WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+18
Spudz
dragondragon
TeeBeeKay
2kNikk
danhere
Vipes
CapitalTTruth
WWF Attitude
Slayer
RFSKannon
WhoBetta
Indy
The PhenomenalBullyOne
Xero
JustSkiff
Joe5150
Swarles
SBR
22 posters

WWE Network

SBR
    SBR

WWE Network - Page 14 Empty Re: WWE Network

Post by SBR Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:54 pm

New shows:

STAMFORD, Conn. — In addition to the premium monthly live pay-per-view events, WWE Network unveiled new programming for the remainder of 2015, which includes eight brand-new original series and partnerships with director Jeff Tremaine, Seth Green’s Stoopid Buddy Stoodios and legendary talk show host Jerry Springer.

Get WWE Network

NEW ORIGINAL SERIES
    CAMP WWE – Coming late 2015
    WWE, in partnership with Seth Green’s Stoopid Buddy Stoodios, will debut a new, animated short-form comedy series titled Camp WWE. Imagine WWE Superstars and Divas when they were kids at their favorite summer camp…which happens to be run by none other than Mr. McMahon. Add in shock value, slapstick humor and social satire, and you have WWE’s first adult comedy, which will debut later this year.

"We're insanely excited about this collaboration,” said Green. "WWE is one of the most heartfelt and professional organizations I've worked with. We're beyond happy to help them realize this vision.”

SWERVED – Coming in May
    WWE teams up with the director of "Jackass" and "Bad Grandpa," Jeff Tremaine, to give you the hilarious original series, Swerved. Swerved is a half-hour series and will premiere in May.

"I’m excited to combine my brand of entertainment with the world of WWE,” said Tremaine. "It will be the ultimate mash-up."

DIVA SEARCH – Coming this fall
    WWE spans the globe in search of the most beautiful, athletic and charismatic women to find the next stunning WWE Diva. This competition will give viewers the opportunity to witness the challenges, trials, drama and rewards that accompany the journey of these women as they vie for superstardom. Coming this fall.

JERRY SPRINGER PRESENTS WWE TOO HOT FOR TV – Coming in April
    Hosted by legendary talk show host Jerry Springer, this series will re-introduce the WWE Universe to the most outrageous stunts and cringe-inducing moments in TV history. The series will be chock full of insane situations and racy romps from WWE’s past that will have members of the WWE Universe asking, “Did they really do this?!” Springer will inject his own brand of humor into each episode with themes such as “Love Hurts,” “All in the Family” and “Weddings and Funerals.”

The half-hour series will be available beginning in April in WWE Network’s video-on-demand library with new episodes weekly.

"I suspect 25 years of 'The Jerry Springer Show' qualifies me to comment on outrageous behavior,” said Springer. “And what is more outrageous than the entertainment, drama and craziness of the WWE? This is going to be fun."

LIVE! WITH CHRIS JERICHO – Debuts Monday, April 6, with special guest John Cena
    Podcast host Chris Jericho challenges his guests in provocative, candid conversations about their careers, their lives, past controversies and the overall state of WWE. The monthly series kicks off Monday, April 6, immediately following Raw,with its first one-hour episode featuring WWE Superstar John Cena.

“I’m stoked to bring my show to WWE Network and give Jerichoholics worldwide more of what they've come to expect — humor, questions that have never been asked before and the best conversations that any podcast host has ever delivered,” said Jericho. “No matter who the guest is, whether it be WWE Superstars, Divas, Legends, executives or icons from the entertainment world, I guarantee to deliver the best, most entertaining interview you have ever heard from each and every one of them."

UNFILTERED: WITH RENEE YOUNG – Debuts in May
    WWE announcer Renee Young interviews WWE Superstars and other pop-culture celebrities, covering just about everything, except what they are famous for. In this short-form series, Renee's guests include Grammy Award winner Wiz Khalifa, five-time Grammy nominee Skylar Grey and WWE Superstars Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins. Unfiltered will debut in May.

