WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+8
CapitalTTruth
SBR
Xero
Joe5150
Slayer
WWF Attitude
Swarles
TeeBeeKay
12 posters

Punk Speaks

Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Punk Speaks - Page 2 Empty Re: Punk Speaks

Post by Swarles Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:13 am

I just can't wrap my head around who they will book him against. If its ANYONE already on the roster, I fear for his well being. If they bring in a complete tin can for him to fight, that doesn't really do anything for anybody.

The only think I can think of is bringing in some old washed up fighters that Phil (you're a UFC fighter now, you're name is Phil) can possibly beat, but if he loses to they can be like "well he lost to an experienced fighter".

What is Phil Baroni and Matt Lindland up to these days?
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:32 am

My guess is a tin can, Dana's talked about giving him a competitor with similar experience(aka none) so I would guess the idea is to give him a win or two against nobodies and then hope the interest is good enough that they can use Punk's talking ability to build up a big fight with someone on the roster and then use Punk to create a new star who could shut up the "fake pro wrestler"

I don't think he gets to 8 fights, I would say 2-5 total fights sounds about right, but yeah I do fear for his health
    RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:09 pm

Put him on the Ultimate Fighter... Just seeing him interact with other fighters would draw in viewers.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:11 pm

CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:26 am

I am guessing a tomato can or two and then he moves to working as a commentator. He has charisma and is a better talker than any of the fighters/turned mic guys. I'll be floored if he fights 8 times. They will slow build him till he hits his wall and then they switch him over full time.

I just really hope they don't get ballsy enough to make him a TUF coach in a few years.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:34 pm

There's been talk that the UFC would bring in somebody who's either 0-0, 1-0, 1-1, or 2-1. He won't be fighting anybody of note, so expect him to be babied as much as possible, ala Herschel Walker in Strikeforce.

What is bad about having Punk actually fight in the UFC is that it greatly degrades the quality of the product. The UFC always touts how they are on par with top sports leagues like the NFL, NBA, and MLB when it's convenient for them (like banning all outside sponsors for fighters next year so their fighters have to wear Reebok uniforms) but a move like this completely goes against that.

In what other sports league can a guy with no competitive athletic background just be allowed to come in and be an active participant because he does some training as a hobby and is a really big fan?

This is just like when celebrities come into to "try that wrestling stuff" because they've seen it on TV and thinks it looks like fun.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:38 pm

Now Punk is getting sued.

meltz wrote:WWE physician Dr. Chris Amann filed suit today in Cook County (IL) Circuit Court against Philip Jack Brooks (C.M. Punk) and Scott Colton (Colt Cabana) based on comments Brooks made on Colton's "Art of Wrestling" podcast.

Amann claimed both men's statements on the November podcast were false, defamatory, and put him in a false light by improperly insinuating a lack of integrity and/or competence as a medical doctor. He is seeking in excess of $1 million in compensatory damages as well as punitive damages.

Amann, in particular, claimed that Brooks impugned his reputation by saying he had misdiagnosed a fatty deposit on Brooks' back as a fatty deposit and ignored requests to remove it. Brooks said that it turned into life-threatening MSRA, and was also critical of Amann's handling of what he said was a concussion.

Amann claimed he was never asked by Brooks to treat any lump or remove a lump, saying Brooks never showed him such a lump and that he never prescribed Brooks with antibiotics for such a bump. Amann did say that he told Brooks to leave the ring after believing he may have suffered a concussion and wanted futher evaluation in the training room.

He claimed Colton aided in falsely depicting Amann as a lazy or a bad doctor, and claimed both men knowingly fabricated the false and disparaging statements about him.
    RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:11 am

SBR wrote:Now Punk is getting sued.

You had to see this coming though. A little surprised it didn't happen sooner.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:00 am

As I understand it the burden of proof is on the Dr to prove Punk is lying and assuming Punk is telling the truth about having staph treated by a non wwe doctor, then I find it hard to believe that Amann will be able to prove Punk never came to him for treatment
    PhenominalXX1
    PhenominalXX1

Post by PhenominalXX1 Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:20 pm

so WWE has released a statement in support of the Doctor, but not supporting him enough to say whether they think he's actually going to win.....
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:46 pm

Punk Speaks - Page 2 4230c7212df57ac9059ab0127b10ecd3
    RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:05 pm

Just saw this. While it might seem like a bad idea, she's right. If WWE does anything to punish AJ it'll make them look really bad at the same time. Interested to see how this plays out.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:07 am

Always standing up to the man, that is our C. M. Pu.... I mean A. J. Lee!
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:12 pm

Swarles wrote:Punk Speaks - Page 2 4230c7212df57ac9059ab0127b10ecd3

I agree with AJ. Raw needs more Bella Twins.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:03 pm

I have to think that unless she's willing to commit career suicide, or believes that she's untouchable given WWE's legal matters with Punk, then this is going to lead to a storyline with AJ and Stephanie.
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:05 pm

Nevermind!

Steph and Vince both tweeted back at AJ basically saying stay tuned
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:22 pm

2kNikk wrote:Nevermind!

Steph and Vince both tweeted back at AJ basically saying stay tuned

Of course they did. Even WWE Executive are not dumb enough to take a public anti-women stance. The hammer would come down hard in the court of public opinion if they did that. I'm sure Steph, Vince,& Dunn are pissed privately, but they would never say that on Social media. Triple H probably secretly loves it, as evident by the booking of NXT Women.
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:23 pm

Yeah well eyes are on them to put up or shut up I think. We'll see.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:29 pm

#GiveDivasAChance #OnNXT

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:53 pm