WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+21
GolfClubNinja
p0etryinm0tion
kingofswing
The PhenomenalBullyOne
Vipes
dragondragon
Grant
WhoBetta
TeeBeeKay
Joe5150
Canucker
Slayer
RFSKannon
Xero
2kNikk
JustSkiff
Spudz
Swarles
CapitalTTruth
WWF Attitude
SBR
25 posters

ROH Thread

SBR
    SBR

ROH Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: ROH Thread

Post by SBR Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:54 pm

Field of Honor is a must attend....unlessssssss they do an NXT house show. Then I must be there for Enzo and Big Cass' homecoming.

I know this post must sound strange. BUT IT'S HOW I FEEL.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:40 am

ROH Thread - Page 20 082215_FieldOFHonor_POSTER_Web

interesting to see Alex Shelley on there, considering he was not on the first poster
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:17 pm

The two Philly main events are up on NJPWWorld

Also announced for Field of Honor, Time Splitters v Briscoes
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:10 pm

Glad Shelley isn't retiring. Really wish WWE would announce if there will be NXT show that day so I can plan out my day accordingly.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:40 pm

dave tels the best story ever wrote:I thought the A.J. Styles & Young Bucks vs. Rocky Romero & Trent Barreta & Kazuchika Okada match on the 6/24 TV show was pretty close to match of the year level, at ****3/4. As far as pure wrestling went, it was one of the best one hour shows in the U.S. in recent memory, since the Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Roderick Strong match on the same show was also excellent. The main event was edited, as there were a ton of "Suck it" references during the match, both from the Bullet Club and from fans, and all were removed. A funny story is that backstage at TNA, during the tapings, somebody turned on Destination America early and this match was playing and a lot of the talent were going crazy for it, which caused John Gaburick to get mad and yell, "Get that shit off."
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:14 pm

Adam Cole v Nakamura announced for Philly
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:46 pm

So I found my Dad asleep watching Comet the other night, and I couldn't stop laughing.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:30 pm

haha
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:56 pm

So is Comet only an over-the-air channel you get on a digital antenna? I can't find it on DirecTV and I really don't want to get a digital antenna, especially if I can't DVR shows on it.

I had the same problem when Premier Boxing Champions starting airing fights on Bounce TV, so I ultimately just skipped those shows (even though PBC stared uploading those fights to YouTube).
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:43 pm

Yea it seems to be digital channel, something you'd pick up on channel 7.3 or whatever. According to their Wiki it covers 78 markets so...I guess that better than before? But like you said it's a digital over the air channel, and they're double dipping in a lot of markets by having both comet and the regular sinclair affiliates so...it doesn't seem like it's realistically adding much reach for them.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:14 pm

The channel is available in the LA area, but if I can't DVR the shows, I most likely won't be able to watch them as I can't imagine that I'll be able to watch it in its regular timeslot.

That's why ROH being on Destination America has been so convenient. I could just watch the show whenever via DVR.

This move makes sense from Sinclair Broadcasting's perspective because they own about half of this Comet channel. But it's a very inconvenient outlet for people to watch it on.
    danhere

Post by danhere Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:55 pm

they aren't leaving the sinclair stations they are originally on, they are just extedning it to outlets that doesn't carry sinclair stations by making comet
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:40 pm

For the record my dad found this station on Fios in the 400s it was SD only and seemed to just be an ABC alternate station.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:44 pm

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ring-honor-enters-agreement-pro-wrestling-guerrilla

RING OF HONOR ENTERS AGREEMENT WITH PRO WRESTLING GUERRILLA
    New Partnership with PWG rewards California fans with ROH/PWG Action

(BALTIMORE, MD) – Ring of Honor Wrestling announced today that they’ve entered into a strategic agreement with Pro Wrestling Guerrilla that enables exclusively contracted stars to compete on a select number of PWG shows per year in California.

ROH and NJPW have been developing a significant global relationship for the past two years and now ROH will work with PWG on the west coast of the United States. “PWG is a fantastic company in California that both our fans and stars have always been passionate about,” said Joe Koff. As we continue to grow the ROH brand and enter into exclusive agreements with our talent, we want all fans to continue enjoying the performance of the ROH stars in PWG. This alliance is great for both of our companies, the talent, and most importantly – The FANS.”
    With this agreement, wrestling fans can look forward to seeing stars such as Adam Cole, Kyle O’Reilly, The Young Bucks, etc. compete at PWG shows, demonstrating to the West Coast why Ring of Honor is the best wrestling on the planet.
    More information will be made available on http://rohwrestling.com and on Ring of Honor’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:29 am

Anybody ordering Final Battle on Friday?