CULTURE SHOCK: WITH COREY GRAVES – Premiering in June
    WWE commentator Corey Graves reveals a variety of unique venues, customs, music, food and people as WWE’s tour travels around the world. From Marvel comic headquarters to a tattoo shop on the lower east side of Manhattan, Graves examines the local culture with his unique perspective and style. This short-form series will premiere in June.

WWE THE LIST – Coming in June
    WWE The List is the best, the worst, the most bizarre and interesting of everything and anything WWE. If it’s amazing, outrageous, sexy or just plain fun, it just made #TheList.

NEW EPISODES
    In addition to the eight new original series, WWE Network will also debut new episodes of the highly acclaimed docu-series WWE 24 as well as WWE Countdown and Rivalries. WWE will also add more children’s programming by bringing back the popular 1980s animated series, Hulk Hogan’s Rock ‘N’ Wrestling. In addition, WWE Network will produce compelling specials and short-form content, while continuing to add 1,000 hours to its robust video-on-demand library, which currently has more than 3,000 hours of content.

WWE 24
    The acclaimed 30-minute docu-series takes you on a lightning-fast journey through a day in the life of WWE’s most intriguing Superstars and groundbreaking events.

WWE COUNTDOWN
    WWE Countdown settles the great debates across WWE history. Who was the most dangerous Diva? Who had the best catchphrase? This one-hour series allows the WWE Universe to determine the top 10 in each category and have the final word on who tops each list.

RIVALRIES
    This docu-style series takes a look at the greatest rivalries in WWE history, as never told before. Get the real stories behind WWE’s most exciting matches and entertaining feuds through the eyes of the Superstars who created them. Each one-hour episode leaves no story untold.

HULK HOGAN’S ROCK ’N’ WRESTLING
    Harkening back to 1985, this Saturday morning cartoon, which originally aired on CBS, features Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Junkyard Dog, Captain Lou Albano and Roddy Piper in a series that is both nostalgic and entertaining 30 years later.

SPECIALS
    FLOYD MAYWEATHER VS. THE BIG SHOW: THE BIGGEST VS. THE BEST – Premieres Monday, April 27
    WWE Network will look back at this epic David vs. Goliath encounter at WrestleMania XXIV (2008) and its shocking conclusion coming just in time for Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, which is expected to be one of the biggest boxing matches in history.

NXT TAKEOVER – LIVE! – Airs monthly on Wednesdays
    The future is here. WWE’s hottest up-and-coming Superstars compete to prove they’ve got what it takes. More than just evolution, it’s a revolution! Witness these WWE Superstars of Tomorrow as they take over WWE Network with live two-hour specials.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:35 pm

The shows with Corey and Renee sound fun. The Graves show in particular sounds like something we've pitched on tir a bunch of times.

Willing to give Camp WWE a shot.

The rest look kind of terrible.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:49 pm

Poor poor nXt, someone finally started to take notice...

I guess I should wait to reserve judgement, but I think it's kind of obvious less is more with that brand because there's only really a handful of good guys down there(and some may get called up) and you will burn through matches and stories really quickly if they are monthly specials

I also feel like this is the first in a series of changes that will be dictated by money rather than what's actually best for the product, but who knows maybe I'm wrong
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:54 pm

The NXT undercard is going to be exposed by making the Takeover specials monthly, especially once many of the top tier talent get called up soon (Neville, Zayn, Charlotte, etc.).
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:55 pm

The Graves show sounds like something I would want to do in real life, but not so much something I would want to watch.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:25 pm

So it turns out that NXT specials won't be happening monthly after all. WWE quietly update their WWE Network press release with the corrected information that the Takeover events will remain on a quarterly basis.
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:22 am

I wouldn't have minded maybe bi-monthly NXT specials, but quarterly is definitely better than monthly. One of the charms of NXT is they actually get to build up feuds over time and build some anticipation.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:45 am

It looks like something like that may occur with NXT having more special edition episodes of their recent road shows (Arnold Classic a couple of weeks ago and a WrestleMania Axxess special next week).

