WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+10
GenericMartini
Oblivious1
dragondragon
WWF Attitude
TeeBeeKay
WhoBetta
CapitalTTruth
JustSkiff
Swarles
SBR
14 posters

Chikara Thread

JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Chikara Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Chikara Thread

Post by JustSkiff Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:22 am

Basically he said that they (Chikara) were aware they were going to lose people with this storyline and that he was okay with it because the seeds have been planted for the "shutdown" for a while now. Quack views pro wrestling as a performance art and the more you pay attention to the little things, the more rewarding the outcomes become.

He then said season 14 is a perfect starting point for anybody that wants to get into Chikara. They aren't going to discard anything that happened in the past, but they are coming back with a new, different stage. He said there may not be plans for the Rey de Voladores, King of Trios and YLC right away, but they may be back down the road. He went on to say the company never made enough to pay anybody a living wage and the only way to get to that point is to bring in new fans, and the only way to do that is to grow.

He also mentioned his wife has always been supportive of his creative endeavors, killing off the divorce rumor. He said it was hurtful to see the rumors being thrown around, but he had to keep the radio silence to bring out the dark emotions and foster the "Chikara can't possibly survive" mentality to make the payoff work.

He and Mike then talked about if he's going to comeback wrestling wise and Quack did the usual "never say never" routine, but mentioned his tag match with Liger is the last one at this time. He said Chikara will not be back before May 25th, so it won't be around for Wrestlemania weekend.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:52 pm

Do you still want it?
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:58 pm

yes plz
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:03 pm

Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:09 pm

Totally worked.

SBR WINS MVP 2014, CLOSE THE POLLS NOW.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:17 pm

Was there anything I need to know that wasn't in that quote I posted?
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:36 pm

I don't even think thats a recap of the same interview. But either way, no, you don't really need to listen to it. I just wanted to.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:48 pm

Art of Wrestling 185 w/ Quack is also up today.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:58 pm

Because I'm cool I received a letter that said Believe and then had the date 5/25/14 signed by Bryce. So that was kind of cool. It also came with an I AM CHIKARA sticker.

I believe they sent them to most people that participated in the whole gimmick thing while they were shut down.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:29 pm

i am no longer cool.

I don't know how to deal with this news.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:55 pm

Quack on AOW pretty much said he didn't want Chikara to be vanilla and I finally got it. ROH is vanilla and I no longer watch it. Quack keeps things interesting, I appreciate it.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:46 pm

For anyone confused CHIKARA has posted a 3 page (I know, it's really short) recap.

http://www.chikarapro.com/part-one.php
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:49 pm

New dates for Chikara

June 21st in Chicago
    June 22nd in Detroit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably going to the Detroit show for sure, might hit up the Chicago show based on the card
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:34 pm

Expansion pack and YOLT tickets have been purchased, anyone looking for theirs should expect them in the next few weeks (end of March) according to the chikara twitter page.

I'm so excited I cant even.
    Oblivious1
    Oblivious1

Post by Oblivious1 Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:28 pm

Ill b in Detroit for Goldfinger...shame front row sold out already.
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:33 pm

Yeah, only got ga for Easton but I'm excited for the expansion pack, no earthly idea what it is, but it should be great.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:12 pm

So they're going to run Tampa again right?
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:19 pm

Nothing past June yet
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:19 pm

They're totally not running Tampa again.
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:23 pm

Swarles wrote:They're totally not running Tampa again.

Doubt it highly, since I believe they're only doing one show in NY.

I think this is Quack's "I'm staying home basically" year. Which sucks for you, but is awesome for me. ^.^
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:36 am

They already announced Midwest dates.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:19 am

http://www.tencentticker.com/projectrooftop/2014/03/31/project-rooftop-partners-with-wrestling-promotion-chikara-for-re-create-a-wrestler-design-contest/

Chris A. wrote:Project: Rooftop Partners With Wrestling Promotion CHIKARA for “Re-Create A Wrestler” Design Contest!

