WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+8
SBR
Xero
Stroke
RFSKannon
CapitalTTruth
The PhenomenalBullyOne
Swarles
Joe5150
12 posters

Vince isn't denying the rumors of selling the company

Joe5150
    Joe5150

Vince isn't denying the rumors of selling the company Empty Vince isn't denying the rumors of selling the company

Post by Joe5150 Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:08 pm

Vince McMahon is featured in a Forbes story that spotlights the WWE Network. Forbes notes that McMahon has never articulated a clear succession plan and notes that there are rumors he might sell the company. Comcast and Madison Square Garden Co. are listed as rumored suiters.

McMahon was described as being coy about whether the company will be run by another member of his family in the future. "I would like to see a degree of that," McMahon said. "I just think as times go on, things will evaporate. Eventually Uncle Sam sees the benefit. You can’t do anything without Uncle Sam taking a huge bite of it." Read the full interview at Forbes.com.

Powell's POV: The speculation of a sale continues. There was an odd rumor about AMC Networks attempting to acquire the company that was shot down earlier this month. However, McMahon certainly had an opportunity to squash all sale/merger rumors in the Forbes piece and never did, meaning it's definitely something to keep an eye on. It's a lengthy piece with plenty of quotes from Vince and is definitely worth reading.

-----

I really hope Comcast doesn't get it.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Vince isn't denying the rumors of selling the company Empty Re: Vince isn't denying the rumors of selling the company

Post by Swarles Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:24 pm

Dear Wrestling Companies,

Please stop selling yourselves to TV stations and/or media conglomerates. Maybe you should ask WCW or ROH how that's going for them.

Thanks,
    Wrestling Fans.
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Vince isn't denying the rumors of selling the company Empty Re: Vince isn't denying the rumors of selling the company

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:02 pm

First the rumours of Dixie Carter now Vince rumours?
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:55 am

I don't buy this right now. In a few years, maybe... but right now I don't think Vince has any intention of selling. Vince is a business man and he doesn't like cutting off options. Plus, a lot of the people interested in giving him a TV deal are the same people being talked about. What good would it do to say "never going to happen"?
    RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:39 pm

Key point here. When Vince took over the World Wrestling Federation from his father, he literally bought the company from him. I see this being the case when Steph/Triple H take over fully. Besides, why should Vince deny a rumor that is causing WWE stocks to skyrocket?
    Stroke
    Stroke

Post by Stroke Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:40 pm

Exactly. Vince has no reason to deny it, even it if's not true. All it takes is one buyer to throw a crapload of cash at him.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:08 pm

J-Double5150 wrote:Vince McMahon is featured in a Forbes story that spotlights the WWE Network. Forbes notes that McMahon has never articulated a clear succession plan and notes that there are rumors he might sell the company. Comcast and Madison Square Garden Co. are listed as rumored suiters.

McMahon was described as being coy about whether the company will be run by another member of his family in the future. "I would like to see a degree of that," McMahon said. "I just think as times go on, things will evaporate. Eventually Uncle Sam sees the benefit. You can’t do anything without Uncle Sam taking a huge bite of it." Read the full interview at Forbes.com.

Powell's POV: The speculation of a sale continues. There was an odd rumor about AMC Networks attempting to acquire the company that was shot down earlier this month. However, McMahon certainly had an opportunity to squash all sale/merger rumors in the Forbes piece and never did, meaning it's definitely something to keep an eye on. It's a lengthy piece with plenty of quotes from Vince and is definitely worth reading.

-----

I really hope Comcast doesn't get it.

Vince isn't denying the rumors of selling the company Ted-turner-reveals-his-biggest-business-regret-with-cnn
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:57 am

- Many people within the investment community are interpreting Vince McMahon's comments in a recent Forbes article, where he doesn't deny that WWE might be sold one day, as his willingness to sell the company or at least a major ownership stake. The belief is that he would likely put together a deal that kept him in charge but would monetize his ownership value for his family before he passes away.

Experts think that he should see the need to strike a deal in which he retains control but has the company in the hands of a suitable successor. The believe is that no one would replace him at the head of the company unless he was just too old to function at his job at that point in time.

Most are speculating that potential media partners who would fit best are Madison Square Garden and Liberty.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/318363/Investment-Experts-Believe-Vince-McMahon-Is-Willing-to-Sell-WWE.htm#7ClLix2Q03E0Bjxk.99
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:05 pm

JIM DOLAN NOOOOOO

Vince isn't denying the rumors of selling the company Lin4
    RefChrist
    RefChrist

Post by RefChrist Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:15 pm

#SAVEUSJARRETT
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:44 pm

RefChrist wrote:#SAVEUSJARRETT

Jarrett's new promotion was in fact the WWE this whole time. Good call Christ.
    RefChrist
    RefChrist

Post by RefChrist Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:53 pm

Do you have any clue how much I would mark out? I'm pretty sure my head would explode.

And I would probably have to get my Anti- WWE tattoo removed. LOL
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Let's not get crazy here, it would still suck
    PhenominalXX1
    PhenominalXX1

Post by PhenominalXX1 Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:39 pm

RefChrist wrote:
    And I would probably have to get my Anti- WWE tattoo removed. LOL
    wow
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:09 am

pics or it didn't happen.
    RefChrist
    RefChrist

Post by RefChrist Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:08 am

It was a joke... Thus the LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:14 am