WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+9
Stroke
CapitalTTruth
JustSkiff
Slayer
RFSKannon
Swarles
2kNikk
SBR
Joe5150
13 posters

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania 31

Joe5150
    Joe5150

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania 31  - Page 2 Empty Re: Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania 31

Post by Joe5150 Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:22 am

SBR
    SBR

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania 31  - Page 2 Empty Re: Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania 31

Post by SBR Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:50 am

Swarles wrote:the best way i have found to get hyped for mania on sunday is to pretend it is 2001

So basically they should use My Way for every WM hype video. It just works.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:41 pm

It's really weird to say, but yea. WWE needs more limp bizkit videos.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:54 pm

Joe5150 wrote:
     Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania 31  - Page 2 20141031_WM31_TicketSale_LIGHT_HP

Card

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
     Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania 31  - Page 2 20150224_LIGHT_WM31_Match_LesnarReigns_HP
    Brock Lesnar(c) with Paul Heyman vs Roman Reigns

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania 31  - Page 2 20150224_LIGHT_WM31_Match_HPv2_takerbray
    Bray Wyatt vs The Undertaker

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania 31  - Page 2 20150224_LIGHT_WM31_Match_HPv2
    Sting vs Triple H

WWE Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match
     Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania 31  - Page 2 20150309_LIGHT_WM31_Match_BadNewsLadder_HP2
    Bad News Barret(c) vs Dean Ambrose vs R-Truth vs Dolph Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan vs Luke Harper vs Stardust

United States Championship Match
     Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania 31  - Page 2 20150224_LIGHT_WM31_Match_HPv2_cenarusev
    Rusev(c) with Lana vs John Cena

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania 31  - Page 2 20150224_LIGHT_WM31_Match_HP_OrtonRollins
    Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins w/ J&J Security

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania 31  - Page 2 20150224_LIGHT_WM31_Match_HPv2_divastag
    AJ Lee & Paige vs The Bella Twins

Kick-Off Show

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania 31  - Page 2 20150224_LIGHT_WM31_Match_Andre_HP
    Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
    Participants: The Miz, Curtis Axel, Ryback, Fandango, Adam Rose, Zack Ryder, Jack Swagger, Titus O’Neil, Darren Young, Big Show,  Kane, Erick Rowan ,Damien Mizdow, Sin Cara, Heath Slater, Mark Henry, Konnor, Viktor, Goldust, & Hideo Itami

WWE Tag Team Championship
     Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania 31  - Page 2 20150320_LIGHT_WM31_kickoffmatch_hp
    Cesaro & Tyson Kidd(c) w/ Natalya vs  The New Day(Big E. & Kofi Kingston w/ Xavier Woods) vs Los Matadors vs The Uso's

Are the multi-man tag match and IC latter match some existential representation of midcard hell?
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:41 pm

Sting/HHH is the only match without an NXT alum in it, but HHH runs NXT so he might count as an 'NXT guy'
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:49 pm

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania 31  - Page 2 111
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:45 pm

So this show was like a million times better than the build.
    Stroke
    Stroke

Post by Stroke Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:49 pm

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania 31  - Page 2 WM31_Photo_270-784110351
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:56 pm

wwe.com wrote:After the match, DX stood tall with Triple H while The nWo stood by Sting – WWE standing triumphant in the final battle with WCW. Nevertheless, WWE’s COO pushed his DX allies aside and shook Sting’s hand, creating a WrestleMania moment forged from respect.

Rolling Eyes
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:51 am

Stroke wrote: Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania 31  - Page 2 WM31_Photo_270-784110351

That was the best fucking entrance ever.
    BornToFail
    BornToFail

Post by BornToFail Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:30 am

So a pretty entertaining show that suffered from some predictable outcomes:

-Pre-show tag clusterfuck was an entertaining spotfest. Battle Royal's booking with Show eliminating all the young guys was retarted.

- Ladder match was my MOTN, Powerbomb through the ladder was crazzy. Hopefully Bryan's first program won't be with Kane.

