WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+13
GolfClubNinja
JustSkiff
Indy
TeeBeeKay
2kNikk
RFSKannon
Oblivious1
SBR
Vipes
Xero
Stroke
Swarles
Joe5150
17 posters

Who was here when this was TalkTNA.com? (Little history lesson for the noobs)

Joe5150
    Joe5150

Who was here when this was TalkTNA.com? (Little history lesson for the noobs) Empty Who was here when this was TalkTNA.com? (Little history lesson for the noobs)

Post by Joe5150 Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:32 pm

For those newer people whom have joined recently due to the greatness of our FPR league, may not know this, but the original incarnation of our little corner of the IWC was actually the official message boards of TNA Wrestling. Way back in the early/mid 2000's.

Here's a pic from right before Against All Odds in 2006: http://web.archive.org/web/20060203050254/http://www.talktna.com/forum/index.php?

By that point we had 12,600 members. I started posting back in 2003 when it first started when it was the official forums of then NWA-TNA.com(TNA's original website). Dixie Carter(user name 'tnadixie') and other people/talent in the company posted. I remember anytime Dixie posted she got trolled like crazy.

Eventually TNA got rid of their forums, but the members continued the forums under new not-affiliated with TNA names. TalkImpact.com(Talk iMPACT! Radio came from this) was the first I think, then it eventually led to the different variations of Wrestle Connect that we have today.

I thought I'd give a little history of where this thing we call Wrestle Connect came from for the new users and how we actually are a spin-off of sorts today of TNA's official online forums.

Indy, Swarles, etc. feel free to chime in if you want. I used to post as 'JoCrazy' back in the day.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Who was here when this was TalkTNA.com? (Little history lesson for the noobs) Empty Re: Who was here when this was TalkTNA.com? (Little history lesson for the noobs)

Post by Swarles Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:37 pm

It's true, FPR is technically only a thing because of TNA, so thank them for that I guess.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Who was here when this was TalkTNA.com? (Little history lesson for the noobs) Empty Re: Who was here when this was TalkTNA.com? (Little history lesson for the noobs)

Post by Joe5150 Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Swarles wrote:It's true, FPR is technically only a thing because of TNA, so thank them for that I guess.

I really wish we could get huge amounts of users again. Not like 13k like in 2006, but in the hundreds at least.

/r/SquaredCircle has over 76,000 members.
    Stroke
    Stroke

Post by Stroke Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:15 pm

*Raises hand*
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:11 pm

Hello
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:53 pm

Joe5150 wrote:
    Swarles wrote:It's true, FPR is technically only a thing because of TNA, so thank them for that I guess.

I really wish we could get huge amounts of users again. Not like 13k like in 2006, but in the hundreds at least.

/r/SquaredCircle has over 76,000 members.

less is more, brother.
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:09 pm

Wow, back when we actually thought TNA would be a thing. The old boards and the old eFed, where I met, among other cool peeps, my eternally awesome AIW frequenting partner in crime, Grant.

And I agree with Swarley. Quality over quantity.

Last edited by Vipes on Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:23 pm

But trying to convince the other guy that he's a moron is what makes a message board what it is.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:29 am

Man I can't for the life of me remember my TalkTNA name but it def had something to do with AJ Styles.

Now that TNA is almost dead maybe now WhoBetta can reveal the secret TO THIS DAY of why TNA shut down their board.

We have lost a ton of good men over the years, who can blame them wrestling sucks, but I love everyone that is still here. Fam 4 lyfe.
    Oblivious1
    Oblivious1

Post by Oblivious1 Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:27 pm

Ahhh, the good old days.
    RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:11 pm

I was around back then too. I'd say the core group of Wrestle Connect has been around since those days.
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:18 pm

I was not there Sad
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:29 pm

SBR wrote:Man I can't for the life of me remember my TalkTNA name but it def had something to do with AJ Styles.

Now that TNA is almost dead maybe now WhoBetta can reveal the secret TO THIS DAY of why TNA shut down their board.

We have lost a ton of good men over the years, who can blame them wrestling sucks, but I love everyone that is still here. Fam 4 lyfe.

Dixie Carter getting trolled and people being critical of the product probably had something to do with it.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:31 pm

Vipes wrote:

True, but I think we have too few members. I think a good 50-100 active members would be good.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:37 pm

I was around for some of the TalkTNA days, it's been a long strange journey to get here
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:03 am

It seems like new people that join are outcasted by our regulars lol. I'm in the less is more bandwagon now.

Gunslinging trolls and eccentric marks wasn't that much fun.

It is pretty cool that we are all still friends, I think I was moderating the TNA boards when I was 16. So no less than 10 years we've been a community of podcasting, secret santaing, online gaming friends.

Thinking back to the early TNA message board makes me miss actually being a TNA enthusiast. As far as the message board goes, It was clearly shut down due to a troll catfishing Dixie Carter on the message board and the fact that most of the messages became negative toward the company.

I think I remember WWE trying a message board a few times.. Same thing happened.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:57 pm

Indy wrote:It is pretty cool that we are all still friends, I think I was moderating the TNA boards when I was 16. So no less than 10 years we've been a community of podcasting, secret santaing, online gaming friends.

To me, it's not just that this place has been around a long time but that the core members have been around just as long. There's probably not many more wrestling boards where 90% of their user base can say they've been interacting with one another for around 10 years.

At the age we are now, I feel like we should almost consider a meet up someday.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:26 pm

Xero wrote:
    Indy wrote:It is pretty cool that we are all still friends, I think I was moderating the TNA boards when I was 16. So no less than 10 years we've been a community of podcasting, secret santaing, online gaming friends.

To me, it's not just that this place has been around a long time but that the core members have been around just as long.  There's probably not many more wrestling boards where 90% of their user base can say they've been interacting with one another for around 10 years.

At the age we are now, I feel like we should almost consider a meet up someday.

Agreed. TalkTNACon needs to happen.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:44 pm

wrestleconnectcon...no, wrestlecon...Ok I guess the first one.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:35 pm

Wrestleconnect.con
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:06 pm

*.net
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:01 pm

man, you guys are old, i wasn't even in elementary school.
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:28 pm

WrestleConNect
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:10 pm

I was there... under a different name. Those old message boards were fun and enraging all at once. It was when I was first getting back into wrestling and have been sort of in and out of having any sort of internet presence with regard to wrestling ever since.

MEMORIES
    gr7711

Post by gr7711 Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:24 am

Indy wrote:It was clearly shut down due to a troll catfishing Dixie Carter on the message board
    this might've been me

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm