WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+10
BornToFail
MegaSuperUltraThingy
TeeBeeKay
Joe5150
Slayer
2kNikk
Xero
Vipes
Swarles
RFSKannon
14 posters

Hulk Hogan Fired By WWE.

RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Hulk Hogan Fired By WWE. Empty Hulk Hogan Fired By WWE.

Post by RFSKannon Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:16 am

All mention, Hall of Fame, Merchandise, etc.. Has been removed from WWE.com of Hogan's existence.

UPDATED AT 10:29 AM: WWE FIRED HOGAN IMMEDIATELY, COMMENTS ON HOGAN'S RELEASE, THE REASON HULK HOGAN IS GONE FROM WWE, AND HE WON’T BE COMING BACK ANY TIME SOON, IF EVER
    By Dave Scherer on 2015-07-24 09:36:34

The National Enquirer has started releasing the reason that led to WWE severing all ties with Hulk Hogan. As it turns out, they are claiming Hogan made numerous racist remarks that were recorded on the sex tape that he did with Heather Clem and is currently suing Gawker.com over. Hogan claims that he did not give authorization for the tape and that Gawker should have not run it as it was personal in nature.

In a joint story that they broke with RadarOnline.com, the Enquirer claims that Hogan made numerous racist remarks on the tape with Clem including:

About his daughter Brooke he is quoted as saying, ”She is making some real bad decisions now. My daughter Brooke jumped sides on me. I spent $2-3 million on her music career, I’ve done everything like a jackass for her. The one option Brooke had, Brooke’s career besides me, is [to] sell beach records."” They claim Hogan was mad because a "black billionaire guy" had offered to fund her music career. They then quoted Hogan as saying, “I don’t know if Brooke was f*****g the black guy’s son. I mean, I don’t have double standards. I mean, I am a racist, to a point, f*****g n*****s. But then when it comes to nice people and s***, and whatever."” They claim he later said, "I mean, I’d rather if she was going to f*** some n*****, I’d rather have her marry an 8-foot-tall n***** worth a hundred million dollars! Like a basketball player! I guess we’re all a little racist. F*****g n*****.”

They reported that the transcripts were sealed when filed in court, obviously to avoid this situation, but they unearthed a tape, which they cited for their report. They promised more “vile” things from the tape to come later. They really don’t need to release any more to implode Hogan’s career because that has already been done.

There is no way WWE can go near him if this information can be proven. The sides claim to have multiple sources to back it up.

UPDATED 10:19 AM:

WWE sent us the following statement this morning:

"WWE terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan). WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide."

UPDATED 10:29 AM:

WWE was made aware of the racist comments above last evening and immediately fired Hulk Hogan. The company took action as soon as the comments were brought to their attention and they didn't hesitate in the least in divorcing themselves from Hogan.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Hulk Hogan Fired By WWE. Empty Re: Hulk Hogan Fired By WWE.

Post by Swarles Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:24 pm

Oh hulkster, now you've done it
    RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:26 pm

Hogan released a statement to People.com admitting to and apologizing for the previously alleged racist rants. He also claims he resigned and was not fired. WWE claims otherwise.

http://www.people.com/article/hulk-hogan-racist-rant-statement
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:27 pm

Coming Soon: Jeff Jarrett brings The Force to Hulk Hogan.

I think we're all forgetting the real victim in all this. Now poor Abyss will have to give back that Hall of Fame ring.
    RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:52 pm

And it keeps going...

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/953...going.html?p=1

HOW DEEP THE HOGAN-WWE SITUATION IS GOING
    By Mike Johnson on 2015-07-24 12:10:14
    WWE informed just about every licensee and partner that they work with that all references to Hulk Hogan, all images of Hogan and all current and planned licensing projects that might involve Hulk Hogan products should be dropped immediately.

I have heard that from action figures to streaming music, anything Hulk Hogan-related under WWE's umbrella has been terminated and/or in the process of being pulled down.