The avant garde of professional wrestling partners with the premiere superhero fashion site to invite artists to redesign four wrestlers!

Project: Rooftop is proud to announce a new contest that bridges the gap between superheroes and professional wrestling: to redesign four of the wrestlers from the American wrestling organization CHIKARA. This unique contest, done in partnership with CHIKARA, will be hosted at BleedingCool.com. Artists are invited to redesign the wrestling characters Hallowicked, Icarus, Equinox and the Shard, part of a large cast of characters that perform under the CHIKARA banner. Artists are encouraged to submit their own rendition of any or all of these four CHIKARA characters to be spotlighted on BleedingCool.com and to be reviewed by a slate of all-star judges from comics and wrestling.

“The flavor of wrestling we make at CHIKARA is akin to a comic book come to life; we draw constant, regular inspiration from the medium and our love of comics permeates even the smallest details of our universe,” says CHIKARA’s founder, Mike Quackenbush. “There are so many points of intersection between these worlds, and costuming is a fascinating point from which to explore that.”
    Quackenbush will lead a slate of judges to include comics writer and editor (and alum of Marvel & WWE) Aubrey Sitterson, former Marvel & DC editor Ruben Diaz, comics writer Vito Delsante and comics journalist and P:R co-founder Chris Arrant.

”The connection between the superhero genre and pro-wrestling runs deep on both sides of the fence, and I’m excited for this unique opportunity with CHIKARA,” Arrant says. “It’ll be interesting to see how artists take their design skills and translate it to these wrestling super-heroes and super-villains who perform live.”

CHIKARA will be providing prize packages for the top 3 scoring entries for each of the four wrestling characters, including tickets to live events, CHIKARA t-shirts and DVDs, as well as a grand prize for the top entry for each character – the winner will be hired (and paid) to provide illustrated work in an upcoming CHIKARA comic collection. Aubrey Sitterson, who has edited comics for Marvel as well as The Walking Dead, has also offered to do an online portfolio review for the highest-scoring entries for each wrestling character.

Artists may submit multiple designs for each of the four wrestling characters, but they will be judged on a one-by-one basis. Reference photos for these four wrestlers available here. Send your submission as a .jpg, .,png or .gif with your full name as the file name. Send your submission as an attachment to recreateawrestler@gmail.com with the subject line being “Re-Create A Wrestler,” and make sure to include your name and website in the body of the e-mail. Deadline is Monday, May 2 at 5pm Eastern.
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Chikara Thread - Page 2 Empty Chikara: YOLT Updates and such

Post by dragondragon Fri May 16, 2014 9:50 pm

I'm going, you aren't (although you're watching on ippv..) so here's the card so far

1 Rematch a year in the making!: Last of a Dying Breed EDDIE KINGSTON (c) vs. the Winged Ring Warrior ICARUS for the grand championship
    2. THE BATIRI vs SINN BODHI and his ODDITORIUM
    3. JERVIS COTTONBELLY vs JUAN FRANSISCO de Coronado
    4. THE SPECTRAL ENVOY vs. DIE BRUDERSHAFT des KREUZES
    5. ARCHIBALD PECK vs JIMMY JACOBS
    6. 4-Corner Tag Match: 3.0 vs PIECES of HATE vs THE GEKIDO (deviANT & 17) vs Winner of TWGP

And I believe we have one more match. I'm also attending the expansion pack, so I'll let you in on that (perhaps vaguely if it kicks too much ass).

Chikara is proving they have more common sense than ROH by actually bringing uninterruptible power sources to Easton on the 25th, so the ippv should be pretty seamless.

Any initial thoughts from you guys? Looks like a pretty solid show, with some old and new faces thrown in (it's jfdc's chikara debut) so I'm pretty excited.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri May 16, 2014 10:07 pm

Not gonna lie, that card doesn't interest me in the slightest.
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Fri May 16, 2014 10:10 pm

Small favor: move to indies if you can.. I done Effed up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:00 pm