WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+6
CapitalTTruth
Swarles
Spudz
Xero
dragondragon
Joe5150
10 posters

WWE Stock crumbles: Company buys stock and wants new management

Joe5150
    Joe5150

WWE Stock crumbles: Company buys stock and wants new management  Empty WWE Stock crumbles: Company buys stock and wants new management

Post by Joe5150 Fri May 16, 2014 9:04 pm

- A private investment firm is making a move on WWE following their hefty stock drop today. Seeking Alpha reports that Lemelson Capital, LLC announced that they had purchased a stake in the company and were calling on the Board of Directors to replace the current executive management team due to "a period of consistent losses, execution issues and material misstatements."

The firm shorted the stock two months ago and reiterated that fair value of WWE's common stock is between $8.25 and $11.88 with with the current executive management team in place. They said in the statement, "WWE has affirmed that even with one million subscribers for its WWE network, the company stands to lose between $45 million and $52 million in FY 2014, which validates the original short thesis. This follows what we believe to be material misrepresentations by the company about both the performance and operating profit model of its WWE network, which the company has wrongly labeled 'a homerun'"

-------

Sounds like this firm wants Vince, Stephanie, Kevin Dunn, HHH, & who ever else is running the company out.

Since WWE is a public company, it actually could happen, I believe all it would take is a majority vote from the board of directors.
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

WWE Stock crumbles: Company buys stock and wants new management  Empty Re: WWE Stock crumbles: Company buys stock and wants new management

Post by dragondragon Fri May 16, 2014 9:53 pm

J-Double5150 wrote:- A private investment firm is making a move on WWE following their hefty stock drop today. Seeking Alpha reports that Lemelson Capital, LLC announced that they had purchased a stake in the company and were calling on the Board of Directors to replace the current executive management team due to "a period of consistent losses, execution issues and material misstatements."

The firm shorted the stock two months ago and reiterated that fair value of WWE's common stock is between $8.25 and $11.88 with with the current executive management team in place. They said in the statement, "WWE has affirmed that even with one million subscribers for its WWE network, the company stands to lose between $45 million and $52 million in FY 2014, which validates the original short thesis. This follows what we believe to be material misrepresentations by the company about both the performance and operating profit model of its WWE network, which the company has wrongly labeled 'a homerun'"

-------

Sounds like this firm wants Vince, Stephanie, Kevin Dunn, HHH, & who ever else is running the company out.

Since WWE is a public company, it actually could happen, I believe all it would take is a majority vote from the board of directors.

Nope. That's not all it's gonna take. Vince is way too proud and aggressive to let a majority company come out of nowhere and take him out of a 4 generation company. BUT nice try attempting to make it seem that easy.
    Xero
    Xero

WWE Stock crumbles: Company buys stock and wants new management  Empty Re: WWE Stock crumbles: Company buys stock and wants new management

Post by Xero Fri May 16, 2014 10:02 pm

WWE Stock crumbles: Company buys stock and wants new management  90Days_logo
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Fri May 16, 2014 10:04 pm

Would love to know who these people would want in to replace Vince & the rest of executive management with.
    Honestly if they were somehow voted out, the stock would be probably be worth less than a few dollars in a matter of hours.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri May 16, 2014 10:06 pm

If WWE network dies, fuck everything.
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Fri May 16, 2014 10:11 pm

Swarles wrote:If WWE network dies, fuck everything.

Would I ruin it then for you? How do you know I'm not in this company, besides the fact I don't remember their name?
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri May 16, 2014 10:16 pm

Guys it's a work, it will be revealed CM Punk is the CEO Lemelson Capital.
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Fri May 16, 2014 10:16 pm

You mean Titor
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Fri May 16, 2014 10:35 pm

THE NAME ON THE CONTRACT DOES SAY "MCMAHON" BUT IT SAYS:

WWE Stock crumbles: Company buys stock and wants new management  Hqdefault
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Fri May 16, 2014 11:20 pm

I admit that this has me a touch worried. I think things will eventually even out and the WWE will go through a period of not making the same profit they are used to. I do fear losing the network though. I am going to enjoy it while it exists.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sat May 17, 2014 12:23 am

the network will always exist, the question is how will it exist, they could increase the price, they could pull the PPVs off, they could pull just Wrestlemania off, they could do a lot of things to change the network, but I think they've put too much money into developing it to just get rid of it
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sat May 17, 2014 3:16 am

I'm going down with the WWE Network, they aint taking it away from me.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Sat May 17, 2014 6:11 am

Update: Vince and the other McMahon's aren't going wheres:

For the record, Vince McMahon owns 57% of WWE's Class A stock, and 87% of WWE's Class B stock, meaning he has roughly 82% of the voting power. So any outside group buying WWE stock and trying to influence change may be able to pressure WWE a bit, but Vince McMahon is pretty much untouchable right now given the number of shares he owns.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat May 17, 2014 8:43 am

J-Double5150 wrote:Update: Vince and the other McMahon's aren't going wheres:

For the record, Vince McMahon owns 57% of WWE's Class A stock, and 87% of WWE's Class B stock, meaning he has roughly 82% of the voting power. So any outside group buying WWE stock and trying to influence change may be able to pressure WWE a bit, but Vince McMahon is pretty much untouchable right now given the number of shares he owns.

Thank God for that. Say what you want about the McMahons, but can you imagine if some none wrestling people were at the helm? I think we all know how that turns out.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Sat May 17, 2014 12:33 pm

This topic has hurt my brain on facebook. It's crazy how many people are writing articles and commenting about it and truly don't know how public sharing works.

Especially the talk of majority vote kicking Vince out when Vince owns a majority of the shares.

I personally own a few shares of stock in WWE and if my finances were a little bit longer, I'd buy as much as I could right now.

WWE stock is typically at it's lowest point during this time of year. To buy now and sell after WrestleMania would be a nice profit.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Sat May 17, 2014 12:46 pm

Indy wrote:This topic has hurt my brain on facebook.  It's crazy how many people are writing articles and commenting about it and truly don't know how public sharing works.

Especially the talk of majority vote kicking Vince out when Vince owns a majority of the shares.

I personally own a few shares of stock in WWE and if my finances were a little bit longer, I'd buy as much as I could right now.  

WWE stock is typically at it's lowest point during this time of year. To buy now and sell after WrestleMania would be a nice profit.

^ THIS THIS THIS ^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:31 pm