WWE, wisely, wants no connection to Hogan or the coverage his situation is likely about to get within the mainstream media over the next several days.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:51 pm

I hope whatever the situation that no one is offended.
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:51 pm

Poor Curtis Axel
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:41 pm

This is pathetic and disgusting that this all stems from what Hogan thought was a private conversation during a moment of weakness; the sex tape with Bubba The Love Splooge's ex-wife.

Everybody uses questionable language and says things within what they believe to private quarters, that when presented out of context would seem horrific to outside parties. The difference here is that because Hogan is famous, some leeching scumbag who he thought was a friend not only offered up his then-wife for Hogan to have his way with, but recorded the act and their conversations.

To receive the Chris Benoit treatment over this is absurd. But the reality is that WWE is so worried about having a sterilized, politically correct image that they're willing to erase their biggest star of all time from their history over something that happened several years ago in what was supposed to be a private situation.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:54 pm

Hogan deserves all this. It wasn't a moment of weakness, it was him showing his true colors.

I have moments of weakness', but I know a I don't go on racist rants dropping racial slurs, because I do not have racist thoughts running threw my head. I've used 'questionable' slurs in attempt at being funny or being 'cool', but what Hogan said is different, he wasn't joking or something.

"Fucking Niggers'' is clear, Hogan is racist. He might not be a vile person who goes around doing racist stuff to black people, but it's clear he has prejudices' in his head. Who knows how he may have acting in the past behind closed doors, but a 'moment of weakness' is not an excuse. Hogan is toxic, he can't be hired nor promoted by WWE or any other company. His career is done, it's sad, but it's necessary from a PR standpoint for WWE, TNA, & others to wash him from there history.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:07 pm

I mean Bubba is the scum of the earth and I wish he was the one being eradicated from history. That said, Hogan didn't just casually drop an n-bomb or use uncomfortable out dated language like your grandpa, he said "I am a racist". At that point, no matter how it came out, WWE has to cut ties with him. Like you just can't keep that dude around, no matter who he is our what company you are.

Removing any evidence of his existence might be a little much but to act like WWE is fucking him over is insane.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:12 pm

I'm not going to judge a man by some transcripts of a conversation recorded in a very fucked up situation. I choose to judge him by the body of his lifetime behavior.

The likes of Denis Rodman, Tito Ortiz, Virgil, and Marlon Wayans have come to Hogan's defense in light of this news. I'll take their word for whether or not Hogan is truly a racist.

And the removal of Hogan's existence continues as the WWE Network has removed Hogan's Rock N' Wrestling and Beyond The Ring specials on Hogan.

Meanwhile, footage of DX wearing blackface as they impersonate the Nation Of Domination is still available.

Also, Hogan has been removed from WWE 2K16. Great to see the company that featured convicted rapist Mike Tyson as the star of WWE '13 and is featuring Stone Cold Steve Austin (who's had multiple accounts of domestic violence) on the cover of WWE 2K16 take a moral stand.
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:32 pm

I mean Hogans out of the HoF and Trump is still in....
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:58 pm

Nobody who is blasting Trump knows or cares that he's in the HOF

This isn't a moral stand it's a PR move
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:17 pm

TeeBeeKay wrote:This isn't a moral stand it's a PR move
    Yep. This shit s going to be huge news and wwe wants to be as far from it as possible. You can say whatever you want about it, but that's corporate america today. People have been fired for way, way less.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:17 pm

First of all, removing all mention of Hogan from WWE history is freaking retarded.  The NFL has OJ Simpson in the Hall of Fame.  No one seems to care, yet he killed a guy.  I don't think anyone is going to care that there's footage of Hulk Hogan on the WWE Network and pictures of him on wwe.com.  They would just want to shy away from anything seen as promotion

Secondly, more may come to light on this, but that was 8 years ago.  If he made those comments while under contract with WWE, I can understand; however, he should not lose his job over comments he made almost a decade ago unless it comes to light that he did something illegal.

