WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+11
Grant
Slayer
SBR
TeeBeeKay
Xero
JustSkiff
CapitalTTruth
WWF Attitude
Swarles
Spudz
MegaSuperUltraThingy
15 posters

KENTA contract signing in Osaka [OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL now]

MegaSuperUltraThingy
    MegaSuperUltraThingy

KENTA contract signing in Osaka [OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL now]  Empty KENTA contract signing in Osaka [OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL now]

Post by MegaSuperUltraThingy Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:19 am

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/487910681413296129

It kinda looks like they're going to be keeping his KENTA name. I know its waaaaaay early to say that, but when they signed Mistico in Mexico they introduced him as Sin Cara.

Spudz
    Spudz

KENTA contract signing in Osaka [OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL now]  Empty Re: KENTA contract signing in Osaka [OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL now]

Post by Spudz Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:55 am

Smilehttp://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/kenta-signed-japan-nxt-26474181

WWE®️ SIGNS JAPANESE STAR KENTA TO NXT®️

STAMFORD, Conn., July 12, 2014 – WWE (NYSE:WWE) today announced it has signed Kenta, one of Japan’s biggest stars, to its NXT division.  The announcement took place during a signing ceremony at a WWE Live Event in Osaka, Japan with WWE icon and Hall of Famer, Hulk Hogan presiding.

Kenta’s intense and straight forward in-ring style has led to his success in Japan, as well as during visits to the U.S.  He is expected to reach new heights of global success with WWE.

“Kenta is an incredible performer who brings the crowd to its feet when he steps into the ring”, said Paul Levesque, Executive Vice President, Talent, Creative and Live Events, WWE.  “WWE’s signing of Kenta reflects our continued dedication to creating a diverse roster that appeals to our global fan base.”

“I am humbled to join WWE’s NXT division and look forward to honing my craft with the global leader in sports entertainment,” said Kenta.

Kenta will relocate to Orlando, Florida where he will train at WWE’s state-of-the-art Performance Center to enhance his talents both athletically and creatively.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

KENTA contract signing in Osaka [OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL now]  Empty Re: KENTA contract signing in Osaka [OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL now]

Post by Swarles Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:52 am

come on WWE, it's KENTA. Turn that caps lock on.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:00 pm

I wonder if he screws up, will Hunico become the new KENTA?

But seriously, as skeptical as I am about how he'll be treated on the main roster, this should at least be interesting to see him mix it up with the guys on NXT.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:03 pm

This all seems too good to be true. I am cautiously SUPER EXCITED.

I am dreadfully waiting for the kimono and and conical hat though.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:10 pm

Guys just remember they gave Low Ki a shot, before he screwed it up.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:25 pm

Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:43 pm

I bet WWE is pissed they released Yoshi Tatsu before this
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:43 pm

So he will remain KENTA?
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:34 pm

It seems that way for now.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:14 pm

It'll be just Kenta without the caps.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:33 am

I want to be optimistic about this, but WWE's track record with Asian wrestlers is awful.

I selfishly hope that his time in NXT will be lengthy, because it's far more likely that he'll just get to have great matches on there.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:58 pm

Slayer wrote:I want to be optimistic about this, but WWE's track record with Asian wrestlers is awful.

I selfishly hope that his time in NXT will be lengthy, because it's far more likely that he'll just get to have great matches on there.

I am - as I said - in the same boat, but I do think there are some reasons to be optomistic. Lets face it, if you told many of us 6 years ago that Dragon, Claudio, Tyler Black, Moxley, and El Generico would all be under WWE contract and 4 of them would be more or less top guys on the main roster, laughs and "I wish" would be about all you would get. Granted, KENTA isn't coming from the indy scene, but that mentality of learn your craft the hard way is yielding great results and the E has proven somewhat more willing to give those guys a chance in recent years. As much as I hate to say it, it seems like HHH's influence.

I am not holding my breath for KENTA vs Dragon at Wrestlemania 32 or anything, but I am hopefully. Hopefully he gets to have some good matches in NXT and ultimately they figure out a way to bump him up to the main roster so as to not be comical.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:04 pm

Had WWE had a asian that been at KENTA level??

Remember Ultimo Dragon, wasn't the same guy in 2002-04 that he was from his J-Cup and WCW days.

Kenzo.. NOPE
    Taka... nope
    Funiaki.. nope
    Yang... nope
    Yoshi Tatsu..nope
    Closest would probably be Tajiri, and looking back I would say his time with WWE wasn't that bad.. he was used regularly and had a few title reigns.

If KENTA's knees can hold up, there no reasons he couldn't be on tv every week in a upper midcard- midcard role with tag, IC, US, titles wins..Maybe a NXT title reign before getting call up.

