WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+18
Spudz
dragondragon
TeeBeeKay
2kNikk
danhere
Vipes
CapitalTTruth
WWF Attitude
Slayer
RFSKannon
WhoBetta
Indy
The PhenomenalBullyOne
Xero
JustSkiff
Joe5150
Swarles
SBR
22 posters

WWE Network

JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

WWE Network - Page 12 Empty Re: WWE Network

Post by JustSkiff Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:29 pm

Just think of all the "$9.99" chants we'll have to put up with if they raise the price.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:20 am

Insane how all that pushing of the Network and they only added 31,000 subs. Jesus christ.
    danhere

Post by danhere Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:47 pm

I went for the free trail for november so I can watch survivor series and prob other stuff liked the monday night wars series(I think bichoff almost said wwf in the first one and he corrected himself)
    going to cancel after trial,unless theres dec ppv I might want see
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:11 pm

Sami Zayn will wrestle on tonight’s episode of WWE Main Event on the WWE Network making his main roster debut, not a NXT 'Showcase' match.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:07 am

Source - http://www.pwinsider.com/article/89370/complete-ecw-arena-events-and-more-debuting-on-wwe-network-next-week.html?p=1
    The WWE Network will present "ECW Week" over the course of the WWE Network, featuring: *ECW Exposed - Joey Styles doing an in-depth interview with Paul Heyman, airing Monday at 111:06 PM Eastern after Raw goes off the air.
    *40 new episodes of ECW Hardcore TV will be added to "The Vault" VOD area.
    *The Network will add three ECW Arena events to their VOD section as well:
    -Hardcore Heaven 1995 (The Public Enemy vs. The Gangstas, ECW World champion The Sandman vs. Cactus Jack, Raven & Stevie Richards vs. Tommy Dreamer & Luna Vachon, Ian Rotten vs. Axl Rotten in a Taipei Death Match, 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Taz, Hack Myers vs. Val Puccio, Dudley Boyz vs. Pitbulls)
    -November to Remember 1995 (Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk vs. Cactus Jack & Raven, ECW World champion Mikey Whipwreck vs. Steve Austin, ECW World Tag Team champions Sandman & 2 Cold Scorpio vs. The Public Enemy, Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Psicosis in a Mexican Death Match, Bill Alfonso vs. Tod Gordon, Sabu vs. Hack Myers, Pitbulls vs. Eliminators, Konnan vs. Jasonn Knight, Stevie Richards vs. El Puerto Rican, debut of Blue Meanie, The Dudley Boyz, Taz and more)
    -Cyberslam 1996 (Brian Pillman invades ECW, ECW World champion Raven vs. Shane Douglas, Francine & Pitbulls vs. Eliminators & Stevie Richards, 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Sabu, Shane Douglas vs. Cactus Jack, Bruise Brothers vs. Headhunters, Buh Buh Ray Dudley vs. Mr. Hughes, Taz vs. Joel Hartgood, Tommy Dreamer and more)
    Yes; too bad tho heatwave 96 wasn't one of them
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:39 am

with the new batch of ECW Hardcore tv shows coming on I hope its like the first 40 episodes of the series. Love to see the first episode
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:10 pm

Apple TV app has a resume play option now so I've pretty much died and gone to heaven.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:57 pm

Ummm.... Tuesday Night Titans is my new obsession. It is an amazing blend of 100% kayfabe, old time racism/sexism in wrestling, and experiments on how to build characters. I absolutely LOVE it.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:01 am

I'm definitely looking to start watching some of those episodes soon, as well as the recently added Prime Time Wrestling.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:08 pm

I feel like everytime they add something to the network I think "thats cool, but I really wanted _____ "

Mostly what I want is Championship Wrestling/Superstars of Wrestling. Those being the "A" shows of their time.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:47 pm

I really want an assortment of old coliseum home videos. I realize they could just put up like the entire house shows those matches are clipped from, but what fun are those matches without sean mooney introducing them?
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:37 pm

Swarles wrote:I really want an assortment of old coliseum home videos. I realize they could just put up like the entire house shows those matches are clipped from, but what fun are those matches without sean mooney introducing them?

or without Needles the tailor

not to mention the Bushwhackers' Aerobic Workout
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:26 pm

So the Vince Russo episode of the Monday Night War finally aired last week. It was pretty good, given that it didn't recycle a bunch of footage that has already aired in every other episode so far. The finale airs on Tuesday, and apparently it covers the final episode of Nitro and WCW wrestlers transitioning into the WWE.

