WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

5 posters

Shocking Finish to Main Event Match in British Columbia

RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Shocking Finish to Main Event Match in British Columbia Empty Shocking Finish to Main Event Match in British Columbia

Post by RFSKannon Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:42 pm

This is from the PWInsider fan report that attended the show.

"Randy Orton vs Dolph Ziggler
    Good, long, competitive match. The story is that Randy is trying to get the RKO on Ziggler, but Dolph manages to counter. Finally, out of nowhere, Randy hits the RKO...and Dolph...KICKS OUT AT 2! Yes. Dolph Ziggler kicked out of an RKO. The crowd goes wild. Dolph hits the Zig Zag and pins Orton clean, 1-2-3. Now the crowd REALLY goes wild because it was so not the finish that was expected. Now, if only Ziggler could get those kinds of matches on TV... Really cool surprise finish though to wrap up the show."

I know house shows don't really count and will likely never be mentioned on tv, but holy shit...
    Vipes
    Vipes

Shocking Finish to Main Event Match in British Columbia Empty Re: Shocking Finish to Main Event Match in British Columbia

Post by Vipes Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:24 pm

Did Orton forget to pick up Ziggler at the airport, and this was how Randy made it up to him?
    Slayer
    Slayer

Shocking Finish to Main Event Match in British Columbia Empty Re: Shocking Finish to Main Event Match in British Columbia

Post by Slayer Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:33 am

Probably punishment for making fat jokes about that girl on Twitter and then dismissing Twitter Q&A's as being "for guys like Ryder & Ziggler."
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:53 pm

Dave explains:

--For those wondering about the Dolph Ziggler win over Randy Orton last night in Abbotsford, BC, which may happen in Yakima, the reason is that it was advertised as Orton vs. Roman Reigns, and Reigns was in Australia instead. The rule of thumb is to put the face over in the main event anyway, but when it's a sub for the main attraction face on the show, the rule is even stronger. It's not a sign anybody is mad at Randy Orton or he's being punished.

Also, it's crazy to me how over Dolph still is even after being a jobber for years.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:43 pm

This is kinda cool, if nothing else a neat story that provides some insight into off the charts booking.

I don't get the Dolph love. I like him just fine. I recognize he is very talented, but people who write him in as the next Ric Flair or sure fire top star bewilder me.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:10 pm

I don't get it either. He's a very good athlete and sells for others like nobody else. But he hasn't really established what exactly his persona is and his matches and spots tend to feel repetitive.

Good for him though to be getting these kind of wins and opportunities every now and then though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:26 pm