WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+16
BornToFail
Grant
Vipes
JustSkiff
Joe5150
RFSKannon
WWF Attitude
GolfClubNinja
Oblivious1
WhoBetta
Swarles
CapitalTTruth
Slayer
SBR
TeeBeeKay
Spudz
20 posters

NXT Weekly Thread

Slayer
    Slayer

NXT Weekly Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: NXT Weekly Thread

Post by Slayer Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:55 pm

Corbin lacks presence. I get that he's trying to portray an emotionless demeanor, ala Taker, but his facial mannerisms are too listless. Rather than come off as menacing and brooding, he looks bored or even scared.

And Joe's music sucks. It's the most awkward fitting, quirky and generic hip-hop track you would find in any 90s video game.

At least Cor Von's ridiculously awesome persona managed to work with his song.

Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:58 pm

What was the deal with Owens/Joe on this week's TV? Like I get that thy are building to a bigger match but this one wasn't good. Post match brawl was even worse.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:21 am

I heard Joe was really good on the NXT house shows, no idea why that match wasn't good.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:36 am

NXT Weekly Thread - Page 6 PartialChillyEchidna

Devastating Power bomb in this weeks main event for the Women's title.

Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:13 am

NXT Weekly Thread - Page 6 PoliticalKnobbyFinnishspitz

Charlotte Flop
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:45 am

Super impressed with the little we saw from Gable, they have something with that kid, I don't know how his goofy charisma will translate in the long term, but he's a great wrestler with some personality so I'm excited to see where he goes
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:06 am

Pretty disappointing debut for Storm, maybe it's been so long since I've watched him I overrated him in my mind, but I just wasn't impressed from the match

his promo they posted on youtube however...

was great!
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:44 pm

I feel that same way about Asuka, in that her initial performances haven't been particularly impressive to me. I'm not quite understanding the hype around her just yet, but that's just me.

As for Storm, his debut was fine, but I think what fell flat was his finishing move. Even in the early days of TNA, he rarely used the 8-Second Ride as his definitive finishing move. The crowd was definitely with him as soon as they saw him, but that awkward move to end the match, and then the lousy music (a rare scenario where TNA actually had better music for a wrestler than WWE) didn't really get the crowd going. He seemed to win them back with his catchpharse after the match.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:34 am

This insane slap-into-flying armbar by Askua happened:

https://streamable.com/xgkr
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:53 am

This weeks was really good. The Samoa Joe/Finn confrontation was really good and Joe's promo was as well.

Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:20 pm

What are everyone's thoughts on takeover London? Thought the show was good but definetly lower echelon as far as takeovers go. Liked the main event and opener a lot, but nothing was blow away like the last couple shows.
    Stroke
    Stroke

Post by Stroke Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:28 pm

I enjoyed it and really liked 4 of the 5 matches (Apollo/Baron wasn't bad by any means). Goes without saying, but Big Cass/Enzo are very over.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:02 am

Loved it. Very good show. The crowd chanting for Cass to the tune of The Beetles' ''Hey Jude'' was great. I guess the most underwhelming match was Crews/Baron, but that still wasn't bad by any stretch.

The show was really good, not the best over-all show for an NXT special, but no real complaints. The crowd was, while 'smarky', really good as they were focused on the talent/the match happening.

I just finished it, as I got out of workafter 9pm. I was spoiled to the results thanks to the fucking WWE app on the my phone earlier in the day, but the show was good enough where me knowing who was gonna win didn't hinder my enjoyment of the show.
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:33 am

Show was enjoyable, but I would agree that there was nothing earth shattering on it. Crews did what he could with the albatross known as Baron Corbin tied around his neck. Even though I expected it, I'm pretty sad Corbin got the win, as I couldn't give two shits about him in the slightest.

Other than that, everything else was good or great. I hope we get another round of Joe Vs. Balor in the future. And I hope Asuka keeps kicking faces off.
    BornToFail
    BornToFail

Post by BornToFail Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:53 am

Yeah it was great watching live (with WC's 3MB: myself, Kannon and Vipes Razz).

Was a bit disappointed we didn't get a Zayn segment since he had been working matches on the tour. Crews/Corbin was nothing special but the rest of the card delivered. Card didn't feature any huge matches in terms of quality but everything was enjoyable.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:14 am

I thought the show was great. Crews/Corbin was pretty meh but I really liked everything else. I think Bayley must be incredible to get a match that good out of Jax, and I thought Joe/Balor was great, but I am a huge Joe mark and I was just super excited to see a really motivated Joe kill it

More importantly tickets for NXT Detroit go on sale today!!
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:03 am

Joe5150 wrote:
    I just finished it, as I got out of workafter 9pm. I was spoiled to the results thanks to the fucking WWE app on the my phone earlier in the day, but the show was good enough where me knowing who was gonna win didn't hinder my enjoyment of the show.