-Orton/Rollins was good, awesome RKO spot and a beatiful moonsault to the outside.

- HHH/Sting went full WCW 2000. And it was so bad it was good. Hunter's entrance was... something else.

-Taker/Wyatt was as decent as anyone could have hoped.

- The Rock/Haitch/Steph/Rousey stalling was horrid. Steph is the personification of X-Pac heat

- Reigns getting destroyed was great although he sold like Cena (smiled like asshole). Cash-in saved this Mania. If Reigns would have won people would be a little more negative on the whole show.
    RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:18 pm

Show was good over all, some things I didn't care for, but whatever...

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but... Was that the first ever MiTB cash in at a Wrestlemania?
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:53 pm

It was the first MitB cash in at a WrestleMania.

The show was pretty great to me. The build was fucking awful and hard to sit through but the results were there. Who would have guessed.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:30 pm

The show was mostly pretty good.

The MITB cash-in was a very surprising twist, given how it was done rather htan it actually being done. I was hoping that Brock would just hold onto the title for another year, but I don't have a problem with Seth Rollins as the new champ.

Taker vs. Wyatt was fairly good for what it was, and Taker looked to be in much better condition than he did last year. I think that Wyatt could have used the win much more than Taker, because a Taker retirement match next year would have more drama because of the vulnerability he would display after losing two years in a row.

I don't get why so many people loved the Rock, Rousey, HHH & Steph segment. The Rock & Steph were great in their roles, but it DRAGGED on for so long. I think it was longer than any of the actual matches on the show. Plus, maybe it's just because I'm so sick of her in the UFC, but Ronda came off as a bit awkward in the WWE environment. I also feel that WWE pushes the idea of Rock vs. HHH being a legendary feud (or anything involving HHH for that matter) more than it actually was.

Rusev's entrance was so damn awesome. That's what WM is all about. The match with Cena was pretty good and both guys busted out some very unique moves that aren't normally in their arsenal, i.e. Cena's springboard stunner. Cena definitely didn't need the win over Rusev, but the idea of him holding the US Title can be intriguing if they actually go somewhere with it.

The HHH vs. Sting finish was such bullshit. Not only did Sting lose the match in rather anticlimactic fashion, but then they shake hands despite the heel winning with loads of interference and weapons strikes. The WWE turned this match into a rehashing of some petty grudge held from a promotional war that ended 14 years ago. JBL's line "we win again" sums up how stupid this company can be. They're potentially costing themselves money with Sting just so they can prove some stupid meaningless point that doesn't matter anymore.

That being said, the match was actually quite entertaining. Sting looked in great shape and was performing very well. They probably didn't even need all of those run-ins because the in-ring work was much better than anybody could have expected. It's crazy that Hogan & Hall took bumps at ringside, despite their recent health issues (back surgeries & hip replacement).

Orton vs. Rollins was a very good match. They busted out some awesome variations of their signatures, highlighted by that incredible Curb Stomp into the RKO counter finish.

The Ladder Match was good, but unfortunately nothing about it seemed really memorable aside from that BRUTAL powerbomb to Ambrose. That superplex with Barrett & Stardust looked SCARY though. Bryan should have a good reign with the IC Title as the workhorse champion.

The rest of the matches were fine for what they were. Big Show winning the Battle Royal was pointless. It does nothing for him as they haven't protected him at all and could have been a nice accolade for somebody like Ryback or Sandow. Hopefully, him finally winning a battle royal is subtle sign that his career is wrapping up soon.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:45 pm

I thought it was a good show too, but most seemed to like it more than me

I am so over ladder matches, they do nothing for me anymore, I wouldn't miss them if we never saw one again, that being said it was a fine ladder match, but nothing great

I thought Orton/Rollins was fantastic, easily my MOTN, these two guys were so freaking smooth and so in synch with each other it was just great, the best Orton has looked in years IMO

HHH/Sting was what it was, to some I'm sure it was fun, to me I didn't care, thought it was dumb of Sting to lose, but HHH booked himself in another main event next year so he had to keep himself strong, don't ever change HHH, more on this later

