WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+12
danhere
RefChrist
WWF Attitude
Grant
WhoBetta
Swarles
TeeBeeKay
Xero
Joe5150
dragondragon
SBR
JustSkiff
16 posters

Impact Wrestling & Other TNA Programing on Destination America discussion

Xero
    Xero

Impact Wrestling & Other TNA Programing on Destination America discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Impact Wrestling & Other TNA Programing on Destination America discussion

Post by Xero Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:39 pm

The way the shot this show with the lighting was interesting. It's like they were wrestling like a dark room with a bunch of loud ghosts.

I just assumed only 25 people showed up for the taping.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Impact Wrestling & Other TNA Programing on Destination America discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Impact Wrestling & Other TNA Programing on Destination America discussion

Post by JustSkiff Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:03 pm

I actually knew a few people that went to the show, and a couple of them are going tonight and tomorrow too.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:37 pm

I'm a bit surprised that this show is receiving such negative feedback, although then I remember how much smarks love to shit on TNA.

This show was a solid show, for the most part. It wasn't anything groundbreaking and things did seem unorganized, but given that they no longer have Spike TV's production, it made for a good effort. I liked that the main event got a good amount of time, and Awesome Kong's return was a cool moment. EC3 also shined in his role on the show.

I do wish some of the matches could have gotten more time, specifically Low Ki vs. Aries. The ending angle was a bit flat, given that the reveals of Ki and Joe didn't really matter. I'm not against the Eric Young heel turn, as he did some great work as a heel when he lead World Elite back in 2009. But I do wish that there would have been some hint of build up for this turn.

Also, Josh Matthews needs to be more enthusiastic on commentary. He doesn't need to go full Don West (who actually enhanced the show in hindsight), but also don't call a wrestling show like you would a golf game.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:30 am

Slayer wrote:I'm a bit surprised that this show is receiving such negative feedback, although then I remember how much smarks love to shit on TNA.

This show was a solid show, for the most part. It wasn't anything groundbreaking and things did seem unorganized, but given that they no longer have Spike TV's production, it made for a good effort. I liked that the main event got a good amount of time, and Awesome Kong's return was a cool moment. EC3 also shined in his role on the show.

I do wish some of the matches could have gotten more time, specifically Low Ki vs. Aries. The ending angle was a bit flat, given that the reveals of Ki and Joe didn't really matter. I'm not against the Eric Young heel turn, as he did some great work as a heel when he lead World Elite back in 2009. But I do wish that there would have been some hint of build up for this turn.

Also, Josh Matthews needs to be more enthusiastic on commentary. He doesn't need to go full Don West (who actually enhanced the show in hindsight), but also don't call a wrestling show like you would a golf game.

I thought the show was fine, much better than Raw, but ultimately the same old TNA.

The whole heel group reveal at the end was so Russo though. Three guys turn heel in the span of two minutes for no reason other than to turn people heel. I do think Roode and Young could have some good matches though. I also think Lashley is going to turn face, had some subtle wtf is going on faces at the end of the show.

As for Josh I just think he's not familiar with the product yet and when he gets more time under his belt he will actually be a real bright spot for the company. Dude is good.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:22 pm

i guess this show is replaying tonight, right? I think i'll dvr it and try to watch it this week end.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:29 am

Finally got around to watching it. I thought the show was quite good. The first 5 minutes was insufferable because it was just impossible to tell what was going on and why. Other than that the show was better than the average RAW.

The matches were fairly good. MVP and Kurt had a fun little match considering they were in hideous jeans. Low Ki and Aries did their thing, which is always fun. The main event was solid and the ending was at least partially set up by spots throughout the show. There were even some cool spots in the women's battle royal and Kong's return makes me really happy. The tag title match was actually better than I thought but I don't really like the Revolution group much. I also don't like the wolf claw marks on the American Wolves. these things were mere distractions though.

