WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+10
BornToFail
MegaSuperUltraThingy
TeeBeeKay
Joe5150
Slayer
2kNikk
Xero
Vipes
Swarles
RFSKannon
14 posters

Hulk Hogan Fired By WWE.

Slayer
    Slayer

Hulk Hogan Fired By WWE. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hulk Hogan Fired By WWE.

Post by Slayer Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:10 pm

2kNikk wrote:Yes, there has. Saying those things.

I've been drunk. I've never said anything close to that.Just assuming here but I'd say you haven't either. But by all means continue to defend the asshole racist. And it's not like Hogan was thought of as a 'good' guy before this. He was at best one of the most manipulative assholes wrestling's ever seen with an ego so big he had to be a part of everything. Also he was likely a drug addict so that's also cool.

Look at what you are defending without red and yellow tinted glasses on. A tape revealed a wrestling hero to be exactly what he is, a scumbag. Also, a racist scumbag so now he can not be a part of wrestling anymore.

Good for wrestling. Get the fuck out Hulk.

You have to consider the culture though. It's been talked about how many of Hogan's friends in the music and entertainment industry would openly refer to him as "my n***a," so it would seem that he probably doesn't think much when he uses a word like that.

Also, people from older generations like Hogan are far more open with using language like that. Having grown up in a Mexican culture, I notice a lot of older people who use that type of language rather liberally, but their actions and behavior with people of other races are the complete opposite.

I don't condone such language, but actually acting upon one's words if far worse than merely saying them. If everybody was held to their words in a literal sense at all times, then countless people would be charged with crimes anytime they say something like, "I'm going to kill someone."

If somebody like Kamala, who has openly discussed many of the issues he had with racism in wrestling (including incidents with the beloved Andre the Giant), is coming to Hogan's defense on this matter, then I'm going to take his word for it. I'm also going to take George Foreman's word for it as well, rather than base my opinion on a transcript of a portion of a tape (that the general public hasn't actually heard) by the National Enquirer, which was provided by Gawker (who is currently being sued by Hogan for releasing his sextape).

Also, Hogan's backstage politics weren't limited to minorities though, Hogan held back EVERYONE.

Then again, WCW didn't push minorities in the main event scene unless they had to due to accusations of racism (Ron Simmons in 1992 and Booker T in 2000 after Sonny Ono led the charge in the discrimination lawsuit).
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:30 pm

I think we are all assuming he used a hard r and not a soft a...no?
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:17 pm

SBR wrote:I think we are all assuming he used a hard r and not a soft a...no?

Again, nobody has actually HEARD the tapes, but is instead going off of what the National Enquirer (who are not exactly known for being a reputable media outlet) has posted in their transcripts.
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:03 pm

He hasn't disputed the tapes. Stop being a mark.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:45 pm

Cute. This isn't about "being a mark."

I'm just looking at it from a different perspective, as opposed to flat-out saying "he's racist." I'm not disputing what he said either.

However, all of his peers and friends that have spoken out about this matter don't believe that those words in the transcript are consistent with his actions, so I'm going to believe them until proven otherwise.
    GenericMartini
    GenericMartini

Post by GenericMartini Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:47 am

Xero wrote:The two situations really aren't comparable.  One guy punched his wife in the face, knocking her out inside of an elevator.  That's far more egregious than someone making racist comments in what they assumed was a private conversation.  Physical assault is a crime.  Being a racist is not. At worst, being racist makes you kind of a dick.  There are plenty of dicks that populate every industry.  The only difference is those of us in the United States are so afraid of anyone calling us racist that we place racism in the same conversation as domestic violence, rape and murder, despite the fact that racism is nothing more than a form of prejudice.  We all have prejudice against something (accent, nationality, gender, region, etc) as it is a part of human nature.  It will never be fully eradicated.

I'm not saying they're comparable but racism is definitly something we shouldn't tolerate much like domestic abuse and murder. They're not on the same wavelength but they shouldn't be tolerated. Like being racist shouldn't be seen as a good thing so that's why we place it with the other scum of the earth because it is truly a scummy thing to be racist. And just because we all have prejudices does't make it okay. To even hate something we must have some belief in something that causes it. Humans are not born on this earth with hatred, we learn it. Condemning racists practices and general hatred is a good way to get rid of racism(or in a lesser case get it to become a generally disliked practice)

There's a difference not promoting him and taking him out of everything.  WWE doesn't have to sell Hulk Hogan merchandise on wwe.com, they don't have to mention him on their television show, nor do they have to produce any network specials highlighting Hogan matches, but it's dumb to take mention of him off the online Hall of Fame and to remove previous Hogan-related WWE Network content.  

I defended this to a point with WWE's treatment of Chris Benoit, but he murdered his wife and child.  Any mention of Benoit or footage conjured up a lot of unpleasant thoughts and memories not to mention the flame wars that erupted online any time Benoit's name was mentioned.

Much like Nikk pointed out, he was always a scummy guy, we now can have a public reason to not want him in the history of wrestling. Yeah he made wrestling big but we shouldn't celebrate such a character. Benoit got taken out because he's a murderer and Hogan got taken out because he's a racist. They're on different levels yes but considering that Wrestling has gone through so many racist things the last thing we need is to associate our wrestling with such a name after suffering through such a crummy past. He'll always be there much like how Benoit hasn't been edited out of the network, but we just won't celebrate him.

The biggest loss I'd give to this is Hogan's Wrestling Power Hour or whatever, but that was probably really shitty Hogan pandering stuff that would be boring to watch. Also maybe allowing for the WWE to actually get taken to town about the actual racism that's been in the company for a while.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:28 am

GenericMartini wrote:
    Much like Nikk pointed out, he was always a scummy guy, we now can have a public reason to not want him in the history of wrestling.

On that note, Enjoy WWE celebrating an entire group of scummy guys as they present "Kliq Week" on the WWE Network, Too Sweet!
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:06 am

Just to chime in. With this news, I am going to continue to live my life unaffected by this.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:15 pm

WWF Attitude wrote:
    GenericMartini wrote:
    Much like Nikk pointed out, he was always a scummy guy, we now can have a public reason to not want him in the history of wrestling.

On that note, Enjoy WWE celebrating an entire group of scummy guys as they present "Kliq Week" on the WWE Network, Too Sweet!
    Ahem, Too SweetTM!
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:29 pm

WWF Attitude wrote:
    GenericMartini wrote:

Triple H is an angel you monster!

N X T!

N X T!

N X T!

N X T!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:25 am