I don't think Hogan's career is finished though. This will blow over, and there's already quite a few coming to Hogan's defense as it is.
    MegaSuperUltraThingy
    MegaSuperUltraThingy

Post by MegaSuperUltraThingy Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:39 am

Slayer wrote:
    And the removal of Hogan's existence continues as the WWE Network has removed Hogan's Rock N' Wrestling

Aw man I was waiting to binge watch those :/
    BornToFail
    BornToFail

Post by BornToFail Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:12 pm

I feel really sorry for Curtis Axel. What gimmick is he gonna get next? Mr. Average Joe Hennig?
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:47 pm

WWE needed to fire him. Idk if "Benoiting" him was what they needed to do but once this all blows over I'm sure his stuff will be back on the Network and whatever in due time.
    GenericMartini
    GenericMartini

Post by GenericMartini Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:57 am

I mean the WWE can keep him around and suffer the consequences and be seen as a racist shitshow that supports a racist asshole or they can cut ties from him and pretend like this was all just a huge surprise.

I like to bring up the Ray Rice/NFL debacle. The NFL knew about it and waited on it instead of just cutting ties with him and as such Roger Godell came under fire and as such the situation got worse. I mean regardless of the motives even if nothing came of it you can afford to piss of one guy to save your ass, especially if that did something really heinous.

Words mean alot and when I told a guy at work what Hogan did and why we aren't going to be carrying any Hogan stuff anymore, the guy's face visibly changed I could tell his image of Hogan had now changed and that's some heavy stuff. You don't want to support a guy like that and keeping him on when you might know something about it makes you look worse. So they'll scrub him away because that's that best thing to do rather than try to keep marketing him. I mean they're doing it for corporate reasons and not like "Man that Hogan sure is racist shitbag, let's just never bring him up again" but it still works because you shouldn't celebrate a guy who would say such trash and as such you should just take him out of everything. I think that the WWE handles this shit better than the NFL tbh.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:05 am

I mean the WWE can keep him around and suffer the consequences and be seen as a racist shitshow that supports a racist asshole or they can cut ties from him and pretend like this was all just a huge surprise.

It's a tough situation because while I don't think he should have been fired for comments made almost a decade ago, I understand why WWE is doing it.  Still, instead of these knee-jerk reactions, I would like to see companies gauge public response and punish appropriately.  Firing him and removing all mention of him from wwe.com and WWE Network before the comments were even released to the public goes over the line.

What's amazing to me is the public response to this issue.  Where is the outrage?  Social media has been awfully supportive (when it's usually quick to tear down a person) and a number of wrestlers and celebrities have come out in support of Hogan.

I like to bring up the Ray Rice/NFL debacle. The NFL knew about it and waited on it instead of just cutting ties with him and as such Roger Godell came under fire and as such the situation got worse. I mean regardless of the motives even if nothing came of it you can afford to piss of one guy to save your ass, especially if that did something really heinous.

The two situations really aren't comparable.  One guy punched his wife in the face, knocking her out inside of an elevator.  That's far more egregious than someone making racist comments in what they assumed was a private conversation.  Physical assault is a crime.  Being a racist is not. At worst, being racist makes you kind of a dick.  There are plenty of dicks that populate every industry.  The only difference is those of us in the United States are so afraid of anyone calling us racist that we place racism in the same conversation as domestic violence, rape and murder, despite the fact that racism is nothing more than a form of prejudice.  We all have prejudice against something (accent, nationality, gender, region, etc) as it is a part of human nature.  It will never be fully eradicated.

I mean they're doing it for corporate reasons and not like "Man that Hogan sure is racist shitbag, let's just never bring him up again" but it still works because you shouldn't celebrate a guy who would say such trash and as such you should just take him out of everything. I think that the WWE handles this shit better than the NFL tbh.

