WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+21
GenericMartini
2kNikk
dragondragon
Vipes
Grant
JustSkiff
phoynexz
Spudz
Xero
danhere
Indy
PhenominalXX1
RefChrist
Slayer
WhoBetta
CapitalTTruth
TeeBeeKay
Swarles
WWF Attitude
SBR
StylesClash
25 posters

Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

StylesClash
    StylesClash

Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed? Empty Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

Post by StylesClash Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:49 am

Wrestling Observer Newsletter via Gerweck.Net wrote:WWE has entered into discussions with wrestling icon Sting, who has yet to renew his TNA deal.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that WWE hall of famer Hulk Hogan also reached a verbal deal to return to the company this past week. Hogan won’t be at a match at WrestleMania 30, at least as things stand now (Hogan can’t pass the physical). Hogan will be around for WrestleMania weekend and be part of the show in some capacity.

I'm kind of mixed on the idea of Sting in the WWE...he's held out for so long that I'd hate to see him go for just one big match against Taker (presumably). However, I think he deserves to be in the WWE HOF, and TNA is not doing much for him and they could use his money elsewhere...It'll just be sad to see it happen after so long of saying No, but the idea of finishing in front of tens of thousands has to be appealing versus 2,000-3,000 max for TNA.

As far as Hogan, I'm not surprised. I wouldn't be surprised to see him come out at WM and "Hulk Up" one last time against someone like 3MB, it wouldn't surprise me at all
    SBR
    SBR

Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed? Empty Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

Post by SBR Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:19 pm

They've been trying to get Sting for years, this might be the year he actually signs though. Wonder what they would do with him though. And what he would do with his shirt.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed? Empty Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

Post by WWF Attitude Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:57 pm

I want Sting to sign WWE just so everyone can shut up about whether or not Sting will ever sign with WWE.

Plus the possibility of a Sting DVD that could actually show the majority of his career (at least from its Start up until the end of WCW)
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:44 pm

Sting should stay in TNA where I don't have to watch him.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:06 pm

I feel like Billy Gunn wrestling in a t-shirt the past few weeks is foreshadowing. Just like Cena's red and yellow boxers.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:13 pm

Yeah I was game for a Taker/Sting match a few years back because the other option was Taker/HHH but I would pass on it this year, and that leaves the question, who the fuck would he wrestle and why?

Maybe he can be vince's guy to take on HHH and that midcarder CM Punk can get knocked back down to the pre show battle royal or something
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:06 pm

Yeah... the problem is that he just doesn't have an appealing feud with anyone. He can't go like he used to. If the E was willing to offer him enough money to make one final huge push to get in the best shape possible, MAYBE. I'd mark for even a mediocre Taker vs Sting match. The problem is - as it has always been - that sting doesn't want to just come in and put people over and the only people it makes sense to have him beat are probably not wild about jobbing to a shirt wearing, long past his prime, sting. It is just so hard to book him.

All they need to do is come up with one good storyline that Sting will agree to, give him 6 months on WWE programing, make a sting DVD, a few figures, a clever t-shirt, and put him in the hall of fame next year and it will be way worth the investment.
    WhoBetta
    WhoBetta

Post by WhoBetta Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:26 pm

The boat has sailed for me on Sting in WWE. As mentioned, who would he work with? No one wants to see Sting/Taker anymore. Too little too late for me.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:17 pm

I want it to happen at some point just for the DVD. Honestly, if he just signed to enter the Hall of Fame and get a DVD I would be fine.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:31 am

TNA spoilz but they wrote him off next week. This could be getting real.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:51 am

Well, if RVD's return is any indication, WWE could certainly pull a miracle in making Sting feel like a major star again even after TNA killed most of his starpower.

Sting would obviously have to be motivated in getting into great shape for a big run though, much like RVD was after coasting in TNA for years.

As for who Sting would actually wrestle though is a mystery to me. Him vs. Undertaker at WrestleMania is obviously out of the question, and since Taker doesn't work much aside from WM these days, I doubt it might happen ever.

A Hall Of Fame induction and DVD & merchandise deal is certainly good enough, but it does seem like WWE would want to use Sting in the ring, if only for a brief run or select appearances. I say throw him out for a surprise appearance, ala Heath Slater vs. the WWE Legends, and gauge things from there.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:52 am

I read a while back that Sting only really wants to work with BIG names, excluding even the likes of CM Punk. Punk seems to me the most logical choice for a short run. Punk is over enough to where he doesn't need to win everything, good enough to make sure everything goes ok in the ring, and creative enough to keep just about any feud interesting. He could go one on one with sting 2-3 times just to give him a small run and at least one really solid match. If Sting is in great shape at the end of it maybe they could take a swing with HHH vs Sting.

Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:41 am

Sting vs. Big Show
    RefChrist
    RefChrist

Post by RefChrist Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:41 pm

Still very conflicted here...

There are a few people in the E i want to see Sting face (Taker, Punk, Danielson) Tho I still hold to my hopes that he never appears on their programming.

If he enters the WWE Hall of Shame, I will be sick. He deserves to be in considering everyone else that is, but For someone to enter that joke of a hall of fame that has never appeared on a show seems ludicris. I hate the Warrior accepted. Savage would have refused if he were Around. Owen's Family will not let it happen. WE NEED MORE HOLD OUTS.
    PhenominalXX1
    PhenominalXX1

Post by PhenominalXX1 Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:14 pm

a short term deal for Sting with WWE is what I would love, the pop he'll get in WWE will be amazing for a short time, a match with Undertaker, a DVD, go into the hall of fame, ride off into the sunset, the end.
    WhoBetta
    WhoBetta

Post by WhoBetta Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Yo ref, Drew Carey is in the "Hall of Fame". That should tell you all you need to know about its legitimacy.

The more I think about it, the more I want Sting to be the one guy who never came to WWE. For some reason, that seems 'ccoler' to me than coming in way past the twilight of his career.
    RefChrist
    RefChrist

Post by RefChrist Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:22 pm

WhoBetta wrote:Yo ref, Drew Carey is in the "Hall of Fame". That should tell you all you need to  know about its legitimacy.

The more I think about it, the more I want Sting to be the one guy who never came to WWE. For some reason, that seems 'ccoler' to me than coming in way past the twilight of his career.

Yeah, Totally.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:53 pm

I'm at a "Why not?" stage.

Sting in WWE could definitely work for a short run and help Sting pad his bank account for the ride off into the sunset. I'd be cool with it.

He was my favorite wrestler growing up.
    danhere

Post by danhere Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:11 pm

sting didn't like the way vince was treating former wcw workers was the main reason why he was the only person who did jump ship.
    if sting did one run in wwe I would like to see the classic sting blond hair and painted face, he should also be the one to induct warrior into hall of fame since those two have teamed before they went thier own ways
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:22 pm

I'd rather see Undertaker vs Sting. That way I don't have to see young guys job to a nearly 50 year old man who only wrestles once a year.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:21 pm

RefChrist wrote:Savage would have refused if he were Around.

He was already working with WWE again before his unexpected death, promoting WWE action figures and video games. I really think it's a stretch to say he would have REFUSED to be in the WWE HOF.

Unless you 100% believe the story of him not wanting to be in unless his whole family got inducted like the Von Erichs.
    RefChrist
    RefChrist

Post by RefChrist Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:17 pm

Indy he is / was my all time favorite too, This is why I do not want to see him under a wwe contract... Ever...

He is like one of those sports stars who never jumped to one of the money teams in sports and still had one of the best careers ever without the taint of a paystub with Mcmahons name on it. That means allot to his biggest fans.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:33 pm

yeah he never worked for a sleazy business man like Vince McMahon

Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed? 10193%20-%20Buff_Bagwell%20Vincent%20autoplay_gif%20eric_bischoff%20gif%20konnan%20monday_nitro%20nwo%20pointing%20smiling%20sunglasses%20virgil%20wcw
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:58 pm

Holding out on going to the WWE doesn't mean anything anymore. I used to feel the same way, in that it would seem cooler if he never worked for them, but after the way TNA have used him in recent years, I would feel that WWE would allow him the opportunity to finish his career with some dignity.

WWE treats the majority of wrestling legends with respect and makes their appearances feel important. Even at this stage of his career, I feel like WWE would showcase Sting as a major star and be very careful in how they use him. That is to say he wouldn't be overexposed and made to seem like just another guy on the roster.

They have all of his most memorable wrestling footage, and many of his former co-workers are still work with the WWE. Whipping up a tremendous highlight reel with the likes of Ric Flair hyping his career would do a lot more to repair his image with wrestling fans than any match in TNA could at the moment.
    WhoBetta
    WhoBetta

Post by WhoBetta Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:10 pm

I agree with everything you said Slayer. Its just that at this point in his career, there's nothing I can see WWE doing with him that would intrigue me.

And regarding Sting vs. Taker... It would be 25 minutes of brawling, a Scorpion Death Lock, and that choke out finish Taker uses. Who's really going to take a bump here? Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:05 am