I'm on the fence, mainly because I'm skeptical if AJ will actually be healthy enough to not only work the show, but put on a great performance in the main event due to his pretty serious back injury.

The undercard has some pretty good matches, but like most other ROH PPVs this year, there's a ton of random multi-man filler matches.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:04 am

I'm thinking about ordering Final Battle.

I would especially like to see Cole vs. O'Reilly (a match we've seen before but with some pretty good build up to it), the #1 contender Tag Team 3 Way (Briscoes/Bucks/ANX), and the 6-man tag with Shelley/Sydal/ACH vs. Daniels/Kaz/Sabin.

The rest of the card also seems pretty solid and if there is some way that AJ Styles can finally be ROH World Champion that would be a bonus too.

For those wondering here is the full card

ROHwrestling.com wrote:**MAIN EVENT**
    ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
    Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini vs. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
    War Machine vs. The Kingdom w/ Maria Kanellis

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
    Bobby Fish vs Roderick Strong

GRUDGE MATCH
    Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly

SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
    Alex Shelley, ACH & #Reborn Matt Sydal vs The Addiction & Chris Sabin

Dalton Castle vs Silas Young w/ The Boys

“Unbreakable” Michael Elgin vs Moose w/ Stokely Hathaway

#1 CONTENDERS TRIPLE THREAT TAG TEAM MATCH
    The Young Bucks vs All Night Express vs The Briscoes

YouTube Exclusive
    Cheeseburger vs Brutal Bob
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:00 pm

If it wasn't on a Friday night, I'd be inclined to get it, but Friday nights are the worst.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:05 am

I enjoyed the whole show overall. The only match that felt rushed was the Tag Titles match. Everything else had plenty of time to tell their story.

Jay Lethal has come a long way, still can't stand his voice though, it's like nails on a chalkboard. But still he had an amazing match with AJ whom I wasn't expecting much from due to his injuries.

The only match ending that surprised me was Moose losing to Elgin. Mostly because I can't believe they would push Elgin into another title shot and not Moose. I guess they're saving that opportunity for another time.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:33 am

Elgin already had earned his title shot for Japan.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:43 pm

I just read that Bennett and Maria are leaving for TNA?!?!
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:24 pm

SBR wrote:I just read that Bennett and Maria are leaving for TNA?!?!
    Would have have thought they would have done the math that the money they get for 30-35 at best dates/matches for TNA + some random indy dates will not = the money they would have gotten for 40 dates for ROH + 20 dates for New Japan.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:50 am

dat pop tv tho
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:13 pm

I don't get why Moose has been losing so often ever since signing what was touted as a lucrative full-time deal with ROH.

I get that his undefeated streak would eventually end, but he's become just another guy on the roster.

As for Maria & Bennett, if reportedly going to TNA means they aren't able to work for New Japan anymore, then it's really puzzling as to why they would go there. Maybe ROH simply can't afford to keep them, but I don't see why they wouldn't be able to keep working for New Japan (I'm aware that New Japan and TNA's relationship didn't end all that well, but this is wrestling).

I mean Ricochet is able to work for New Japan, despite him working as Prince Puma in Lucha Underground, which is basically an off-shoot branch of AAA, and New Japan now requesting to ROH that their talent don't work AAA because of their relationship with CMLL.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:27 am

Slayer wrote:I don't get why Moose has been losing so often ever since signing what was touted as a lucrative full-time deal with ROH.

I get that his undefeated streak would eventually end, but he's become just another guy on the roster.

As for Maria & Bennett, if reportedly going to TNA means they aren't able to work for New Japan anymore, then it's really puzzling as to why they would go there. Maybe ROH simply can't afford to keep them, but I don't see why they wouldn't be able to keep working for New Japan (I'm aware that New Japan and TNA's relationship didn't end all that well, but this is wrestling).

I mean Ricochet is able to work for New Japan, despite him working as Prince Puma in Lucha Underground, which is basically an off-shoot branch of AAA, and New Japan now requesting to ROH that their talent don't work AAA because of their relationship with CMLL.
    My guess is that even though Maria's ass seem to be over there, they must have been told they wouldn't be used very much with the Briscoes getting their team spot in 2016 they had this year for New Japan.

TNA management wise (Dixie & Big) haven't shown much this year that they would better partners for New Japan than last time around so why rock the boat with ROH, who respects them where Dixie probablythink they would be be doing New Japan a favor working with them even now.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:15 pm

Kenny Omega returns to ROH for the 14th Anniversary Show

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content