WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+13
GolfClubNinja
JustSkiff
Indy
TeeBeeKay
2kNikk
RFSKannon
Oblivious1
SBR
Vipes
Xero
Stroke
Swarles
Joe5150
17 posters

Who was here when this was TalkTNA.com? (Little history lesson for the noobs)

JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Who was here when this was TalkTNA.com? (Little history lesson for the noobs) - Page 2 Empty Re: Who was here when this was TalkTNA.com? (Little history lesson for the noobs)

Post by JustSkiff Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:31 pm

gr7711 wrote:
    Indy wrote:It was clearly shut down due to a troll catfishing Dixie Carter on the message board
    this might've been me

That isn't something I would be proud of, especially with the incident having to do with someone pretending to have cancer.
    gr7711

Who was here when this was TalkTNA.com? (Little history lesson for the noobs) - Page 2 Empty Re: Who was here when this was TalkTNA.com? (Little history lesson for the noobs)

Post by gr7711 Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:24 pm

JustSkiff wrote:
    gr7711 wrote:
    Indy wrote:It was clearly shut down due to a troll catfishing Dixie Carter on the message board
    this might've been me

That isn't something I would be proud of, especially with the incident having to do with someone pretending to have cancer.
    yes, that was me. i was 11 with an overactive imagination and an imaginary friend problem

i'm not proud of it for sure, but i recently got back into wrestling and reminded myself of what i got up to 10+ years ago, did a google to see if any remnants of it remain, found this place. i'm very genuinely sorry about the whole thing and the fact it had a lasting effect on this community. theres no 'excuse' for a ridiculous thing, but i will say that i was 11 and that giving my imaginary friend cancer was just a clumsy way of killing him off/realising i'd gone too far rather than a pre-planned malice thing
    danhere

Post by danhere Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:40 pm

I was there for the tna forum,when socalval was main fixture of the forum,until they killed then followed everybody to talkimpact and finally here.
    WhoBetta
    WhoBetta

Post by WhoBetta Sun May 03, 2015 6:01 pm

Hey. I was that guy who got banned by TNA.... Then brought back and made a moderator.

lol TNA.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sun May 03, 2015 8:34 pm

WhoBetta wrote:Hey. I was that guy who got banned by TNA.... Then brought back and made a moderator.

lol TNA.

You Asshat of a man.
    WhoBetta
    WhoBetta

Post by WhoBetta Sun May 03, 2015 9:15 pm

The statute of limitations has probably been passed by now, so here it goes:

If it makes you feel any better gr, you werent the key reason the board was shut down... You were the straw the broke the camel's back though. However without you, the board was going to be shut down anyways...

TNA was sick of moderating the community, the 'street team' effort (which was, from their perspective, the only positive the community could provide) collapsed (and frankly, did a shit job in the first place... Marcus), they didn't want to pay for the ever expanding size of the domain, the 'Coffee Shop' was getting out of hand politically... TNA was gonna shut it down in due time... Your lies to MissJess (not Dixie btw) and the rest of the community were simply the catalyst for something that was going to happen anyways.

Now that you feel a bit better about it, I want to knock you down off that cloud... Quite a few people got fired and/or relieved of their duties because of you... And you're one of the reasons that, to this day, TNA does very very little to communicate with its fanbase. Im sure you were probably aware, but just in case you didnt, I wanted you to know the full consequence of your actions.

Im happy you have lived and learned, returned to the remnants of the community, and I do wish you the best.

Its been 10+ fucking years jeez... We're all smarter and wiser now... And we all played a role in the demise of the original forum. So no need to lament, we're here now.

Hurrah! Smile

On an aside, right before everything went down, I was talking with Jess who was working with Jeff Jarrett to try to get me a job there. then everything went down and I lost contact with Jess (as she dropped off the face of the earth after that). So if its any consolation, you helped save me from what couldve been the most aggravating job Id ever of had.
    WhoBetta
    WhoBetta

Post by WhoBetta Sun May 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Oh, and...

Who was here when this was TalkTNA.com? (Little history lesson for the noobs) - Page 2 Asshat
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Mon May 04, 2015 2:18 pm

WhoBetta wrote:The statute of limitations has probably been passed by now, so here it goes:

If it makes you feel any better gr, you werent the key reason the board was shut down... You were the straw the broke the camel's back though. However without you, the board was going to be shut down anyways...

TNA was sick of moderating the community, the 'street team' effort (which was, from their perspective, the only positive the community could provide) collapsed (and frankly, did a shit job in the first place... Marcus), they didn't want to pay for the ever expanding size of the domain, the 'Coffee Shop' was getting out of hand politically... TNA was gonna shut it down in due time... Your lies to MissJess (not Dixie btw) and the rest of the community were simply the catalyst for something that was going to happen anyways.

Now that you feel a bit better about it, I want to knock you down off that cloud... Quite a few people got fired and/or relieved of their duties because of you... And you're one of the reasons that, to this day, TNA does very very little to communicate with its fanbase. Im sure you were probably aware, but just in case you didnt, I wanted you to know the full consequence of your actions.

Im happy you have lived and learned, returned to the remnants of the community, and I do wish you the best.

Its been 10+ fucking years jeez... We're all smarter and wiser now... And we all played a role in the demise of the original forum. So no need to lament, we're here now.

Hurrah! Smile

On an aside, right before everything went down, I was talking with Jess who was working with Jeff Jarrett to try to get me a job there. then everything went down and I lost contact with Jess (as she dropped off the face of the earth after that).  So if its any consolation, you helped save me from what couldve been the most aggravating job Id ever of had.

Who was here when this was TalkTNA.com? (Little history lesson for the noobs) - Page 2 Slow_clap_citizen_kane
    gr7711

Post by gr7711 Tue May 05, 2015 11:56 am

I had no idea anybodies jobs would have been affected by that. I feel awful about that.
    All sad 11 year old me originally wanted to convince anyone of originally was that I had a friend named Stuart
    I know it's unlikely at this stage, but seriously, if there's specific people I really owe an apology to for that, let me know because to this day I've not been particularly aware of quite how much of an effect I would've had

And about me being here, do feel free to tell me to fuck off, like. But otherwise I might still pop in for wrestling chat if I am welcome.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Tue May 05, 2015 4:20 pm

i don't have a problem with you posting, that was almost a decade ago
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue May 05, 2015 7:47 pm

Swarles wrote:i don't have a problem with you posting, that was almost a decade ago

What he said
    Oblivious1
    Oblivious1

Post by Oblivious1 Fri May 08, 2015 1:33 am

Definitely agreed on the meetup concept.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Fri May 08, 2015 6:45 pm

SBR wrote:
    Swarles wrote:i don't have a problem with you posting, that was almost a decade ago

What he said

This

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:10 pm