WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+16
BornToFail
Grant
Vipes
JustSkiff
Joe5150
RFSKannon
WWF Attitude
GolfClubNinja
Oblivious1
WhoBetta
Swarles
CapitalTTruth
Slayer
SBR
TeeBeeKay
Spudz
20 posters

NXT Weekly Thread

Vipes
    Vipes

NXT Weekly Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: NXT Weekly Thread

Post by Vipes Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:15 am

Riley would have been much better served if that match had been at Full Sail. At least he would have had a chance at a reaction before Owens mopped the floor with him. And I too loved the added touch of Owens getting one more stomp in on Riley as he's running away.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:14 am

SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:47 pm

NXT this week was FUCKING GREAT guys. They showed the Neville/Itami, Balor/Breeze and Balor/Itami matches from Axxess, showed highlights of the SJSU show and then a 10+ minute documentary on Itami.

I know the last couple of weeks of NXT have been really slow and stuff but seriously, go out of your way to see this week.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:50 am

It was a cool and different show, but the Axxess setting didn't look so great on TV, hence why they cut entrances from the matches.

Nice to see Itami get some spotlight. He really lost a lot of steam after Balor came in as the hot new thing in town, so he's needed something to get some momentum. I also feel that he's starting to gel in the WWE environment as of late. His recent feud with Tyler Breeze has made for some very good matches, and you can see him adapting his in-ring work quite smoothly into the fabled "WWE style."
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Thu May 28, 2015 9:23 am

So this is a very interesting and great direction for NXT to be heading in:

NXT Weekly Thread - Page 5 20150526_aftershock_EP_LIGHT-hp

Aftershock is an annual festival held every Fall in Sacramento, CA. This year's line-up features the likes of Slipknot, Faith No More, Deftones, Marliyn Manson, and Jane's Addiction as some of the top acts.

NXT's going to be having matches throughout both days of the festival. Hopefully, if this goes well, they'll do more things like this in the future. It's a great way to gain more exposure, as Rock/Heavy Metal has a ton of cross-over potential with pro wrestling.

I would totally go to this, if it weren't for the fact that Slipknot's Knotfest is happening the same weekend and is being held in San Bernadino (about a 30-minute drive for me). Also, Sacramento is about an 8 hour drive.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat May 30, 2015 3:36 pm

There is a NXT house show 20 mins from my house tonight. Probably would have missed it had I not checked twitter earlier today. Just bought a GA ticket since gold circle was already gone, but it's literally in a community center so I'm going to guess the view will be fine.
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Sat May 30, 2015 6:29 pm

Swarles wrote:There is a NXT house show 20 mins from my house tonight. Probably would have missed it had I not checked twitter earlier today. Just bought a GA ticket since gold circle was already gone, but it's literally in a community center so I'm going to guess the view will be fine.

Jealous.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat May 30, 2015 10:14 pm

Don't be, not a good show tonight.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sat May 30, 2015 11:19 pm

House shows are usually meh. I only went to my last one because it was at an outdoors venue.
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Sat May 30, 2015 11:25 pm

Swarles wrote:Don't be, not a good show tonight.

Not as good as the one we went to? Bull vs Crow man.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat May 30, 2015 11:36 pm

2kNikk wrote:
    Swarles wrote:Don't be, not a good show tonight.

Not as good as the one we went to? Bull vs Crow man.

I just wrote a little report and sent it to Meltzer(he was asking for one on twitter). Tell me how this sounds:

Not the best of shows tonight, the injuries and call ups have definitely taken a toll on the roster. This was NXT's first show in Venice, FL. They drew a good crowd of about 500 people (pretty full for the venue and area) that were into almost everything.

