WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+21
GenericMartini
2kNikk
dragondragon
Vipes
Grant
JustSkiff
phoynexz
Spudz
Xero
danhere
Indy
PhenominalXX1
RefChrist
Slayer
WhoBetta
CapitalTTruth
TeeBeeKay
Swarles
WWF Attitude
SBR
StylesClash
25 posters

Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

Post by CapitalTTruth Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:13 pm

You are a principled man and I admire that.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

Post by Slayer Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:56 pm

RefChrist wrote:Some of us still don't want to see him in a wwe box or on a dvd cover. I know I am unique in this around here but anything associated with the wwe needs to remain Sting free. I haven't yet bought a "best of WCW' Or "Best of nitro" or any of the wwe dvds about WcW too me that production just seems disrespectful to the memory. Like allot of things wwe has done. I will be proud of myself as a 90year old dieing man having never gave a Mcmahon a dime of my money.

To be fair, the WCW DVDs lately have been very complimentary of the product. They're usually hosted by a familiar WCW personality (DDP for the Nitro DVDs, and Dusty Rhodes for the Clash Of The Champions set), and really put over WCW's history.

WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:04 am

RefChrist wrote:As soon as I find out if Nitro and Thunder episodes will be available, I will order... The WcW pay per views will be worth the cost alone, since there are huge gaps in my collection,,, I cannot wait to see some of the pay per views show up.

Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed? - Page 2 Tumblr_msmds3aadY1qko5wdo1_250
    RefChrist
    RefChrist

Post by RefChrist Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:59 pm

Hahaha, Good one Attitude
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:39 pm

Sting has a new favorite number!
    http://instagram.com/p/mdWTqEHkei/#
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:33 pm

That looks more like Real Estate Steve.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:44 pm

Sucks to be him right now
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:56 am

I hate "Holy Shit" and "This is Awesome" chants.... ugh.

Look, I don't really want to see Taker back. I think he deserves to ride off into the sunset. If he did come back there would at least be some ambiguity as to who would win the match, now that the pressure of the streak is gone. Though having him lose to Sting would sort of undo a lot of the good that Brock could do with this rub.

Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:11 pm

from lordsofpain.net who copied it from the observer newsletter

Sting has indeed signed a deal with WWE. There's no word yet on details regarding what role he will play but he is scheduled to be on TV, but not right away.

It's said that the deal has been close to being done for a while but now it has been signed. Sting's assumption was that he would work with The Undertaker, which many expected, but that's up in the air with Taker's future now in question.

The deal includes Sting being on television, but whether that’s as a regular character or just to build for one match at next year’s WrestleMania, that isn’t clear. He obviously won't be a full-time wrestler
    phoynexz

Post by phoynexz Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:19 pm

Spudz wrote:from lordsofpain.net who copied it from the observer newsletter

Sting has indeed signed a deal with WWE. There's no word yet on details regarding what role he will play but he is scheduled to be on TV, but not right away.

It's said that the deal has been close to being done for a while but now it has been signed. Sting's assumption was that he would work with The Undertaker, which many expected, but that's up in the air with Taker's future now in question.

The deal includes Sting being on television, but whether that’s as a regular character or just to build for one match at next year’s WrestleMania, that isn’t clear. He obviously won't be a full-time wrestler

Well, I guess Sting realized that companies, like people, can change. WWE is not the sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, and more sex and drugs company they used to be.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:13 pm

Shit.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:37 am

Sting can renew his feud with Christian Cage.
    Grant
    Grant

Post by Grant Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:46 am

I'm not bothered by Sting coming in at all. As long as he's not a full time talent? I'm okay with it. A few big matches here and there, a DVD, a Hall of Fame nod? All for it. It's if he turns into a frequent squasher of young guys or starts winning titles that I'm uneasy about it. And I do most certainly fear a title run.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:15 am

I am betting on one to three (TOPS) matches. The DVD is the big payoff for me.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:36 pm

If WrestleMania XXX was indeed Undertaker's last match like many are speculating, then I have no idea who would be a good fit for Sting to work with. That's the only program that really makes any sense for him in the WWE, since Taker is one of the only few wrestlers left from the same era that fans wanted to see matchup.

WWE is clearly smart enough to not utilize Sting as a full-time wrestler. TNA made a huge mistake in overexposing him, thus making his diminishing his starpower as an attraction. While he is far past his prime, he definitely does need to have one or a few matches in this run, otherwise he just comes across as some random old guy to WWE fans that have never seen him before.

And it would be an absolute shame if Sting's final matches were those god-awful, overbooked messes he had with Magnus and EC3 in TNA.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:02 pm

Slayer wrote:If WrestleMania XXX was indeed Undertaker's last match like many are speculating, then I have no idea who would be a good fit for Sting to work with. That's the only program that really makes any sense for him in the WWE, since Taker is one of the only few wrestlers left from the same era that fans wanted to see matchup.

WWE is clearly smart enough to not utilize Sting as a full-time wrestler. TNA made a huge mistake in overexposing him, thus making his diminishing his starpower as an attraction. While he is far past his prime, he definitely does need to have one or a few matches in this run, otherwise he just comes across as some random old guy to WWE fans that have never seen him before.

And it would be an absolute shame if Sting's final matches were those god-awful, overbooked messes he had with Magnus and EC3 in TNA.
    Don't worry I'm sure any of the other once a year guys would be cool working sting. HHH, Rock, maybe even HBK comes out of retirement for a "dream" match.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:07 pm

Hogan vs Sting
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:12 pm

Sting v Shawne Merriman
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:03 pm

Sting Vs. Kane
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:08 am

Sting vs Fandango
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:40 pm

JustSkiff wrote:Sting can renew his feud with Christian Cage.

Will Cage bring in Steiner?
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:46 pm

2kNikk wrote:
    JustSkiff wrote:Sting can renew his feud with Christian Cage.

Will Cage bring in Steiner?

Tomko
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:23 pm

SATURDAY'S NEWS UPDATE

--An update on a story in the current Observer. On the Sting/WWE deal, WWE sent Sting his contract several days ago, but as of yesterday, he had not returned it. The belief is they were on terms and an agreement is in place, but as of yesterday, pen to paper on Sting's side hadn't been returned. There is no indication of any serious hold-up at least from the WWE side. Those in the company even before WrestleMania were working with the impression he was on board.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:38 pm

That potential Undertaker/Sting match lost a lot of steam this past Wrestlemania.  Maybe he's a little hesitant at this point.
    GenericMartini
    GenericMartini

Post by GenericMartini Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:31 pm

I think if anything the Sting/Taker match benefits from his loss. Puts a lot less pressure on Sting to show up and put on a decent match.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:04 pm