I am kind of coming into the New Year seeing this as TNA's start over. I am going to give them a slight pass on the heel turns at the end, assuming it was bait to get people watching next time, where they will explain. There is just so much talent on this roster, I am ready to give them another shot and now seems as good a time as any. I am not holding my breath by any means, but I am going to be open.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:54 pm

TNA swerved me and didn't put it on last night. Ah well.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:59 pm

That is some next level heel work.
    danhere

Post by danhere Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:33 pm

the question now, that kurt stepped down as the figurehead person in charge whos taking his place?
    dixie.mvp, or are they going to do the wwe mysterious gm who send e-mails?
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:32 am

Swarles wrote:TNA swerved me and didn't put it on last night. Ah well.
    It's listed as replaying on Friday immediately before the new episode, if you're still interested in checking it out.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:09 pm

4 hour impact party at swarley's Friday, who's in??!
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:15 pm

Swarles wrote:4 hour impact party at swarley's Friday, who's in??!

I hear it is warmer there.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Impact Wrestling & Other TNA Programing on Destination America discussion - Page 3 Empty Impact Wrestling & Other TNA Programing on Destination America discussion

Post by Joe5150 Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:46 pm

Let's discuss TNA shows in this thread, with exceptions for PPV's or Special event.

Here's what's set to air on Destination America this weekend, including an all-day marathon before the premier of Friday Night Impact Wrestling:

TNA programming scheduled for Friday & Saturday on Destination America:

Friday

9 AM - TNA's Greatest Matches - Best of Rob Van Dam:

• Slammiversary 2010: Rob Van Dam vs. Sting
      No Surrender 2010: Rob Van Dam vs. Abyss vs. Mr. Anderson.
      Hardcore Justice 2010: Sabu vs. Rob Van Dam.

10 AM - TNA's Greatest Matches - Best of Mr. Anderson:

• Victory Road 2011: Rob Van Dam vs. Mr. Anderson.
      Genesis 2011: Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Hardy.
      Genesis 2011: Matt Morgan vs. Mr. Anderson.

11 AM - Countdown to Best All-Time TNA Moment Part One.

12 PM - Countdown to Best All-Time TNA Moment Part Two.

3 PM - Best of 2014 Part One.

5 PM - Best of 2014 Part Two.

7 PM - Impact Wrestling 1/7/15 replay.

9 PM - Impact Wrestling Premiere Broadcast:

The Wolves vs. The Hardy Boys
    • Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle
      Eric Young vs. Bobby Roode
      The Beautiful People vs. Taryn Terrell & Brooke Tessmacher
      X-Division Title Match: Austin Aries © vs. Low Ki

11 PM - Impact Wrestling Replay

Saturday:

1 AM - 1/7 LIVE debut Impact Wrestling Replay

3 AM - 1/17 Impact Wrestling replay

10 AM – Impact Wrestling Unlocked hosted by Mike Tenay

12 PM - TNA's Greatest Matches - Best of Jeff Hardy

• 2010 Sacrifice vs. Mr. Anderson
      2010 Final Resolution vs. Matt Morgan
      2010 Bound For Glory vs. Mr. Anderson vs. Kurt Angle
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:46 pm

So, Unlocked was kinda pointless, as it's basically a re-run of Impact with a pop-up ticker at the bottom of the screen that occasionally posts wrestling trivia related to the match or segment airing at the time. They also aired the full interview with Magnus that was teased during Impact.

Personally, I've actually enjoyed the Friday night premiere of the show. I didn't like the cutaways to Taz & Josh "Go Away you 60 year olds" Matthews in the "TNA WORLD HEADQUARTERS," but most of the matches and segments made for some solid programming. Most of the matches on this show also got a good amount of time, especially in comparison to the live special last week.
    danhere

Post by danhere Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:31 pm

they need to bring xplosion to the states but on different discovery network channel prob discovery family channel on saturdays.
    so the question is:how soon will it be when we see adam savage and jamie hymien do a mythbusters proving wrestling isn't fixed Smile
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:51 pm

So I was catching up on some episodes of TNA's Greatest Matches, and not only is the show's title false advertising by merely having a Mr. Anderson episode, but they also included his Botch-A-Mania classic with RVD.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:02 pm

Anyone watch Lockdown? It's on my DVR. Should I watch it or nah?
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:08 pm

SBR wrote:Anyone watch Lockdown? It's on my DVR. Should I watch it or nah?

I fast forward through most of it. Hardy's fall didn't look that epic from the shot TNA used. Kong/Havoc was decent enough to watch. I didn't really care about anything else on the show.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:20 pm

Slayer wrote:So I was catching up on some episodes of TNA's Greatest Matches, and not only is the show's title false advertising by merely having a Mr. Anderson episode, but they also included his Botch-A-Mania classic with RVD.