Also, WWE Network will be adding Tough Enough to the On-demand section, starting with Season 1 on Monday.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:59 am

I have been ultimately disappointed with Monday Night Wars. Some of them were fine, It seemed like a bunch of mini documentaries with no cohesion because they were so redundant. They also really embraced that signature WWE... lets say.... accent; "BAH Ted Turner was an evil emperor, billionaire who attempted to eat McMahon babies and make the rest of the family watch."
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:37 pm

It's odd that they added Tough Enough season 1 right after Josh Mathews starts doing commentary for TNA.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:23 pm

MNW was a let down, they had the time and resources to make it so much more in-depth
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:41 pm

if you replaced every episode of the monday night war with a clip of vince going "Suck it WCW, you idiots. I WON. HAHAHAHAHA!" it would basically be the same documentary.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:33 pm

I too have been greatly disappointed by the Monday Night War show. There have been a few bright spots, but it has largely been the same spiel every episode.

I was kind of hoping for more round table like panels featuring integral figures of that time period (like Legends of Wrestling Roundtables) or even a chronological breakdown comparing both companies on a progressive timeline.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:19 am

MNW show was terrible yet I watched it every week. Still haven't watched the Russo episode but I am at least excited for that.

Tough Enough season 1 though, that's some solid shit. Can't wait to re-watch.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:35 pm

Tough Enough season 1 has reminded me how much I love the WWE Network. What a gem this show and network is.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:26 pm

WWE® (NYSE: WWE) today announced that WWE Network has surpassed 1 million subscribers just 11 months after launch, making it the fastest-growing digital subscription service. These results represent a 37 percent increase (24 percent domestically) in subscribers since last reported[1] at the end of third quarter 2014, driven primarily by a successful free November promotion, the launch of the service in the UK and significant additions for the Royal Rumble pay-per-view event.

"We're thrilled that we've surpassed the 1 million subscriber milestone less than a year after launching WWE Network and in advance of WrestleMania, our biggest event of the year on March 29," said WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon. "We remain focused on delivering an outstanding value proposition for ours fans by adding new content and new features in the coming year."

Viewer data continues to indicate that, on average, close to 90 percent of subscribers access WWE Network at least once per week, 99 percent access WWE Network at least once per month and 86 percent of subscribers are satisfied with WWE Network.

Like other digital subscription services, such as Netflix and Hulu Plus, fans are able to sign up for WWE Network online by going to WWE.com and can watch WWE Network on their TVs through connected devices such as Sony Playstation 3, Sony Playstation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Roku streaming devices as well as Smart TVs including Sony and Samsung. The U.S. English language version of WWE Network is available direct to consumers in more than 170 countries and territories and recently launched in the UK and Ireland.

WWE Network's one-of-a-kind programming includes all 12 WWE pay-per-view events LIVE at no additional charge plus groundbreaking original series, reality shows, documentaries, classic matches, exclusive coverage of special events and more than 2,000 titles in its video-on-demand library.

Average fourth quarter and year-end WWE Network numbers will be reported in the normal course as a part of our earnings release on February 12.

Vince McMahon: Suck it nerds!
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:04 pm

Stock is up 15% today

Good for them, I really doubted they would get to 1 million when I saw 3q numbers last year, and seeing the 4q number will be interesting to find just how much the rumble added, and is they can maintain the 1 million number during the summer and fall

Also side note even though I believe the number of CancelWWENetwork people who actually unsubscribed will be fairly insignificant, all those people are likely counted in this current number unless they subscribed exactly a month before Rumble, but I don't think it's a significant number anyway
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:45 pm

Honestly, there were going to be plenty of people who were going to cancel regardless because they probably subscribed just for the Rumble. I'm not saying everyone who got caught up in the #CancelWWENetwork hysteria fits that criteria, but given that they dropped the 6-month commitment, it likely would have occurred.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:15 pm

I am happy for them and for the network. I think it is ultimately good for the American Wrestling world as it is constructed now.

That said, I am considering cancelling, not as some grand stand gesture mind you. I have just exhausted much of what I liked on there. new content that interests me is fewer and further between. I am not really excited about anything going on right now and if I get excited I can always sign back up.

between New Japan World and my DVDs I have more than enough wrestling. Plus, I have Hulu plus so i wont miss NXT (except takeover)
    danhere

Post by danhere Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:19 pm

any body have trouble watching any of archived videos on the network?
    I tried to watch royal rumble but its not loading , but shows on network schedule(wm 4)
    load with no problem. I also tried other videos in the vault but it doesn't load.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:51 pm