WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+18
Spudz
dragondragon
TeeBeeKay
2kNikk
danhere
Vipes
CapitalTTruth
WWF Attitude
Slayer
RFSKannon
WhoBetta
Indy
The PhenomenalBullyOne
Xero
JustSkiff
Joe5150
Swarles
SBR
22 posters

WWE Network

RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

WWE Network - Page 9 Empty Re: WWE Network

Post by RFSKannon Thu May 29, 2014 7:30 pm

TeeBeeKay wrote:FWIW mine is working fine Kannon

Yeah, finally got it working. No idea what the deal was.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Thu May 29, 2014 7:53 pm

I've only used it on X Box recently, seems to work fine
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Fri May 30, 2014 9:21 pm

Still waiting for Monday Night Wars being added on. I wounder if it's going to be all on at once like Clash of Champions or is it going to be added like Monday Night Raw is.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri May 30, 2014 9:39 pm

I think Monday night war is going to be a show like countdown, rewind etc. So I would guess when it goes up it will be 1 per week.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sat May 31, 2014 4:56 am

It seems like they are uploading Raw in order and they are in mid to late 94 now, and my guess would be they will start MNW when they get caught up to when it happened, so when they get to September 95 they'll upload Raw and Nitro and MNW as it corresponds, but I could be wrong about that
    RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Sat May 31, 2014 11:50 am

I "think" they announced that Monday Night Wars and Saturday Night's Main Event would come to the network "this fall" back when they added Clash of Champions to the line up.
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:08 pm

TeeBeeKay wrote:It seems like they are uploading Raw in order and they are in mid to late 94 now, and my guess would be they will start MNW when they get caught up to when it happened, so when they get to September 95 they'll upload Raw and Nitro and MNW as it corresponds, but I could be wrong about that

I wounder if that's why they haven't uploaded any smackdowns besides of episode 1 and 12 from 1999. Like you said \.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:26 pm

I'm up to Survivor Series '93 in my Chronological reviewing of Raw and PPVs.

I still can't believe they never put the belt on Luger after all the hype and "America Fuck Yeah!" nonsense.

Not that I'm upset he never wins the belt, but I can imagine there were a lot of kids back then thinking "our All American hero is chump".

On a semi-related note, the crowd is chanting "we want Doink" during the Four Doinks fiasco. But I'm glad he's pretty much gone. Much like Macho Man, I'm all "Doinked out".

well back to Shawn and Bret carry the world: WWF 1993 - 1996
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:40 pm

oh no i haven't watched Raw 94 in a couple weeks, you're gonna lap me.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:41 am

I'm watching the Raw/Nitro simulcast and I gotta say for the most part the first hour of this show sucked. Two one minute midcard matches and lets be honest the Vince promo sucked until Shane showed up. Best parts are the "My Way" promos for WM17 and the most random Rhyno debut ever.
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:21 pm

WWE Countdown for Most Dangerous Divas.

Vickie was screwed.

Also, after watching the Legends of Wrestling roundtable on Bad Asses, I want an entire episode where guys just tell Harley Race stories.
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:07 pm

I read online that they are brining old episodes of SNME on the network this coming monday. ALso are they making anymore of the legends of wrestling shows?
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:39 pm

There's already one SNME up, but yeah they all should be added soon.
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:07 pm

cool i didn't know there was one already there. I've been watching some WCW PPVS and ECW PPVS. Anyone else think that they are adding these SNME to make up for the backlash they are getting for adding Total Divas before any of the other wrestling shows first?
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:08 am

The PhenomenalBullyOne wrote:I read online that they are brining old episodes of SNME on the network this coming monday. ALso are they making anymore of the legends of wrestling shows?

Unfortunately not. These Legends of Wrestling shows are old shows carried over from the WWE Classics on Demand service.

The most recent one they did was the Ultimate Warrior themed episode during Warrior Week (with Josh Matthews moderating and Million Dollar Man, Sgt. Slaughter & Booker T as the panel), which was more of a tribute discussion. It was still entertaining, but didn't have the same unfiltered charm that these shows usually have.

The PhenomenalBullyOne wrote:cool i didn't know there was one already there. I've been watching some WCW PPVS and ECW PPVS. Anyone else think that they are adding these SNME to make up for the backlash they are getting for adding Total Divas before any of the other wrestling shows first?

Nope.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:43 pm

i'm having the weirdest problem with the network right now, the newest episode of countdown keeps losing sound after 5 or 6 seconds. i've tried on multiple devices and it happens every time. All other VOD is fine.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:03 pm

The rivalries episode? Seems fine for me.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:31 am

WWE reported Thursday that WWE Network subscriptions were 700,000 at the end of Second Quarter 2014 (as of June 30).

This is only slightly up from the previous public figure of 667,000 subscribers in May.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:08 pm

That's not good

What's really worrisome for the business model is that they lost 128,000 subs during a period where theoretically they shouldn't have lost any because of the 6 month commitment, I wonder how many will stay after their commitment is done
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:36 pm

Just finished the original WCW Russo PPV run (Halloween Havoc '99 - Starrcade '99. I didn't count Souled Out '00 since he got fired and some changes were made by Sullivan) and Holy shit they were worse than I remembered, which I didn't think was possible.
    danhere

Post by danhere Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:28 pm

I think the problem is that once you watched all the old stuff you get bored and the original shows aren't that great the majority of the subcribers tend to watch the ppvs.
    not to mention most of the original programing can be found on hulu plus as well( main event smack down,which prob cuts into network costs because it less expensive)
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:31 pm

no normal person could have watched ALL the old shows. Plus they're still uploading more shows.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:33 pm

notes from Meltzer

Some major news coming out of the WWE today

*WWE network will offer a $19.99 per month price for those who don't want to commit to the six month period.  It's clear from the number of people who dropped the network even with the commitment in place that it will be much easier to just order at $9.99 and stop paying.

*A one-time payment plan has been offered. Currently subscribers are billed $9.99 per month, but now they can sign up for $59.94 and be billed all at once.  The hope is that people will sign up to be billed all at once which saves money for people who decide to drop.

*The network has 700,000 subscribers as of 6/30.  They didn't give an updated number.  Between 4/7 and 6/30 they added 161,000 subscribers, but had 128,000 cancellations.  They wouldn't give details but this is likely shortly after WrestleMania when they had the big jump in subscribers.

*The cancellation number is the huge story here.    

*The network will be available in 170 countries on August 12.  The key countries that affects are Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Mexico, Spain, Norway, Sweden and Finland.

*They are targeting October for the U.K.

*Countries like Italy, UAE, Germany, Japan, China, Thailand and Malaysia would be available at a date to be announced

*WWE signed a ten year deal with Rogers Communications for exclusivity in Canada through 2024.  This will include all current programming.  The WWE Network will be offered as a traditional television PPV channel in Canada starting August 12.  That explains the recent Observer report of WWE purchasing transponder time and testing out the network feed, as a prelude to a television availability.  Rogers will own not only the broadcast rights but the digital rights to all the major WWE television shows.

*There wll be massive cost cutting internally.  These costs will save the company $10 million this year and $30 million in 2015.

*The cutting wasn't specified past a seven percent reduction in the workforce.  It was noted that with the reduction in the work force, there will be a one-time loss of $4.5 million for severance packages taken during the current third quarter.

*They will add Monday Night War and WWE Rivalries to the program schedule shortly.

*If they average 650,000 subscribers in the third quarter, they estimate OIBDA losses of $12 to $17 million in the next quarter, but with the cost cutbacks, annual OIBDA losses would be $25 million to $35 million.  Previously they had estimated annual losses (not OIBDA, but total losses) at $45 million to $52 million.

*The network itself lost $15.5 million in OIBDA.

*The cutbacks are so significant that they now feel they can break even on 500,000 subscribers in 2015 as opposed to 1.4 million subscribers and at 1.5 million subscribers they will have OIBDA of $100 million to $120 million, which is more than they had pre-network.

*For the quarter, the company recorded $156.3 million in revenues and lost $14.5 million.

*The WrestleMania quarter last year took in $152.3 million in revenues and had $5.2 million in profits.

*On a world wide basis, WrestleMania did 690,000 buys, Extreme Rules did 108,000, Payback did 67,000 and Money in the Bank did 122,000.  For 2013, those shows did 1,104,000; 245,000, 198,000 and 223,000 last year.  Keep in mind U.S. totals for all shows were way down, but in theory (not fact), international should be the same.  It's not, due to the number of international subscribers to the network.

*TV revenue was up from $38.7 million to $43.8 million due to Total Divas and some international contract gains.

*Digital media was down from $7.4 million to $5.2 million due to less Internet PPV purchases of WrestleMania and the other shows.

*House show attendance was up 13% domestically, misleading because they had 11 fewer shows, meaning the higher attended TV tapings make the average look higher.  Because of fewer events and smaller overall attendance, arena merchandise was down 7%.  This doesn't include WrestleMania, which was down this year due to a lower attendance and gate.  International was down 8%

*Licensing was down due to lower video game sales.

*WWE shop revenues increased 33% from $3 million to $4 million because of an increase in orders.   A lot of that increase was due to a new distribution model in the U.K. utilizing Amazon.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:50 pm

As far as the old stuff goes, I know for me the shine has worn off, I watched some old stuff when the Network first launched I was super into it, but now it's really just nXt and the new ppvs for me
    danhere

Post by danhere Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:14 pm

I saw the price change coming for long time now. it make scene to charge 19.99 a month then to the 9.99 6 month commitment. you can just pay the 19.99 to watch a ppv and forget about it after that if you don't want to watch other stuff.(I havent watched the network since April when I was away and had nothing better to do) I might go for 19.99 to watch a few ppvs and some other stuff.
    as too new conent its taking too long for them to put it up. look how long they took to up snme
    can you imagine if they gt tna content and how long that would be that be up.
    plus you have to figure the cost to either change music or purchase the rights to old music which also
    delays content added. I think they didn't ahead before going ahead with it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:02 am