Go to the App settings and turn off Push Notifications. That should eliminate the alerts.

As for the show, I agree with Swarles in that it while it was a good show, it felt a bit underwhelming.

The main event didn't have much drama as you knew Joe isn't winning the NXT Title, especially after the buildup where he dominated Finn in every confrontation they had.

Bayley vs. Jax was much better than expected, but it was still not great due to how inexperienced Jax is and how much she was rushed into this spotlight so soon after debuting on NXT TV. In hindsight, they probably should have saved the Bayley vs. Eva Marie match for this live special rather than the taped episode it aired on.

I was glad to see Dash & Dawson retain the Tag Titles as they just got them and deserve to have a bit of a longer reign. Plus, Enzo & Big Cass are so popular that they don't really need the titles and I feel that as a package, they are ready to go straight to the main roster any day now. The NXT tag team division is starting to build some depth too, so Dash & Dawson seem like a better fit to serve as the anchor while it continues to develop. Hopefully, that leads to the eventual crowning of Jordan & Gable as new champs on WrestleMania weekend.

I'm fine with Corbin winning as he needs to get some meaningful wins, as he is one of the few heels in the NXT singles picture. I'm also not really feeling Asuka thus far, especially after being booked like God in this match. The match with Emma was fine though.
    PhenominalXX1
    PhenominalXX1

Post by PhenominalXX1 Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:17 am

the Emma/Auska match was IMO match of the night, loved the chain wrestling. wasn't feeling the rest of the card, still need to watch Joe/Balor in full.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:06 am

One thing I didn't like about the women's title match was the finish. I don't think Jax should have tapped, I think it really hurts her going forward.

They actually were in position for a perfect finish IMO, Nia kept spinebustering Bayley out of the choke and Bayley kept locking it in from below, I thought she was going to score a small package the last time and get a flash pin, then Nia could have kept some of her monster mystique
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:31 am

Yeah, Nia Jax has been mishandled since her debut.

That miscast entrance music and horrendous outfit in her first appearance were bad enough, but rushing her into a title program and having her speak like a regular person on the roster (rather than having a mouthpiece do her talking) were just bad choices.

The tapout kills intrigue in either a rematch with Bayley or even the matchup with Askua they teased before the title match.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:44 pm

Not to mention her finish, the legdrop looks like garbage. She's not the best worker but the spinebuster and samoan drop both look way more devastating, or if you do want a different finish, I think a splash would look much better for her.

On a different note, tickets to NXT Detroit are purchased!!!! My buddy told me the presale tix sold out in under 5 minutes, not sure how many they put up and it is a smallish building but that's crazy for a house show
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:57 pm

I want to go on record as saying that was the best Samoa Joe match in a decade. Halfway through the main event I couldn't help but smiling about getting to see the Samoa Joe I knew in 2005.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:15 pm

Getting through this now, the Star Wars marathon + work really killed my opportunities to watch this on Wednesday.

-Asuka/Emma I thought was great. I love that Asuka has added the badass KO kick as her finisher.

-Zo & Cass/Dash & Dawson I thought was also pretty great. But then again I watch these matches through the lens of someone who knows Cass so I'm a tad biased. Thought they were def getting the titles after the video package but I'm ok with them not. They should really be main roster bound after Mania. At least I'd hope.

-Corbin/Crews was fine. Corbin needs more matches like this with experienced guys. He has improved vastly but he's still not great. Hopefully because he won this match he will continue to feud with Apollo.

-Bayley/Jax was so much better then it had any right to be. But this goes along with my theory that Bayley should win wrestler of the year, babyface of the year, fued of the year, champion of the year and everything that you could possibly give her. Bayley should probably run for president.

-Balor/Joe was incredible. So much fun to see Joe this way again. This Joe could be on WWE TV tomorrow. And what could you say about Balor, he could also be on WWE TV tomorrow. But honestly I'm glad they're on NXT where the fans care, the stories are good and the wrestling is amazing.

Another good Takeover show. Was it the best one? No. But I had a lot of fun.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:42 am

This Dana/Emma v Asuka feud is one of the best things of the year, all 3 people are playing their role perfectly, such a great backstage promo this week Dana Brooke was killing it
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:22 pm

Fun battle royal, loved the old school rumble style promos to build it

as I think about the potential card for Takeover: Dallas, it really could be the best show in nxt history

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 am