WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+21
GolfClubNinja
p0etryinm0tion
kingofswing
The PhenomenalBullyOne
Vipes
dragondragon
Grant
WhoBetta
TeeBeeKay
Joe5150
Canucker
Slayer
RFSKannon
Xero
2kNikk
JustSkiff
Spudz
Swarles
CapitalTTruth
WWF Attitude
SBR
25 posters

ROH Thread

Slayer
    Slayer

ROH Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: ROH Thread

Post by Slayer Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:03 pm

The 14th Anniversary show is looking very good, and I'll likely order it, based on the card thus far:

*Lethal vs. Cole vs. O'Reilly for the ROH World Title

*The Briscoes vs. Tanahashi & Elgin

*Okada vs. Moose

I also solved the problem of watching ROH TV now, because I recently bought all of the current-gen video game consoles, and ROH TV does stream through the Xbox One browser. Not perfect quality, but still good enough to watch. I'll try it on the PS4 browser soon to see if the quality is any better on there.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:18 am

According to Meltz...

Kenny Omega will be a semi-regular, on a similar schedule as Styles had.

Jay Lethal, Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly all signed one-year deals with a significant raise from their prior deals. In the case of Fish & O’Reilly, when you combine ROH with their New Japan money, it would have been well above what they could have gotten from anyone else.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:03 pm

This is good for all involved. Omega taking over for Styles is a as good as a replacement as you could get.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:54 pm

Fun Fact: the current standings of ROH's world champs

8 are Retired (Ki, Xavier, Punk, Gibson, Danielson, Morishima, McGuinness, Lynn)

4 wrestle for WWE (Joe, Aries, Black, Steen)

5 wrestle for ROH (Strong, Briscoe, Cole, Elgin, Lethal)

2 wrestle for TNA (Edwards, Richards)

1 wrestles Independently (Homicide)
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:04 am

I bought the ROH PPV tonight, it was an okay show, but I was disappointed because I had high expectations going in

The set and everything looked phenomenal, best ROH has ever looked IMO, only problem was the hard cam wasn't high enough so when fans were standing or holding signs they were blocking the hard cam, you put all that money into a fancy set make sure I can see everything ROH

I just don't get ROH's mentality sometimes, like this Jay Lethal thing, I don't get it at all, he's a good wrestler and a good talker, but there literally isn't one match I'm clamoring to see him in, and yet they roll right along with him as champ, and with no challenger in sight, the only 2 ROH guys who won singles matches tonight were BJ and Shelley, and Shelley's going into a tag program, so there is literally no challenger for Jay Lethal at the moment

The other two negatives were the tag title match which nobody gave a shit about and the BJ/Adam Page match which was really dull, had a bad finish and a nonsensical post match angle, on a show where they ran heavy this match really needed to be left off the show and done on TV instead, just bad

Castle looked great against Goto, the Guns are back together and the Elite are the greatest thing in wrestling, and Kenny Omega may have killed Matt Sydal on a crazy bump

So some good some bad, a lot in the middle
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:38 am

I still can't believe they went with two three ways for the two titles.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:58 pm

JustSkiff wrote:I still can't believe they went with two three ways for the two titles.

Did you not get the memo? This PPV was called ROH Triple Threat

Also very interested in the MCMG getting back together.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:01 pm

I was hoping we'd get a singles match out of them first, but I think they should have fine matches with The Addiction.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:58 pm

mostly taken from the Meltz
    Colt Cabana returned Wrestlemania weekend and will be staying.

Chris Hero will be returning full time too.

Jay White will be in later in the year on a excursion.

Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:28 pm

Chris Hero is really good, like really fucking good, but I never get excited about him being announced for something or signing somewhere. It's just kinda of like "oh Chris Hero is on a big indy show, of course he is. this makes sense". That said i hope he isn't done in Evolve since I watch way more of that than ROH at this point.

Also Jay White is pretty good, guys.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:12 pm

Ok what I had read earlier was wrong, Meltzer just said on twitter, nothing definite but it's been talked about regarding Hero.

