WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+4
Stroke
Xero
Swarles
Joe5150
8 posters

Live Network in-ring Specials like 'Beast in the East' you'd like to see?

Joe5150
    Joe5150

Live Network in-ring Specials like 'Beast in the East' you'd like to see? Empty Live Network in-ring Specials like 'Beast in the East' you'd like to see?

Post by Joe5150 Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:09 pm

Non-RAW/NXT shows/PPVs/TakeOvers, but more house shows with less angles and more about the wrestling, like Beast in the East. Featuring Main Roster & NXT brands. Smaller entrance sets, pretty much just what WWE uses for non-televised shows.

What I'd like to see:

Live @ 'Madison Square Garden'. Similar to the 80's MSG shows, which are in the 'vault' section of the WWE Network, but it be more modern day version of that. Again, less advancing storylines, but pretty much just showing the house shows live. Lesnar is set for the October show, which makes for a perfect opportunity for WWE to air on the Network.

'WWE Live' - Like the MSG idea, air select United States/Canada live events. The last 2 hours of a house shows, pretty much being only wrestling with no promos.

'NXT Live' - Same idea as above, but with select NXT house shows like at the Hammerstein Ballroom, former ECW Arena, etc.

'Blast from the Past' - A show with former WWE/WCW/ECW stars that aren't under contract with any promotion. Something similar to the 'Pro Wrestling Superstars' indy fed. Not only would this be cool, it may actually create some second chances for some guys/girls whom aren't past their prime.

'WWE/NXT Live International' - Wembly Stadium/various venues in the UK, more Japan shows(but maybe in the Tokyo Dome this time and others outside Tokyo), Australia, China, Mexico, South/Central America, ETC.

'WWE In Your House' - Bring back IYH-style shows that happened in the 90's, with shows having themes like named after certain stars or by the stipulation/gimmick of the main event. A smaller version of the gimmicked PPV's(like Money in the Bank, Rumble, Helll in a Cell', etc). It'd be like a PPV, but with the stakes not as high. Think King of the Ring from a few months ago. Use past WWE/WCW themes like King of the Ring, Bash at the Beach, Cyber Sunday-style show, World War 3(with 3 ring Battle royal), War Games(HHH has been pushing to have this match for years), and shows with themes that haven't been used in the past like Iron Man, Last Man Standing, Open Challenge(Title & non-title open challenge matches), Beat the Clock, etc.

'WWE vs. NXT' - Once a year WWE/NXT shows, with winners getting bragging rights.

Those are some of my ideas for expanding the WWE Network with in-ring live special shows. Pretty much all the shows, except for a few would only bee 2 hours. Adding shows like these, I'd think it would make the Network 'must buy' every month for not just casual fans, but especially long-time wrestling fans and may actually bring back some old wrestling fans.

It would be a win-win situation. Just turn some House Shows & International Tour shows, into Network shows.

Your ideas?
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Live Network in-ring Specials like 'Beast in the East' you'd like to see? Empty Re: Live Network in-ring Specials like 'Beast in the East' you'd like to see?

Post by Swarles Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:21 pm

Evolve shows.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Live Network in-ring Specials like 'Beast in the East' you'd like to see? Empty Re: Live Network in-ring Specials like 'Beast in the East' you'd like to see?

Post by Joe5150 Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:29 pm

Swarles wrote:Evolve shows.

Those talks with Gabe have ended, they couldn't make it work.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:56 pm

'Blast from the Past' - A show with former WWE/WCW/ECW stars that aren't under contract with any promotion. Something similar to the 'Pro Wrestling Superstars' indy fed. Not only would this be cool, it may actually create some second chances for some guys/girls whom aren't past their prime.

This due to how potentially terrible it could be.
    Stroke
    Stroke

Post by Stroke Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:44 am

WWE Presents: Your favorite Christmas hits as performed by Jack Swagger.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Stroke wrote:WWE Presents: Your favorite Christmas hits as performed by Jack Swagger.

WWE is releasing a Christmas complitaton hosted by Mick & Noelle Foley. I shit you not, I saw the trailer on Reddit the other day.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:57 pm

Putting house shows on the network while in theory is a good idea, those things are boring af so I would be leary of wasting money on doing it often. If it's done like Beast in the East every once in a while I think that's smart.

I also want a second season of Swerved. That show is hilarious.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:44 pm

i mean for real, i don't want/need anymore live wwe events, there's already more than i can keep up with as it is.

All i really want from the network is more count down.
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:52 pm

I want more Legends Roundtables. In particular, I just want a show where they sit around, drink, and tell Harley Race stories for two hours. Because I've never heard a Harley story that wasn't awesome.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:55 pm

Those Roundtables really need to make a comeback. It also needs to be in that format where the old-timers can cut loose by drinking and smoking so that they are more relaxed and open with their stories.

Unfortunately, the only new roundtables they've had since launching the Network is after Ultimate Warrior and Dusty Rhodes passed away. And those were really more memorial shows than actual roundtable style shows.

I liked Swerved too, as it has been a pleasantly entertaining surprise of a show. It's too bad it likely won't get another season as the talent apparently hate it.

Also, as far as more house shows goes, I think less is more in regards to these types of specials. If they're going to do them, it has to be for something unique you won't see on TV, like the key matches on The Beast In The East were. There was also a Hulk Hogan appreciation night last year in MSG which would have been perfect for the Network (at that point in time). Otherwise, you're just showing the practice matches for TV and PPVs.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:49 pm

WWE just brought back the round table last week, this time it's called 'Table for 3' the first episode had Roddy Piper(I think the last thing he ever filmed for WWE), Mean Gene, & Paul Orndorff.

Each episode is gonna be 3 legends shooting the shit.
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:37 am

But will they tell Harley Race stories for two hours? These are the things that are important to me.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:21 am

I watched Table For 3, but it's clearly not the same. The show is toned down and overproduced, thus it lacks the charm of the legends roundtables that originally aired on WWE 24/7 (or Classics On-Demand).

Also, it's not strictly as Legends show, as the press release with the show's description lists that current superstars and divas will also appear on it.
    Oblivious1
    Oblivious1

Post by Oblivious1 Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:31 pm

Maybe a weekly (or monthly) Behind the Ring, highlighting a different legend/superstar.
    Or an occasional legend/superstar roast.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:15 am