WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+18
Spudz
dragondragon
TeeBeeKay
2kNikk
danhere
Vipes
CapitalTTruth
WWF Attitude
Slayer
RFSKannon
WhoBetta
Indy
The PhenomenalBullyOne
Xero
JustSkiff
Joe5150
Swarles
SBR
22 posters

WWE Network

Vipes
    Vipes

WWE Network - Page 11 Empty Re: WWE Network

Post by Vipes Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:47 pm

WWE would like to thank ROH, CZW, Dragon Gate USA, Les Thatcher's random indy promotion...basically, anyone but TNA.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:31 pm

Vipes wrote:WWE would like to thank ROH, CZW, Dragon Gate USA, Les Thatcher's random indy promotion...basically, anyone but TNA.

I figure when Rollins was talking about having another contract with another company that was TNA? So they sort of got mentioned.
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:38 pm

So it's "Thank you TNA for being an underwhelming enough option for Seth Rollins to call us repeatedly so he can do anything but sign with you."
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:30 pm

Yeah, that doc was pretty great. Seeing Gabe was weird and fun. This is the kind of thing the WWE needs to be doing and doing more frequently to make the network worth it for the long term.
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:44 am

So since they are talking about their past and everything when Prince Devit and Kevin Steen and them come over think the other companies they worked for would get mentioned as well?
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:29 pm

The first 2 episode of The Monday Night War is up. Really good so far, they are doing 20 episodes
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:32 am

Maybe I'm naive, but 20 episodes seems like it's going to be hard to pull off.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:45 pm

JustSkiff wrote:Maybe I'm naive, but 20 episodes seems like it's going to be hard to pull off.

It's going to include 15 episodes of HHH talking about how the Tank incident was the turning point in the war
    Stroke
    Stroke

Post by Stroke Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:38 pm

JustSkiff wrote:Maybe I'm naive, but 20 episodes seems like it's going to be hard to pull off.

Episodes 1-19: How is little WWF going to compete with that big, bad money mongerer Ted Turner and his money.
    Episode 20: WCW wasn't really that good anyways.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:53 pm

Stroke wrote:

Episodes 1-19: How is little WWF going to compete with that big, bad money mongerer Ted Turner and his money.
    That description is dead on for how a lot of the content of the first two episodes is so far.

I'm enjoying it though, even if WWE is taking some liberties with their revisionist history, i.e. calling WCW's tactics "dirty" while ignoring their own past dirty tactics against WCW/NWA.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:55 pm

Slayer wrote:
    Stroke wrote:

That description is dead on for how a lot of the content of the first two episodes is so far.

I'm enjoying it though, even if WWE is taking some liberties with their revisionist history, i.e. calling WCW's tactics "dirty" while ignoring their own past dirty tactics against WCW/NWA.

Yeah I enjoyed the first episode even though it was like "poor WWE" hour. History gets written by those who win so not shocked or dismayed. It's pretty good considering what they could have done (AKA the fuck WCW hour).
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:05 pm

I just brought it up to watch episode 2 (first of all the way they have them listed is really confusing). So they are into the Attitude Era by episode 3 or 4... and they are going to pull 20 episodes. Are they just going to focus on individuals and rivalries eventually?

WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:30 am

Watching the May 20th 1996 episode of nitro.

Never noticed this before, but in the segment with Randy Savage being banned from the arena, we can clearly see that the "outside arena" is a stage set inside the arena thanks to some shitty camera work.
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:49 pm

As I watch old Nitros from 96, I'm so glad WWE was able to secure the rights to Disco Inferno's theme song. Must have cost them a small fortune no doubt.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:01 am

Watching the WWF Draft 2002 edition of RAW(Click RAW replays and the year 2002). I forgot how awesome this episode was.
    danhere

Post by danhere Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:22 pm

another price change to the network this time it's a plus
    November For Free: New subscribers will receive WWE Network free of charge for the entire month of November – including Survivor Series on Sunday, November 23.