There's a difference not promoting him and taking him out of everything.  WWE doesn't have to sell Hulk Hogan merchandise on wwe.com, they don't have to mention him on their television show, nor do they have to produce any network specials highlighting Hogan matches, but it's dumb to take mention of him off the online Hall of Fame and to remove previous Hogan-related WWE Network content.  

I defended this to a point with WWE's treatment of Chris Benoit, but he murdered his wife and child.  Any mention of Benoit or footage conjured up a lot of unpleasant thoughts and memories not to mention the flame wars that erupted online any time Benoit's name was mentioned.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:02 pm

Plus, the source of the comments is from The National Enquirer. Being a reputable source of journalistic integrity isn't exactly what they're known for. Plus, this is merely a transcript from what was assumed to be a private conversation nearly 10 years ago.

Again, what Hogan said was awful, but keep in mind the environment he was in, and whether or not he was drunk or under the influence of some other substance (a likely scenario). We don't know the context of his comments, and no matter what somebody says, context always matters. That could be the difference between drunken rambling, a prolonged bad attempt at humor, or Hogan's true feelings.

Even then, if Hogan were truly racist, there's never been a case of him actually engaging in racist actions.
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:07 am

Yes, there has. Saying those things.

I've been drunk. I've never said anything close to that.Just assuming here but I'd say you haven't either. But by all means continue to defend the asshole racist. And it's not like Hogan was thought of as a 'good' guy before this. He was at best one of the most manipulative assholes wrestling's ever seen with an ego so big he had to be a part of everything. Also he was likely a drug addict so that's also cool.

Look at what you are defending without red and yellow tinted glasses on. A tape revealed a wrestling hero to be exactly what he is, a scumbag. Also, a racist scumbag so now he can not be a part of wrestling anymore.

Good for wrestling. Get the fuck out Hulk.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:54 am

I think it's fine that WWE is cutting ties with Hogan for getting caught saying things that would damage the companies reputation.

But I also think if they're going to do this to him, there are a couple of other guys they should erase from their website *cough*MichaelHayes*cough*
    RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:12 pm

It's bad enough Hogan is hurting his image on Twitter, retweeting "support" that is actually tweets making a joke of him.  This comes out...

AND THE HITS (TO HIS IMAGE) KEEP COMING FOR HULK HOGAN AS IT COMES OUT A RANT HE USED BROUGHT JAMIE FOXX INTO IT, NOW WE KNOW WHY BROOKE WROTE THE NICE POEM ABOUT HER DAD
    By Dave Scherer on 2015-07-27 11:46:37

Radar Online and The National Enquirer promised more damaging information would come from the Heather Clem sex tape that Hogan is currently suing Gawker.com over. Well, they weren’t lying. They released the following snippet from the tape today.

As mentioned on Friday, Hogan was mad that his daughter Brooke was looking to leave his guidance and take her singing career to a person Hogan referred to as a “billionaire black guy”. The story quotes Hogan as saying, “Fucking n*****… he had Jamie Foxx coming in on the 22nd track. I didn’t even tell Brooke about it. F*** her. Brooke and (name withheld by Radar and The ENQUIRER) met in Miami. Brooke f***s up a ten million dollar deal I had with the Saudis. Brooke says, ‘F*** you dad.’ She’s never said that. She flipped a bird at me.”

As I mentioned on the site yesterday, Hogan really needs to go dark for awhile instead of going on a social media offensive. Many of the tweets he has already sent out have reflected poorly on him. This kind of information coming out just makes the whole thing worse.

The original Radar Online article is here
    RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:38 pm

I want to give this a separate post. Wade Keller does a good job of explaining why Hogan is being vilified here and why he needs to stop talking, tweeting and so on... The article is fairly long, so I am just posting the link. But it is WELL worth reading.

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/kellerstake/article_86498.shtml#.VbZr3fn855U

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:00 am