WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+18
Spudz
dragondragon
TeeBeeKay
2kNikk
danhere
Vipes
CapitalTTruth
WWF Attitude
Slayer
RFSKannon
WhoBetta
Indy
The PhenomenalBullyOne
Xero
JustSkiff
Joe5150
Swarles
SBR
22 posters

WWE Network

TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

WWE Network - Page 8 Empty Re: WWE Network

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:00 pm

Yikes, that is not a great number, maybe it will jump since it appeared to work really well last night, but that is not what I was expecting at all
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:03 pm

Stock has fallen over 5 bucks today because of the low number
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:55 pm

How was the stream for Mania?
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:16 pm

near flawless, 2 or 3 hiccups but nothing even close to crashing
    Grant
    Grant

Post by Grant Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:29 pm

Yeah, it was easily the most crisp stream I've had from the network yet.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:55 pm

WrestleMania streamed near perfect on my Xbox last night. There was only a few instances of buffering, probably less than 10 and that included the 2 hour pre-show. Same goes for the live Hall Of Fame broadcast the night before.

For all the faults that the Xbox app has had, the live stream works extremely well on my console.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:01 pm

TeeBeeKay wrote:Yikes, that is not a great number, maybe it will jump since it appeared to work really well last night, but that is not what I was expecting at all

Not trying to be confrontational, but genuinely curious as to the number you expected? Their goal is 1 million by the end of the year, so I would expect them to be at like 700-750k. 667 is a little lower than that, but if they launch in the UK and elsewhere before 2014 is over they will hit their goal for sure.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:09 pm

Swarles wrote:
    TeeBeeKay wrote:Yikes, that is not a great number, maybe it will jump since it appeared to work really well last night, but that is not what I was expecting at all

Not trying to be confrontational, but genuinely curious as to the number you expected? Their goal is 1 million by the end of the year, so I would expect them to be at like 700-750k. 667 is a little lower than that, but if they launch in the UK and elsewhere before 2014 is over they will hit their goal for sure.

I guess I didn't know what to expect, there's no kind of data that we could use to really predict it

I've been under the impression they won't be ready for any other markets until 2015, maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see where they're going to get another 350,000 people from at least from North America, if they do get another market I could see it happening, but again I don't know when that's happening

I just figure if you can't get people to sign up for Mania, I don't know when people are going to sign up for it
    danhere

Post by danhere Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:58 pm

the HOF on my PC was cutting in and out at the start but got better
    as for WM there were no cuts went through no problem.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:32 pm

I had some problems during the Wyatt/Cena match but that was all on my end, the stream was overal great. Honestly couldn't believe it.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:06 pm

I don't know if they will get to 1,000,000 in north America, but I bet they will get some bumps. I kind of think they are going to try to go back to a more unpredictable format on PPV. Instead of trying to market individual ppvs for buys they will start to cultivate a culture of just wanting to be a part of every ppv, because it is a WWE ppv. There is probably a number of folk who could be sucked into that. People who maybe only buy one or two, but don't like the subscription payment format. They will probably also eventually get a steady flow of older folk who eventually find out how much archival stuff is on there, people who are completely turned off to wrestling post 1985 or something.

I also know a few huge wrestling fans who haven't go to the network yet for weird personal reasons. I met a guy who said he doesn't have a gaming system and only has a certain kind of smart tv that the network isn't on yet, but should be this summer. I guess my point is that there are a lot of reasons that people may ultimately sign up. 1,000,000 is ambitious, sure. I think they will get close though.
    Grant
    Grant

Post by Grant Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:24 pm

I think a lot of it factors in to whether people want to spend the money or not. Yeah, 10 bucks a month isn't much. But I know TONS of people that would only see PPVs by going to bars or clubs that were showing it just because it was free. (Never mind the fact that they probably spend a fortune in food & drinks.)

I held off up until early last week just because I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the cash either. But after seeing all the content on there, the original programming and getting every PPV lumped into that price? Beyond worth it. I've been watching at least two hours of stuff every day I've had it.

So I can imagine that within the next few months it'll boom again and they'll be very close to their goal. Especially with the stories that are forming already. People are going to want to see every second of Evolution/Kane vs. Bryan/Shield and that alone should drum up some numbers.
    RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:17 pm

Slayer wrote:WrestleMania streamed near perfect on my Xbox last night. There was only a few instances of buffering, probably less than 10 and that included the 2 hour pre-show. Same goes for the live Hall Of Fame broadcast the night before.

For all the faults that the Xbox app has had, the live stream works extremely well on my console.

Yep, same here. I let my Xbox run through the majority of the pre-show to test things out, aside from some buffering like Slayer had, it worked great.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:02 pm

If you didn't know WWE made a Daniel Bryan WM30 documentary that aired after Main Event and it was awesome. Watch it ASAP.
    Grant
    Grant

Post by Grant Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:31 pm

SBR wrote:If you didn't know WWE made a Daniel Bryan WM30 documentary that aired after Main Event and it was awesome. Watch it ASAP.

This x infinity.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:44 pm

Grant wrote:
    SBR wrote:If you didn't know WWE made a Daniel Bryan WM30 documentary that aired after Main Event and it was awesome. Watch it ASAP.

This x infinity.

I'm watching an hour of Halloween Havoc 99 then going to bed.
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Fri May 09, 2014 10:51 am

For thoese who don't know yet they have added in the Vault section i beilive it's in Clash of the Champions all 39 of them. I heard next is Saturday Night Main Event and Monday Night Wars will be added in the summer.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Fri May 09, 2014 11:32 am

I am really excited to go through Clash. However, after going through the Saturday Night's Main Event dvd, I am really excited to explore that.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Fri May 09, 2014 12:22 pm

The SNME episodes would really fill in so many of the gaps left by the lack of PPVs in the 80's and early 90's.

CotC has some great stuff, if you haven't already go check out Flair vs. Funk from CotC IX: New York Knockout.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri May 16, 2014 3:45 pm

Every Raw from 93 and half of 94 have been added. I'm way too excited about this. Started watching from the beginning of 94, the feuds are Taker/Yoko, Bret/Owen, BAM BAM BIGELOW/BASTION BOOGER and The Quebecers vs. Marty Jannety and 1-2-3 Kid. Also the ludvig borga push is still a thing.

PS they've added raws from a bunch of other years as well.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Fri May 16, 2014 3:54 pm

last night I watched Pat Patterson watch Tony Atlas gets spray tanned while the other WWE Legends were getting manscaped. I PAID to watch that...

Also Kenny King was on that episode.
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Sun May 18, 2014 11:15 pm

Swarles wrote:Every Raw from 93 and half of 94 have been added. I'm way too excited about this. Started watching from the beginning of 94, the feuds are Taker/Yoko, Bret/Owen, BAM BAM BIGELOW/BASTION BOOGER and The Quebecers vs. Marty Jannety and 1-2-3 Kid. Also the ludvig borga push is still a thing.

PS they've added raws from a bunch of other years as well.

I forget where is it at during the 93 raws but Kid makes his debut against the Bad guy.
    RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Thu May 29, 2014 6:17 pm

Not sure if it's being this way for anyone else, but man WWE Network is being really pissy for me right now.

Edit: Hrm, may be a computer issue or my net provider.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Thu May 29, 2014 7:10 pm

According to Owen Rhys Davies, the network will begin airing ads in 2015.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Thu May 29, 2014 7:21 pm

FWIW mine is working fine Kannon

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:55 am