WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+11
RefChrist
p0etryinm0tion
Slayer
Stroke
dragondragon
SBR
Spudz
Indy
CapitalTTruth
GolfClubNinja
WWF Attitude
15 posters

Russo still working part time for TNA

CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Russo still working part time for TNA - Page 2 Empty Re: Russo still working part time for TNA

Post by CapitalTTruth Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:08 pm

You are confusing correlation with causation. Just because they got to Spike and the writing started going down hill doesn't mean that Spike broke the pen.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Russo still working part time for TNA - Page 2 Empty Re: Russo still working part time for TNA

Post by Spudz Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:30 pm

p0etryinm0tion wrote:

TNA wasn't in the shape it is now when it was on Weeklies or even FSN and they had all the same elements plus were bringing in indie talent on a consistent basis and even had the open door policy for the X-Division.   All of that stopped when it got on Spike TV and ratings have pretty much stayed the same even with Spike trying to change what TNA was and that's an alternative.

Ok lets go back and look at the bigger picture.

2002.. Jarretts start company.. Carters would later buy a large amount from them. Every week from June 19th on they had 2 hours PPVS to fill and besides maybe a handful of guys they didn't have a set roster. You had about 6-8 matches a week. So alot of it was  do we keep using this young guy, is this former WWF/WCW worth keep using.

End of 2002-June 2004- Xplosion exclusive matches so that another 2 matches a week they could use to take a look at talent plus the 2 hours weekly ppvs.

June 4, 2004-Sept 8, 2004 Weekly PPVs, a hour (40ish mins) of Impact on FOX Sports and a match or two for Xplosion

Nov 2004 - Monthly 3 hours PPVs begin

Oct 2005 - 1 houir Impact starts on Impact

Oct 2007 - Impact expands to 2 hours (roughly 100mins of actual tv time) a week

Recap
    2002-2004- TNA had about 8-9 hours a month to use

2005- Oct 2007.. 2 and half hours/ Closer to 3 if you include the Xplosion matches of tv time a month to sell one 3 hour ppv a month.

So they lost a big chuck of time they had stopping Weekly ppvs but probably save them a bunch of money cause they weren't making money on them .

Now how to you sell people to buy ppvs.. Do you have mostly a different set of talent each month or do you try to have a regular roster most months that people can be familar with? that they can get to know?

After Oct 2007, You have a good 6 plus hours of tv/internet plus to sell a 3 hour ppv but guess who there as a writer .... Russo, the guy who think matches that go longer than 10 mins are boring.. So he going try his best to make the shows into his way,  swerves and silly turns.. You have Dutch Mantell also writing, while he a fan of wrestling matches., he also known to have some crazy ideas. You also have Jeff Jarrett in charge of what was put on the shows.

Besides the Creative team, you had the change from being a weekly ppv company to a company with a cable tv show and 1 monthly ppv that was.. There also the move down to taping shows to Orlando... Nashville is like nearly in the middle of Eastern USA so it was a few hours car ride from many points. TNA wasn't going pay airfare to Orlando for several different guys they would probably only use once or twice every taping and never use again.

Should also be mention 2007 saw the Knockout division formed, So instead maybe hiring several X Division guys, they hire some ladies(likely cheaper) instead and over time Knockouts would have some of the best ratings.

There other stuff I could point out if I thought about it but I've wrote more than enough about this that you should be able to see the big picture that Yes, SpikeTV/Viacom might have some demands of TNA & Dixie but once you look and consider everything .. They aren't the ones that should get the major blame for TNA changing or their failures.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:20 pm

People forget that TNA had to PAY to be on FSN. Impact was essentially an informercial on those networks, that was constantly pre-empted by whatever local sports that the various FSN regional channels preferred to air.

It was rumored that at one point that TNA was actually turning a profit, and it was during their Spike TV run. There's a reason why the speculation is that if TNA loses their Spike deal, then Dixie's parents will shut TNA down.

As for the quality of the product, it's been said by various former talent that the people in charge (particularly Dixie) are often changing the direction of the company for their own sake, not because Spike or somebody like Hogan & Bischoff insists on it.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:01 pm

from pwinsider.....
    Vince Russo is now officially done with TNA. He was informed today by John Gaburick that his consulting services were no longer needed after he sent an email to Mike Johnson exposing that he was still working with the company after previously saying he is was out of the wrestling business. According to sources, his involvement with TNA was less than warmly received by SpikeTV and may have had an affect on negotiations for a new TV deal.

Russo just tweeted the following: "Officially DONE w/TNA. Today they "suggested" a break, I declined. Finality was better for me.Details coming"

Suggested. That is a good way of putting it.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:18 pm

Russo is joining the force.
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:25 pm

So does this mean TNA get's their contract renewed now? it seem liked Spike wanted him gone from the begging so the bad man is gone now get the contract.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:48 pm

The PhenomenalBullyOne wrote:So does this mean TNA get's their contract renewed now? it seem liked Spike wanted him gone from the begging so the bad man is gone now get the contract.
    I don't know.. TNA still have the bad lady on top and the big guy who has probably no business being in charge of Creative & Talent Relations base on his previous job experience and what he done so far are still there though, The only way I would give TNA a new tv deal would if they were out of power.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:56 pm

I don't think this would change Spike's mind, TNA already lied about Russo at least once to Spike, there is no evidence that they aren't lying now, nor is there any evidence they wouldn't bring him back after the deal is done if he is gone
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:38 pm

Update: Russo was straight-up fired, despite whaat he claims on Twitter

- As previously reported, Vince Russo is officially done with TNA. While Russo claims that it was suggested that he take a break from the company and quit, PWInsider reports that he was in fact fired by John Gaburick. According to one source, Gaburick jokingly suggested that TNA and Russo no longer be involved, but then got serious and fired him. Russo then used the "suggesstion" part as the basis for his Twitter post.

As has been reported, Russo's working with TNA was reportedly part of the problem with Spike TV. As of right now there is no new deal in place for Impact but talks are ongoing. The site claims that no one in TNA's office knew that the TMZ news report was coming because Spike hadn't told any of them that the show wasn't getting renewed.

TNA is not only in talks with Spike, but with other outlets as well. Talent agency UTA is handling the negotiations for TNA and reporting back to TNA's offices. Dixie Carter is not personally involved in the talks.
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:16 pm

I like to know what other outlets are intrested in TNA Honstley. I am sure it could be a number of companies. I wounder if AMC is one of them.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:22 pm

The PhenomenalBullyOne wrote:I like to know what other outlets are intrested in TNA Honstley. I am sure it could be a number of companies. I wounder if AMC is one of them.

probably MAV TV and Pursuit Channel
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:03 pm

Spudz wrote:
    The PhenomenalBullyOne wrote:I like to know what other outlets are intrested in TNA Honstley. I am sure it could be a number of companies. I wounder if AMC is one of them.

Hey i like Championship Wrestling from Hollywood, leave mav tv alone. They can replace that show on pursuit channel though.
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:06 pm

Spudz wrote:

I am not even sure i have thoese channles on my cable provider i know MAV TV is on demand.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:15 pm

Swarles wrote:
    Spudz wrote:

Hey i like Championship Wrestling from Hollywood, leave mav tv alone. They can replace that show on pursuit channel though.

I just checked, MAVTV is a pay channel and Pursuit Channel isn't on my service. So looks like no matter what I won't be getting TNA.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:48 am