With NXT looking to expand their touring soon, I'm not sure if they'll continue to produce such episodes, as it won't be much of a novelty if they're regularly touring. However, it wouldn't hurt to do a road episode every other month or so, ala ROH's Road Rage TV specials.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 pm

WWE Attitude Era RAW's section has been added. So far, they go the entire year of 1998 up. Some episodes have ''Extra Attitude'' which shows the dark segment after the show goes off the air.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat May 02, 2015 1:20 pm

MAY IS ALSO FREE FOR NEW USERS.

Why not just do a month free trial like netflix at this point?

Also who has tried just signing up again with another email? Does that shit work?
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sat May 02, 2015 1:43 pm

Man they couldn't even wait until June for the every other month gimmick
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon May 04, 2015 5:40 pm

Yeah, they should just make it easier on themselves and give new subscribers a free week (ala Hulu Plus) or month from when they sign up, rather than make a specific month free.
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:13 pm

Watching a New Age Outlaws Vs. Owen Hart and Jeff Jarrett tag match from early 99, and who is the ref? That's right playas, Teddy Long. Even back then, WWE knew.
    Kewf1988

Post by Kewf1988 Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:36 am

For the record, they now have nearly every Raw through 2007 up (some exceptions like the Raw Bowl in 1996 and the Kid Rock concert in 2000) and every Smackdown up through WM 20, as well as every Nitro ever. There's much more classic content on there now than there was at the time of the last post, as the Attitude era and the 2002-2007 Ruthless Aggression era are now up, and going by the upload patterns 2008-2009 Raw should be uploaded in the next couple months, which means that the best (2008 is compared to years like 2009-2012, mainly because of stuff like the Jericho/HBK feud, heel Jericho in general, Flair's retirement storyline, and Haas' impersonations, despite stuff like Million Dollar Mania, Rey/Kane feud, Cryme Tyme and Cena spraypainting JBL's limo, and Adamle as GM) AND the worst years of the PG era (guest hosts, Hornswoggle/Chavo, Santina, Lakers vs. Nuggets, PG DX, Little People's Court, Slammys 2009, and overdone main event feuds all year) will be uploaded at the same time. This month they've been uploading 1987-1989 episodes of NWA World Championship Wrestling/WCW Saturday Night (WCW's "A" show until Nitro debuted).

The reason the subscription numbers were low when the network was launched was because of the 6 month commitment (not many people are willing to commit to something for half a year when there's the chance that it might not live up to expectations), and the lack of older content outside of PPVs. It's still very lacking in old school content (no Superstars or Challenge, limited Prime Time Wrestling, Saturday Night's only up to 1989, no Main Event or Worldwide) and the WWE/WCW "B" shows (Smackdown from 2004 post WM through 2011 is extremely lacking, no Thunder), but having 19 out of 23 years of Raw complete (I can see Raw being complete by the end of the year, to use it as a selling point to keep the people who'll subscribe solely for WM subscribed long term), the Attitude era and Smackdown Six eras of Smackdown (basically all of it until Lesnar left in 2004), and all of Nitro complete, as well as every episode of ECW on TNN and 90% or so of Hardcore TV is a huge step up from its first two years.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:10 pm

To be honest, the back library really has little to do with the WWE Network's success.

Most of the content that subscribers actually watch is new and live content; PPVs, NXT, CWC, live specials, etc.

I personally love the older content being available, but to be honest, I rarely watch any of it.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:20 pm

probably havent watched an old show on the network in like a year
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:42 pm

I recently watched Starrcade 99 but otherwise the new content is for me. I do like that they have everything now though, easier to binge for people who do want it.
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:22 pm

I haven't gone back and watched anything old in some time, but having the back catalog available was one of the things I was most excited about when the network launched.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:23 pm