WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+24
PhenominalXX1
RFSKannon
GolfClubNinja
BornToFail
Indy
RefChrist
kingofswing
Grant
TeeBeeKay
JustSkiff
Joe5150
Swarles
Slayer
CapitalTTruth
Spudz
2kNikk
phoynexz
Xero
dragondragon
Vipes
WWF Attitude
The PhenomenalBullyOne
Stroke
SBR
28 posters

WWE signings and releases

Slayer
    Slayer

WWE signings and releases - Page 12 Empty Re: WWE signings and releases

Post by Slayer Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:02 am

Very unfortunate that Shelton won't be coming back due to his torn rotator cuff.

Hopefully, there's still interest from WWE in signing him again when he heals from the injury, because it would be a shame if that's it for him as far as returning to WWE is concerned.
    Ben_Ditch05
    Ben_Ditch05

Post by Ben_Ditch05 Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:06 am

I'm pretty sure he's still under contract, the injury was discovered during WWE's medical tests and they're helping pay for the surgery and recovery. I doubt this will have any impact on his return unless the surgery goes wrong and he has to retire.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:18 pm

In addition to new WWE Cruiserweight Champion TJ Perkins, WWE.com confirmed six more names that will be joining Raw's upcoming cruiserweight division when it launches next Monday night.

Brian Kendrick
    Rich Swann
    Gran Metalik
    Cedric Alexander
    Lince Dorado
    Noam Dar
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:13 pm

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/shayna-baszler-eddie-kingston-attend-wwe-tryout

WWE signings and releases - Page 12 20160929_PerformanceCenter_Tryouts--4a796d3ddf5cbff1b06b75c99cc3b531
    Nearly 40 athletes, including Ronda Rousey teammate Shayna Baszler and independent wrestling veteran Eddie Kingston, reported today to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, for an invitation-only talent tryout.

In addition to 19 men, the camp will welcome 19 women and one female referee — the largest number of female prospects to ever attend a WWE tryout.

“The fact that this is the most women ever at a single tryout reflects the rise of the Women’s divisions in NXT and WWE,” said Canyon Ceman, WWE’s Vice President of Talent Development. “This tryout includes women from all over North America, and more female athletes have been invited to a European tryout in November and an Australian tryout in December.”

Baszler, who is nicknamed “The Queen of Spades,” previously fought in the UFC and is a member of MMA’s “Four Horsewomen” stable alongside Rousey. She also trained under former UFC fighter and New Japan wrestler Josh Barnett as well as catch-wrestling legend Billy Robinson, and has competed on the American independent wrestling scene for the past year.

Joining Baszler at the tryout are Heidi Lovelace, who has held titles in Illinois-based Shimmer Women Athletes and Ohio-based Absolute Intense Wrestling; Kimber Lee, who “Pro Wrestling Illustrated” ranked the 18th best women’s wrestler in the world in 2015; Nicole Savoy, Shimmer Wrestling’s current Heart of Shimmer Champion; and Su Yung, who formerly competed in Florida Championship Wrestling, the WWE developmental territory that predated NXT.

Among the male prospects attending the camp are “War King” (Eddie) Kingston, a 14-year veteran who has brawled against the likes of Kevin Owens, Dean Ambrose and Samoa Joe before they joined WWE; 6-foot-6, 300-pound Cedric Rougeau, the 23-year-old son of former WWE Superstar Jacques Rougeau; “Samoan Werewolf” Jacob Fatu, a member of the Anoa’i wrestling dynasty and son of The Tonga Kid; and Jeff Parker & Matt Lee, a Canadian tag team that faced The Revival on NXT TV in April.

The tryout also features a number of athletes from other sports, such as former Buffalo Bills fullback Corey Knox and sponsored endurance athlete Ella Anne Kociuba.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:59 pm

Jeff Parker & Matt Lee are 2(3).0
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:39 pm

I want Kingston to get signed because I have enjoyed his work throughout his career, but him doing scripted WWE promos might be brutal.

EDIT: also the female ref is apparently the one from big japan, which is crazy.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:07 pm

Am I crazy or do I not see Kingston in that picture
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:21 am

SBR wrote:Am I crazy or do I not see Kingston in that picture
    He's not .. I counted 35 in the picture, so there a few others not in in the group shot either but the .com article does have a picture of him there alone.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:48 pm

Swarles wrote:I want Kingston to get signed because I have enjoyed his work throughout his career, but him doing scripted WWE promos might be brutal.

EDIT: also the female ref is apparently the one from big japan, which is crazy.

How pissed do you think Hero would be if Kingston makes it.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:17 pm

haha
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:42 pm

Three internationally acclaimed Superstars have arrived at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Fla., to begin training.

Tom Budgen, Damian Mackle and Sarah Bridges — known around the world as Tommy End, Big Damo and “Crazy” Mary Dobson, respectively — are among the newest signees to WWE developmental contracts. Their official start in Orlando comes after months of speculation that all three were on their way to WWE and NXT.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/tommy-end-big-damo-and-crazy-mary-dobson-wwe-performance-center
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:00 pm

According to pwinsider, RD Evans aka Archibald Peck been working on the WWE creative team for some time now.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:57 pm

how bout that
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:59 pm

Well then!
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:08 am

So we can blaem Jimmy Jacobs and Archibald Peck for how bad RAW is...

That is a weird sentence.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:58 pm

WWE signings and releases - Page 12 022_PC_10192016sm_0186--e7509296340598b9c9e46b58044afe8f
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/wwe-performance-center-welcomes-new-class-recruits-october-2016
    WWE has announced that a new class of nine recruits, including a former NFL player, collegiate wrestler, U.S. Army veteran and talent from independent wrestling circuits, has begun training at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.