I think ROH/Sinclair probably trying to add some depth to the roster with Sinclair probably adding them to new sports channel when they rebrand the Tennis Channel.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:29 pm

Hero is fucking great, so this would be pretty big for ROH. Hopefully they give him the kind of contract that allows him to work for Gabe but who knows.
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:23 pm

Spudz wrote:Ok what I had read earlier was wrong, Meltzer just said on twitter, nothing definite but it's been talked about regarding Hero.

I think ROH/Sinclair probably trying to add some depth to the roster with Sinclair probably adding them to new sports channel when they rebrand the Tennis Channel.

ROH on the Tennis Channel, i get the tennis channel, so i'm ok with that
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:34 pm

Biggest plus of Hero would be some fresh NJPW matchups

Sounds like the visa issues for Kenny and Shibata didn't get done in time for Global Wars and WOTW, but maybe there's still hope, because I'm going to Chicago and Dearborn
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:25 pm

TeeBeeKay wrote:Biggest plus of Hero would be some fresh NJPW matchups

Sounds like the visa issues for Kenny and Shibata didn't get done in time for Global Wars and WOTW, but maybe there's still hope, because I'm going to Chicago and Dearborn

Just saw ROH tweeted that Omega will be in Toronto but not in the other cities.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:56 pm

Kamaitachi makes his ROH debut against ACH this weekend

Heard he was moving to the Northeast to pursue work in America so hopefully he becomes a regular
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Tue May 03, 2016 3:19 am

5/9 Dearborn show looks really fun

Guns/Briscoes
    reDRagon v Naito/Lethal
    Kushida v Castle!!!!
    Roddy v Liger

my biggest concern is there are 8 matches announced and the Bucks and GoD's are not booked yet so I fear they're going to do a schmozz finish on one of the tags and turn it into an 8 man, and will be super pissed if it's during the Guns/Briscoes
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Fri May 06, 2016 9:57 am

Putting it into my own words, a bunch of rumors online goings around of some unhappiness in the ROH locker room, some due to creative frustrations.

Matt Sydal is close to signing a deal with New Japan. Moose's deal is up in the next month or 2 and has several offers that going be on his table, his manager Stokely Hathway is said to be finishing up after these upcoming shows. Roderick Strong only has a few months left on his deal. Adam Cole is said to be gone when his contract is up, which is at least several months away.  A number of other talents may not re-sign in the next year.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Fri May 06, 2016 2:20 pm

They're all looking to work for another Hunter M I RITE?!?!
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri May 06, 2016 6:04 pm

Can't wait for tna vs roh in nxt dawg
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sun May 08, 2016 7:58 pm

Kamaitachi and Juice Robinson, that sure is a team
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon May 09, 2016 2:23 am

Show was super fun, it seems like people on the net are pissed at the finish, I have no problem with it, at least it was something, the other option was Lethal just winning and moving into a program with Dijak

Felt super bad for Fish, I really liked the match with him and Ishii but the crowd did not give a fuck
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Tue May 10, 2016 2:11 am

Top notch show tonight, probably a bit better than Global Wars IMO, Ishii/Moose and Kushida/Castle were both better than anything on GW IMO and the main event was absolute insanity like you would expect from the BC

Adam Page joined Bullet Club and the addiction won the tag titles so that was odd, booking was weird but the show was just so much fucking fun live
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Tue May 10, 2016 11:20 am

Meltz said Adam Cole in Bullet Club was asked for by New Japan and He'll be starting in Japan around August.

I think Addiction won the titles so the Machine Guns can win the titles off them after a few more months of feuding.

Page joining Bullet Club was smart decision.. He wasn't going to move up the ranks as a young face at the moment with guys like Castle, ACH and Lio there, As a Bullet Club member, he can be contending for the TV title, can be the pin eater in tag matches and if Cole does leave when his contract up, Cole can always put over Page on the way out.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Wed May 11, 2016 3:41 am

I do agree on Page that he was kind of flopping as a face so this will get him on shows and in big storylines so it's a good spot for him

the internet hot take seems to be that the Bullet Club angle is lame and the group is played out, but both nights in front of sold out houses they were the most over act on the shows, and ended both nights with the Bucks and Cole at the gimmick table selling shit loads of merch, so for the moment the BC is still hot with live crowds, but the bigger problem will be ROH just doesn't have anyone to put against them, every babyface will be less over and the BC will get cheered in every match they have unless something changes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content