Divas match was whatever

Rusev is so fucking great, so dumb that Cena had to beat the two top young heels in back to back mania's, I wish Rusev would have won but they gotta keep John Cena strong, match was good, but not as good as fast lane, super flat finish too

I enjoyed the Ronda/Rock/HHH/Steph thing, but what annoys me about it is now these 4 non wrestlers have to be kept strong for an entire years assuming they're either doing the mixed tag or separate singles matches at mania next year, which means another whole year of HHH and Steph being better than all the losers on the main roster and constantly tearing them down and making them look like jokes so they can feed their egos

Undertaker was moving well but damn that was a bad hair choice, again wish Bray would have gone over here, this didn't hurt him, but in era where they need stars, this certainly didn't help him either

The main was fun, Brock throwing dudes around is always great, hated Roman's smiling gimmick, thought it looked super dumb, but he had a really fun comeback, the cash in was perfect, great booking

Overall fun show, just wish the booking had been a little better
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:04 pm

Reigns delivered a hell of a performance, and I would have been fine with him coming out with the belt. While Reigns isn't the best worker, he is motivated, and knew he needed to bust his ass to try to get to Brock's level. I think he did that in this match.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:22 pm

I have no problem with HHH winning. He is probably headlining mania with Rock next year, he's the guy on TV every week, and Sting might be done after this for all we know.

Granted I have hated sting for like 10 years now and I was 100% against him coming in, so take it with a grain of salt i guess.

Also HHH's terminator entrance was so stupid great. Like I'm glad I watched this by myself so i could secretly mark over it instead of having to be cool and go "psh,this company man. so dumb".
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:32 pm

I liked the Terminator entrance a lot because WrestleMania is the perfect environment for these excessively ridiculous theatrics. It also fit more with HHH a lot more than the Japanese Samurai musical number did with Sting.

I can see the argument that for Sting losing that he won't be around on a regular basis as where HHH will. HOWEVER, if the Rock vs. HHH is such a LEGENDARY RIVALRY, then shouldn't that be strong enough to sell a match between them?

We're constantly told how LEGENDARY and revered Triple H is, so did he really need to look strong by beating Sting so that he could get tossed by a woman?
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:38 pm

Would a REVERED LEGEND like HHH lose to a 55 year old sting? I think not.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:52 pm

He also wouldn't get tossed by a mere woman.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:57 pm

Slayer wrote:He also wouldn't get tossed by a mere woman.

This same "mere" woman chopped Biff Busick, she got some ovaries.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:59 pm

The problem I have is that HHH got to beat Sting by booking himself in the main event of Mania next year

I'm no big Sting fan, but if you're bringing him in, he should have won here and put over younger guys at both SSLam and Mania next year, and if you couldn't get that deal done, you shouldn't have brought him in, because now it's just bringing in a guy so HHH can beat him and stroke his ego rather than using Sting to try and build up some new guys

HHH got to book himself in what is likely to be the biggest money wrestlemania of all time, and frankly he's the least integral part of it, and it just bums me out
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:01 pm

Slayer wrote:He also wouldn't get tossed by a mere woman.

"a mere woman" huh?
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:08 pm

Being the MMA guy around here, I know who Ronda Rousey is. And while a majority of the crowd definitely knew who she was too, it's a piss poor argument to make that HHH shouldn't lose to a 55-year old man when he ends up taking a bump for a 135 lbs woman (at least when she's in fighting shape) about an hour later.

I got enough of HHH burying WCW headliners in 2003. He really didn't need the win against Sting last night because this comes off as incredibly insecure by WWE and HHH himself. WWE also makes more money off of Sting winning his first match because newer fans won't see him as some old loser and any matches he has in the future will have more heat behind them.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:54 pm

I mean he took one bump, a judo throw from a judo champion. I don't think anyone cares that it was from a 135 lb woman, except maybe like Lance Storm or Cornette.

Sting shouldn't lose to a 55 year old man is a poor argument, but it was a tongue in cheek response to your "IF HE'S SO GOOD WHY DIDN'T HE JUST LOSE?" argument.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:38 pm