“WWE is constantly scouting the world for the most talented athletes and entertainers,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative. “This new class will have every opportunity to fulfill their dreams of becoming a WWE Superstar, as they train out of the WWE Performance Center in Orlando.”

The new training class includes:

Alvin Abitz (Fond du Lac, Wisconsin) — Standing 6-foot-6 and weighing 285 pounds, Abitz is an Army veteran with a rugby and kickboxing background.

Theophilus Agbi (Brooklyn, New York) – At 6-foot-5 and 270 pounds, Agbi attended Amherst College where he wrestled and was named to the NCWA All-American team in 2013 and 2015. Agbi graduated from Amherst College with a Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in French, as well as Law, Jurisprudence and Social Thought (LJST).  

Sarah Bridges (Sellersburg, Indiana) – Also known as “Crazy” Mary Dobson, Bridges trained out of the Kaientai Dojo in Japan. With four years of wrestling experience, Bridges has worked for Insane Championship Wrestling (ICW) in Scotland, HXC Wrestling in England, westside Extreme Wrestling (wXw) in Germany, and multiple companies in Japan. She was named to “Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s” top 50 list of female wrestlers in 2014 and 2015.

Demitrius Bronson (Gilbert, Arizona) – Standing 5-foot-11 and weighing 215 pounds, Bronson played running back for the Seattle Seahawks and Miami Dolphins. Prior to his NFL experience, he attended Eastern Washington University where he played football and earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology.

Tom Budgen (Amsterdam) – Also known as Tommy End, Budgen has extensive experience wrestling in the U.K., Europe, Japan and U.S. for Insane Championship Wrestling (ICW), PROGRESS Wrestling, westside Xtreme wrestling (wXw), EVOLVE, Pro Wrestling Guerilla (PWG) and Big Japan Pro Wrestling (BJW), where he has held multiple titles throughout his career.

Taynara Melo de Carvalho (Rio de Janeiro) – At 5-foot-6 and 125 pounds, Carvalho has a black belt in Judo and participated in the 2016 Olympic trials in Rio de Janeiro. She is fluent in Portuguese.

Victoria Gonzalez (Harlingen, Texas) – Standing 6 feet and weighing 175 pounds, Gonzalez trained out of the Gulf Coast Wrestling Alliance (GCWA) in Corpus Christi, Texas. Her father, Ricky Gonzalez, worked with WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels at the Texas Wrestling Academy (TWA) and made appearances for a variety of independent wrestling circuits. She is fluent in Spanish.

Chris Lindsey (Tampa, Florida) – Also known as Roderick Strong, Lindsey has trained with WWE Legend Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart and has more than 13 years of experience on the independent wrestling circuits with Ring of Honor (ROH), New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW), TNA, Dragon Gate, Pro Wrestling Guerilla (PWG) and EVOLVE. Strong has held multiple titles throughout his career including the world and tag team championships for ROH and PWG.

Damian Mackle (Belfast, Northern Ireland) – Also known as Big Damo, Mackle has trained with WWE Superstar Finn Bálor, WWE trainer Robbie Brookside and Johnny Moss of National Wrestling Alliance UK Hammerlock (NWA). He has had stints at Insane Championship Wrestling (ICW), Scottish Wrestling Alliance, New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) and TNA, holding multiple titles throughout his career.

The new class will join a group of more than 65 men and women training out of the WWE Performance Center.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:18 am

according to the latest newsletter written by Meltz..
    Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo have gotten offers to start in WWE in 2017 in the last week or two. Both told Stardom management about it this week. Shirai said she was going,

Hojo hasn't made a final decision and there is some question if she can pass the physical because she’s had two major concussions in the last two years. Stardom officials believe Shirai is gone for sure, but they are working to keep Hojo.
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:08 pm

IO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:14 pm

DAVE wrote:Jack Swagger has requested his release from WWE.

In an appearance on "Beyond the Fight" with Chael Sonnen on Wednesday, Swagger announced the news and said that his decision to leave the company was made because of a lack of opportunities in WWE and the sides being so far apart in contract negotiations.

"As of yesterday, Chael, I asked for my release from WWE," Swagger said. "It's still kind of an ongoing process right now. Basically, it came down to contract negotiations and we were way off. They didn't value me at what I thought I was valued at. So, you can be angry about it because wrestling is something that you get so passionate about, but this was a business decision. They weren't giving me the opportunity to make the full amount of income I could for my family, so when you put it like that it's time to go."

Swagger said that the start-and-stop nature of his booking was frustrating, but noted that it's something that happens all of the time and that there are two people in a room in WWE who determine who the best wrestlers are even though the crowd may like others more.

When asked what his plans are going forward, Swagger noted that he's young and is leaving because he wasn't getting opportunities. He said that he intends to keep wrestling and wants to go to Mexico, the UK, and Japan, but it would be hard to turn down a good offer to try out mixed martial arts.

Prior to requesting his release, Swagger had been relegated to only making appearances on house shows. He switched brands and joined the SmackDown roster after being drafted to Raw in last July's WWE draft, but hasn't appeared on TV in months following a brief feud with Baron Corbin.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:48 am

Swagger as a free agent should be interesting. If he has passion for the business (which i don't know if he does) I could see him becoming a new drew galloway on the indies.

Unfortunately though I'd say it's more likely he's like ryback and asks for an assload of money and only does a few shots here and there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:06 pm