New Simplified Price Plan: WWE Network will be available for $9.99 per month with no commitment and the ability to cancel at any time.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:38 pm

When do I get some perks for being a subscriber from the beginning?

Also, terrible numbers:

On what will be an interesting day for WWE, the world's top wrestling organization announced that their subscriber number as of 9/30 was 731,000 total, a net addition of up to 4% (31,000) since last quarter.

Over the last quarter, there were 286,000 new subscribers and 255,000 cancellations.

Considering they were available in 170 new countries and added Canadian TV (Rogers) since the last report, this is a terrible number.

Of the 286,000 new subscribers, 23,000 ordered the $12.99 monthly deal.

The network will be available in the same version as the U.S. in the United Kingdom during the month of November.

Thursday morning, WWE sent out an email to all Network subscribers announcing they were dropping the six-month commitment to the Network immediately and that the ongoing price monthly would be $9.99, cancel anytime. The WWE also released this video of Vince McMahon announcing that new subscribers can get November for free, heavily pushing Survivor Series. That explains going with a main event that would have bombed as a stand-alone PPV, because as a free offering, you don't need to have something that will make people spend money and the psychology becomes altogether different.

There were 703,000 subscribers listed domestically and 28,000 internationally.

Worse, the July PPV number, the prior B show, was 99,000 buys worldwide but September's Night of Champions fell to 48,000 worldwide, so more people stopped buying B PPV's than have been added to the network as subscribers.

For the three month period from 7/1 to 9/30, WWE took in $120.2 million in revenues and had $5.9 million in losses as compared to $113.3 million in revenue and $2.4 million in profits for the same period last year. The losses were well below expectations, based on budget cutting, so that is positive news.

As of this writing, WWE stock is down to $12.43. Their quarterly earnings conference call is scheduled for 11 AM EST, and Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez will be on shortly thereafter with some breaking news audio to discuss the Network numbers, what it means for business, and other news from the call.

In an unrelated item, social media folowers has increased in the last three months from 365 million to 413 million, while house show attendance is down, and merchandise sales on the web are way up.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:29 pm

Really, really horrendous. 4% increase after launching in all those markets is borderline demoralizing.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:14 pm

I think getting rid of the 6 month commitment thing will help a lot. Whoever came up w/ that idea is retarded.

I wouldn't sign up for Netflix w/ a 6 month commitment.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:42 pm

When you market your product to everyone under the age of 12, it's no small surprise that a service requiring a credit card isn't doing so hot.
    danhere

Post by danhere Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Indy wrote:I think getting rid of the 6 month commitment thing will help a lot.  Whoever came up w/ that idea is retarded.

I wouldn't sign up for Netflix w/ a 6 month commitment.

I agree its not right to do 6 month commitment what service does that I only got stuck with after the free trail ended because the button didn't work.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:35 pm

I get the logic behind the 6 month commitment, but in hindsight, it was a bad idea. Now that they are trying to make the network a better month to month deal vs ppv and primarily selling it based on the ppvs, a month to month model makes a lot more sense.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:54 pm

I mean, i don't think the commitment was a bad idea. Like it probably did scare some people off from trying it, but at the same time, how many people are going to pay $10 for wrestlemania and then cancel?

I think they should consider pricing tiers like on XBL or PSN. Something like 11.99 for 1 month, 32.99 for 3 months and 119.99 for the year. Give people some incentive to sign on long term.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:06 pm

I am a little surprised that isn't what they went to. I think they almost trapped themselves a bit by overselling the 9.99 thing. They can't exactly start advertising different prices now. Well, they can, but people are easily confused and easily angered by things like that. I can see that in the future, once they get some more subscriptions. That and advertising seem inevitable to me.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:31 pm

Yea the 9.99 push was a big failure. Not just was it annoying, but if they change the price they look terrible and will get mocked relentlessly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:25 am