I own the TNA 50 Greatest Moments DVD. One of them is literally when the arena caught on fire.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:09 am

SBR wrote:Anyone watch Lockdown? It's on my DVR. Should I watch it or nah?
    I thought it was fine. Nothing amazing, but a solid overall show that I felt didn't really drag for most of it.

Kong-HAVOK wasn't that good, as their styles just didn't mesh well, but the rest of the matches were entertaining for what they were. And yeah, the Hardy fall wasn't as brutal looking based on the camera angle they used.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Impact Wrestling & Other TNA Programing on Destination America discussion - Page 3 Empty EC3 vs Rockstar Spud was a GREAT match *Spoilers*

Post by Joe5150 Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:33 pm

Haven't been really watching TNA except for some clips on YouTibe lately,, but I hear even Figure 4 praising this match

Fantastic stuff. I just watched the whole match, this match really shows why I'v been a huge fan of Spud & EC3 for a long time. These guys can tell a fdamn story. Spud is so underrated as a wrestler and a character, he pulls everthing off too perfection and knows exactly what he's doing. He using is lack of size to make his character better, whether he's a face or heel. EC3 should have been a top guy in WWE, but they missed the boat and he;s being awesome in this character in TNA.

I loved the story they tol,d, the use of blood, the arm cast, even the interference made sense. Good angle, great match. Old school booking.

I think I might actually sstart watching TNA again, they seem to have their stuff together and putting on better stuff than RAW.

To quote F4W's review:

"The main event couldn't have gone much better. It got EC3 over as a heel and it had as much heat as any match from a major company since perhaps Wrestlemania from last year. I know Impact is flying under the radar now and I know that Wrestlemania will have ten times the attendance that this show did, but I don't know if any match on the card will have as much heat as Spud-EC3 did tonight. Maybe that statement will prove to be foolish, but Spud was tremendous here and EC3 is a great heel."
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:48 pm

Spud has exceeded all expectations over the past year that he's been in TNA. This program that he and EC3 have had has been one of the strongest in televised American pro wrestling all year.

Having this match in a prominent spot on these UK tapings was a perfect setting for it because they treated this as a true main event caliber match. EC3 has to win the title at some point this year because he is easily TNA's top heel.

Impact in general has been a much stronger show as of late than people give TNA credit for. I know it's cool to crap on TNA, but ever since the Manhattan Center shows last summer, Impact has mostly been one of the better overall weekly wrestling shows on TV. Yes, they have some cringe-worthy moments, ala the Robbie E-Brooke feud, but the good stuff outweighs the bad most of the time.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:09 pm

With TNA I usually always pay a little bit of attention but I just can't care anymore with ROH/Lucha Underground/NJPW being on TV now and all having higher production quality and wrestling.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Impact Wrestling & Other TNA Programing on Destination America discussion - Page 3 Empty Lashely/Angle first time ever from Impact *Spoilers*

Post by Joe5150 Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Listening to today's paid version of the Wrestling Observor Live w/ Meltzer & Bryan, Dave put this match over hard. I haven't watched Impact yet, but I guess this match is a must see and one of, if not the best Bobby Lashley match ever, according Meltzer.

I haven't been watching much TNA, besides some matches and stuff on YT, but they've been getting a lot of praise from people who normally bash the company, like the F4O/WO people.

Just finished the match, damn good stuff. Lashley looked jacked and Angle was top-level in the match. The London crowd was super into the match and into both guys. That, the big arena, and the way TNA presented the match with the backstage walk to the curtain(the UFC style intros), plus JB's intro, it had that 'Big Fight Feel' to it. Josh Mathews & Taz actually did a really great job on commentary as an extra bonus, Taz sounded motivated and Josh was giving all this cool info, plus actually calling the match like a pro wrestling Title should be called.

I need to get into watching the full shows again regularly, because people are nothing but good things for the most part about TNA's product and how's it's improved leaps and bounds, especially since the network move. The IWC and the wrestling sites that soured on TNA in past(rightfully so), have seemingly turned around on TNA.

After pretty much giving up on TNA, they've got my attention again. TNA doing makes sense booking and good(plus proper length) matches. I like it. TNA just doing a consistently good 'wrestling' show each week and getting away from their old 'lolTNA'/Russo-style booking, holy shit, what concept?! Cool
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:43 pm

This whole show was actually pretty good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:28 pm