WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+2
CapitalTTruth
StylesClash
6 posters

Samoa Joe's Contract Expiring in 2014

StylesClash
    StylesClash

Samoa Joe's Contract Expiring in 2014 Empty Samoa Joe's Contract Expiring in 2014

Post by StylesClash Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:08 pm

TNAWrestlingNews.com wrote:Samoa Joe was a guest on Konnan’s latest podcast. Joe revealed that 2014 is the year his contract is set to expire, and he’s talked with John Gaburick about having a bigger role in TNA this year.

Joe re-signed with TNA in December 2010 after signing a short-term extension, so assuming its was a three year deal, his contract doesn't go out till the end of the year, but it'll be interesting to see how TNA goes with Joe after letting AJ leave.

Joe has been dragged and tossed around throughout the last few years in TNA and really needs some type of guidance going into this year to amount to anything. He has so much potential and could really be the big face of TNA that they desperately need. I'm just interested to see if TNA is smart enough to build him up again.

Thoughts?
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Samoa Joe's Contract Expiring in 2014 Empty Re: Samoa Joe's Contract Expiring in 2014

Post by CapitalTTruth Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:13 pm

I think one of two things will happen.

1) They will smarten up, push him, resign him, and then realize he is safely under contract and get lazy again. He will stick around in TNA, have a great match or two a year, and then who knows what happens in a few years.

2) TNA will look at this as a way to save some money and let him walk into the indies, which could probably give Joe a pretty penny for a few years. PWG, ROH, Evolve, maybe NJPW, and other various indy promotions could really use a jolt of Joe.

I don't know which one would be better for Joe and I hope he gets what ever he wants and is best for him. Selfishly, I'd love to see him return to indy work. Sure he could be the face of TNA, but I don't trust TNA. He will contribute more quality work to the world of wrestling and its history in smaller promotions that believe in him and his work.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Samoa Joe's Contract Expiring in 2014 Empty Re: Samoa Joe's Contract Expiring in 2014

Post by Swarles Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:21 pm

I mean he's not going to WWE. So you'd think Joe would be a lock. But they couldn't even resign Mr. TNA AJ Styles. So I'd imagine he'll be hitting up the indies again.
    WhoBetta
    WhoBetta

Post by WhoBetta Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:20 pm

TNA will re-sign him. Push him hard for 3-4 weeks. Then forget to book him for 6-8 weeks. Then he lingers in the midcards, only popping up on TV every once in a while to lose to TNA newest flavor of the week.
    StylesClash
    StylesClash

Post by StylesClash Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:06 pm

Honestly during Magnus's reign would be the time to push him to the main event. The had the history as tag team champions together, then Joe had the feud over the TV title against Magnus, in which Magnus never beat him. If you play this up that Magnus could beat any man, but Joe, and have Joe win a non-title match against Magnus, followed by matches of Dixie's Crew despite heavy interference, you could build him back up into the dominating monster again.

Then its up to you, do you have him take the title from Magnus, have Magnus win CLEANLY and finally look like a credible champion, or be TNA's usual self and not even interest the idea of having a credible heel champion
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:12 pm

He will be on the indies soon.
    contagioustruth

Post by contagioustruth Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:12 am

Ummm... Joe (with Angle in his corner) takes on Magnus (and the entire heel roster) in a No DQ match, loses and has to quit after all, then Angle gets his shot (with who cares in his corner?) under the same conditions and loses, and finally MVP brings them all back as Team MVP for a "don't call it Survivor Series" match at Slammiversary against some of the heels and they all get their contracts back?
    contagioustruth

Post by contagioustruth Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:12 am

Alternately, maybe Joe's comment at the end of Impact that he and Angle are going to be around "for a loooong time" indicated he's already signed another extension?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:00 pm