-Mojo Rawley def. Chad Gable - Mojo did a lot of dancing and comedy. Mojo won with the pounce.
    -The Vaudevillians def. Dawkins and Fulton
    -They did an in ring interview with former Buccaneer turned WWE developmental wrestler Sabby Piscitelli. He was interrupted by Preston Cunningham. It wasn't much of a segment.
    -Marcus Louis def Tucker Knight(I think) - Louis is still bald and was wearing slacks so he basically looked like Kane. Match killed the crowd and was pretty terrible. Louis won by submission after working the leg all match.
    -6 Diva tag - Charlotte, Carmela and Devin def Sasha Banks, KC Cassidy and Jesse McKay - Crowd woke back up for this one, they were really into Charlotte. Fun match, Charlotte picked up the win with the natural selection.
    -Intermission
    -Bull Dempsey def Mike Raliss - Bull was over as a babyface and he won with a top rope seated senton type move (Think Doink's old whoopee cushion).
    -Solomon Crowe def Tye Dillinger - Dillinger cut a pretty good promo before the match. Crowe won with the stretch muffler.
    -Greg interviewed Uhaa Nation. They announced him as Uhaa Nation, so that's his name for now. He talked about his up bringing and how hard he worked to make it to NXT.
    -Becky Lynch def Lina Fanene - First time seeing Lina, did not realize how big she is. Lina mostly stood in the middle of the ring while Becky bumped for her. Becky won with an armbar.
    -Main Event: Finn Balor, Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady def Baron Corbin, Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder - Fun match with lots of comedy and high flying to send the crowd home happy. Balor got the win with the coup de grâce.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sun May 31, 2015 12:21 am

Sounds good to me(the report, not the show)
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sun May 31, 2015 12:29 am

lol yea i was asking how you guys thought the show sounded. I tried not to put a lot of opinion into the report, but i thought the show was not good at all really.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sun May 31, 2015 1:37 am

TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sun May 31, 2015 1:39 am

Does this mean wrestleconnect can finally get in the war between dirt sheetz now?
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sun May 31, 2015 9:34 am

I hope I get nasty tweets from Billy corgan, that would make my day
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sun May 31, 2015 7:53 pm

I mean the main event sounds great.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:32 pm

July 4th Live from Tokyo Japan on the WWE Network Kevin Owens defends his nxt title against Finn Balor!!!!!

HOLY SHIT!!!!! Balor gets to win the title as the demon in Japan, amazing
    Stroke
    Stroke

Post by Stroke Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:31 am

TeeBeeKay wrote:July 4th Live from Tokyo Japan on the WWE Network Kevin Owens defends his nxt title against Finn Balor!!!!!

HOLY SHIT!!!!! Balor gets to win the title as the demon in Japan, amazing

Probably was going to be Hideo before the injury pale . Still, good for Finn.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:35 am

There is also gonna be Lesnar vs Kofi on that show. So might be the best special event ever. Also it starts at 6:30am eastern.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:40 am

Its a good warmup for NJPW fans considering Dominion is the next day, and G1 is like the rest of the month, I'm never going to sleep again
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:42 am

Breakfast chat for the special. I'll bring the bacon and eggs.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:51 am

I'll bring the beer
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:21 pm

Anyone watch NXT last night?

Zack Ryder & Mojo make an entertaining team, especially when you got Patrtiot's Rob Gronkowski & the rest of Mojo's entourage in the audience going nuts the whole time.

Baron Corbin still has yet to impress me. The guy needs a gimmick change or something. He reminds me of Undertaker, when he was in WCW and sucked.

Good little matches to hype up Becky Lynch has a big time babyface and Emma as a heel.(Also, alway's good to see Blue Pants on my screen)

Nice in-ring debut for Samoa Joe. Would have like to see more of his signature moves, but I get they are saving those for his bigger matches. Speaking of which, Samoa Joe vs Kevin Owens next week, fuck yes.

Side-note: I hope CFO$ is working on a new Samoa Joe theme, because his weird soft funk music doesn't fit him AT ALL. It reminds me of when Monty Brown came to WWE.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:24 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:26 pm