WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+7
Xero
TeeBeeKay
WWF Attitude
Swarles
CapitalTTruth
JustSkiff
Joe5150
11 posters

Cesaro Giant Swings himself into the Heart of Vince & the Main Event

Joe5150
    Joe5150

Cesaro Giant Swings himself into the Heart of Vince & the Main Event Empty Cesaro Giant Swings himself into the Heart of Vince & the Main Event

Post by Joe5150 Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:15 pm

According to different sites and sources who was backstage at the show, Vince was “thrilled” with the match and has finally recognized Cesaro’s potential. Cesaro received a standing ovation backstage after his match against Cena.

Several of Vince’s trusted advisors told him they think Cesaro can be one of the biggest stars in the company.

Cesaro has been over fans and colleagues with his unique move set and his impressive feats of strength, but it was only a year ago when Vince told the writers and producers that he saw nothing in the Swiss Superstar.

Following RAW, Cesaro’s ‘stock’ with Vince hit an all time high.

http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-vince-mcmahon-finally-sold-on-cesaros-potential/

----

ther sites are saying the same thing. The face that he got matches with Orton(beating him clean) and looking great in defeat against Cena witihn a week, kind of shows this may be true.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Cesaro Giant Swings himself into the Heart of Vince & the Main Event Empty Re: Cesaro Giant Swings himself into the Heart of Vince & the Main Event

Post by JustSkiff Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:41 am

While I'm a huge fan of Cesaro. I don't see him as a long term star with the company. Even on the indies, he had a few runs where he was just flat out uninteresting and boring. Most of the times were when he was a face for too long, but the few months in ROH before he joined back up with Hero was rough too.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Cesaro Giant Swings himself into the Heart of Vince & the Main Event Empty Re: Cesaro Giant Swings himself into the Heart of Vince & the Main Event

Post by CapitalTTruth Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:26 am

I too fear his inevitable face turn. I hope he has been working on that personality. It is also likely that he could be kept around people who can help keep him interesting if he falls a touch flat. The Real American's stuff has helped, we will see how they decide to keep him interesting.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:28 pm

He is a much better babyface, you guys are crazy. I just watched some roh 2008 where he was a very generic heel, similar to what he was when he came up in wwe. Much prefer him as a lovable babyface.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:31 pm

That face run in CHIKARA before the BDK was so boring.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:32 pm

you think YES! is over? wait until Cesaro brings back HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:53 pm

JustSkiff wrote:That face run in CHIKARA before the BDK was so boring.

Yea but then he was in the BDK. And that was much worse. He's a better face.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:06 pm

I think he's a better face too

He's so damn charming and likable, the trick will be WWE finding a way to tap into this, and I think the key would be pretapes, I remember about a year ago he was doing the anti-america gimmick and filmed something in a town somewhere where he was kind of ripping on it and America but he was so personable it came across as charming

When he was on Colt's podcast and he was telling the Honkey Tonk Man story he got so excited so it was impossible not to like him, and I think they need to find a way to convey that, because the wrestling is there, and his style is really good for a babyface worker with the big power moves and the uppercuts, it'll just be finding a way to capture his real personality in his character

I think even a Lex Luger style bus across america thing could really work to help engage the general public with his awesomeness
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:38 pm

I don't know. I like him overall, but I think his charm and likability are so-so. Now that I think about it, I bet they work a lot better in the WWE. his face work will go over better on the big stage.

We can all agree that Cesaro getting a push is good for everyone.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:48 pm

I can't for his indy run as I have seen none of it; however, he needs to exhibit more personality for him to really gel with me.
    WhoBetta
    WhoBetta

Post by WhoBetta Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Topical:

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYY!!!!
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:25 pm

I'm not sure how his face persona will work on the main WWE roster. He's obviously played a face fairly well on the indys before, and he has shown glimpses of face potential on NXT.

However, he is so good as a heel. The way he carries himself as one of, if not the top dog on NXT is great and would work perfectly well on the main roster.
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:17 am

WhoBetta wrote:Topical:

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYY!!!!

I was at that show!
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:00 pm

I'm with Swarley, face Claudio has always been great.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:58 pm