:LU is planning their version of WrestleMania called ''Ultimo Lucha''. It would be a 3-hour show aired LIVE for free on El Ray Network. This according to Meltzer.

Hope they get more clearance so I can watch it live.

Also the new LU Championship belt might be the best belt in wrestling.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:47 pm

SBR wrote:
    Joe5150 wrote:LU is planning their version of WrestleMania called ''Ultimo Lucha''. It would be a 3-hour show aired LIVE for free on El Ray Network. This according to Meltzer.

Word is that they may be airing the show on Univision in the not-to-distant future, however it would be Spanish commentary only.

I like it being in English, as it allows me to really connect more with the product and the announcers explaining the stories/characters.

Added News: LU 'Ultimo Lucha' will air in August. They are debating whether to do 2 hours or 3 hours.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:17 pm

Joe5150 wrote:
    SBR wrote:

Word is that they may be airing the show on Univision in the not-to-distant future, however it would be Spanish commentary only.

I like it being in English, as it allows me to really connect more with the product and the announcers explaining the stories/characters.

Added News: LU 'Ultimo Lucha' will air in August. They are debating whether to do 2 hours or 3 hours.

I watch it on UniMas, I don't mind the Spanish commentary. Hugo and Vamp are always excited its infectious.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:52 am