A lot of people seem to be ignoring that he's a Triple H guy..very doubtful he was signed with the thought of him only being a comedy ninja/job guy and not reaching above that.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:14 pm

That is a very fair point, but it isn't like the wwe has given us a lot of hope here. I mean this whole era of HHH guys is still relatively new. It isn't like it is a sure thing, especially with the economic situation that has driven vince back into creative a bit (vomit and poop jokes anyone?).

KENTA is an amazing talent and there is every reason to believe he can and should be successful, but I am with the group that is really reluctant to get their hopes up too much about this. TO be honest, I feel the same way about steen. I want it to be great, but I am in wait and see mode.

That all said, we all have to wait it out so this can and will go in circles.

On a different note, I hope KENTA becomes a Paul Heyman guy. He will need a mouthpiece eventually and Heyman is the only one that makes sense right now. Changes happen of course, but Heyman taking Kenta under his wing could be a lot of fun.
    Grant
    Grant

Post by Grant Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:26 pm

I'd like to see them handle Kenta the same way WCW handled Ultimo Dragon. Bill him as a huge international star, as one of the best, as one of the most exciting athletes in the world. Have Japanese photographers and journalists outside the arena waiting for an interview in segments. I'd even give him a Sonny Ono like manager. A business man, a translator and just generally someone that can be comical without making Kenta comical in the process.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:55 pm

Spudz wrote:Had WWE had a asian that been at KENTA level??

Remember Ultimo Dragon, wasn't the same guy in 2002-04 that he was from his J-Cup and WCW days.

Kenzo.. NOPE
    Taka... nope
    Funiaki.. nope
    Yang... nope
    Yoshi Tatsu..nope
    Closest would probably be Tajiri, and looking back I would say his time with WWE wasn't that bad.. he was used regularly and had a few title reigns.

If KENTA's knees can hold up, there no reasons he couldn't be on tv every week in a upper midcard- midcard role with tag, IC, US, titles wins..Maybe a NXT title reign before getting call up.

A lot of people seem to be ignoring that he's a Triple H guy..very doubtful he was signed with the thought of him only being a comedy ninja/job guy and not reaching above that.

Just to play devil's advocate, Sin Cara was a HHH guy too.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:57 pm

I think the fact that Sin Cara didn't go to NXT could have played a part in him being terrible.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:12 pm

Yeah but Sin Cara was pushed for a bit, he was just awful, so I feel like Kenta's gonna at least get a push and be given a chance and it just depends on if he can make it work or not
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:21 pm

Sin Cara(Mistico) also has a prima donna attitude where he didn't think he had to be in FCW/NXT, to learn english,etc which probably derail any plans along with the injuries. KENTA has already proven to be above that by agreeing to go to NXT for a bit.
    kingofswing
    kingofswing

Post by kingofswing Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:06 pm

Christ cries. Another life ruined.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:53 pm

Either way I'm still thinking of KENTA along the likes of a Low Ki instead of Akio, Tajiri, or Yoshi. And they gave Ki a few chances to do well.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:52 pm

from keepingthespiritalive.tumblr.com
    Following the WWE contract signing in Osaka, Japan on July 12th, KENTA was part of a public press event today at the Hard Rock Cafe in Roppongi, Japan.

He first stated that he was a bit nervous to attend the public contract signing with the Hulk Hogan and he tried his best to “keep his composure”. It was a great honor to stand in the ring with him and very special moment as well for himself.

KENTA said that he is working on “setting up his residence in Orlando, Florida and is looking forward to training in the WWE Performance Center.” That it is a “great facility with a lot of great equipment” and one that he does not mind starting from the bottom if that is what he gets to work with. He mentioned that he is still quite “inexperienced with the English language”, but it is currently his “biggest hard work in progress”.

As for his name, KENTA mentioned that is “solely in the WWE Headquarters hands.” He said that there is a “possibility” that his ring name will be changed, but stated with a smile that “any number of names with do”. Even something like a “TANAKA or TOYOTA” which he mentioned himself. He is prepared for anything. He also mentioned that he knows he will have to adjust his in-ring style and adapt to the changes. But that he will do his very best.

He also mentioned the names of Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) and Cesaro (Claudio Castagnoli) who have been in Japan and who have reached the top front of the WWE. He said that it it is reassuring to himself that there are talent that he personally knows in the WWE. He also mentioned John Cena and Rey Mysterio as wrestlers that the entire world knows, but at this time he has little expectations of being on that same level, he said with a laugh. He then said that WWE is the top of the wrestling organizations in the world and that it has been his dream to stand on the big stage, if just at least once in his life. He currently does not know what to expect now that the doors are open, but he will do his best from day one.

KENTA contract signing in Osaka [OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL now]  Tumblr_n8peafKujy1qj1jhno1_1280
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:26 pm

spudz wrote:He mentioned that he is still quite “inexperienced with the English language”, but it is currently his “biggest hard work in progress”.

enough said.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:30 pm

Triple H, Daniel Bryan, Cesaro and Seth Rollins on WWE’s signing of Kenta
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/superstars-on-kenta-26490548

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:22 pm