WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+19
dragondragon
Vipes
Spudz
contagioustruth
JustSkiff
The PhenomenalBullyOne
WhoBetta
Joe5150
WWF Attitude
StylesClash
PhenominalXX1
RefChrist
Indy
Xero
Stroke
SBR
CapitalTTruth
Swarles
TeeBeeKay
23 posters

Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread

Post by Swarles Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:52 pm

Cornette's involved?

Well this was fun. RIP GWF.
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:08 pm

gg no re GFW.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:31 pm

So I guess we won't be getting any of the guys still working IWA:MS. Sorry Trik Davis, you're not in the database.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:58 pm

from hollywoodreporter.com

The Biggest Loser creator Dave Broome is getting into a new ring.

'Biggest Loser' Producer Inks Overall Deal With Sony
    Mark Burnett Bringing Lucha Libre Wrestling to El Rey Network
    ION Enters Pro-Wrestling Ring with 'WWE Main Event'

Broome and his 25/7 Productions banner is teaming with Jeff Jarrett's new wrestling venture Global Force Wrestling to executive produce new matches as well as unscripted programming, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Jarrett founded TNA Wrestling, which has aired on Spike TV for years. He's a third-generation wrestling promoter and an executive producer who has produced shows for Fox Sports, Spike and Endemol. He and his wife, Karen, have been laying the foundation for GFW since January, when their efforts -- along with country singer Toby Keith -- to buy TNA fizzled.(It's unclear what involvement, if any Keith will have with the new league.)

PHOTOS: Broadcast TV's Returning Shows 2014-15

The new Global Force Wrestling league, which already has more than 500 performers with additional announcements planned as more deals are finalized, will see Jarrett again bring wrestling to the small screen. Jarrett is considered to be wrestling's second-most-well-known promoter behind Vince McMahon.

GFW will compete with WWE and TNA, with Jarrett and Broome currently shopping TV rights to matches -- which will air both live and live-to-tape -- as well as unscripted fare. So far, Broome tells THR, interest has been high from both major broadcast and cable networks for the new league. The duo is currently meeting with network executives on both the East and West Coast as they shop the league and its likely lucrative TV rights.

"Wrestling pulls in massive numbers, has a huge fan base and networks are realizing that it's great entertainment," he tells THR.

Broome said the plan is to have new GFW content on the air 52 weeks per year as the upstart league looks to compete with more well-known TNA and WWE. The producer behind such live events including NBC's Tsunami AID: A Concert of Hope says GFW will cater to a worldwide audience and feature both well-known wrestlers as well as the best up-and-comers from all over the world.

Broome's deal -- which was set in motion before his overall pact with Sony Pictures Television -- will include live events, unscripted and reality fare.

"It just won't be a bunch of wrestling matches; we have exciting announcements to come. TNA or WWE right now is match after match after match. Global Force Wrestling is not going to do that. There will be matches but there will be a lot more and a lot more variety placed into the actual events that will be really innovative and fresh," he says.

"We're excited to enter this journey with a group as talented as Dave Broome and 25/7," GFW founder Jarrett said. "They've achieved some great things over the past decade and we feel like they can lend a unique perspective both in and out of the ring."

In addition to The Biggest Loser, which is now in its 15th season on NBC and is broadcast in more than 90 countries around the world, Broome's credits also include digital series for AOL and a sports documentary for Netflix
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:39 pm

Announcement: Some dude is gonna try to get us on TV.
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:38 pm

This guy hasn't done wrestling. That's all I'm reading
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:00 pm

This sounds like it could be epicly train wreck bad. Live Wrestling Rifftrax for every GWF show!

Oh, and Grant? We need more of those GWF roster pics. You KNOW Mantaur is all lined up as Jarrett's next big signing.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:36 pm

TNA or WWE right now is match after match after match.

We must not be watching the same WWE or TNA

Global Force Wrestling is not going to do that. There will be matches but there will be a lot more and a lot more variety placed into the actual events that will be really innovative and fresh

Good all those pesky matches just get in the way
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:55 pm

Source:  http://www.examiner.com/article/jeff-jarrett-reported-altercation-at-iwa-mid-south-show
    According to sources former NWA/TNA world championJeff Jarrett allegedly knocked the glasses of the son ofIWA Mid-South promoter Ian Rotten after not getting his promised pay from the often embattled promoter.
    Reports coming out of the promotion say Jarrett was given half his draw at the show and promised the remaining amount to be paid "in two to three days." This allegedly sent Jarrett into a rage where is he alleged to have been screaming and cursing at many in the locker room and then directed his rage against the 17 year old son of Rotten, John Calvin. Sources say Jarrett either slapped John Calvin and knocked his glasses off or snatched them off his face during his rant and attempted to "hold them hostage to the point of breaking them," before calming down.
    "Jeff and Karen Jarrett were both intoxicated," promoter Ian Rotten said. "I have a locker room full of people to back me up on that."
    Rotten has tried to redeem himself and the IWA Mid-South promotion over the course of the last year after having been mostly absent from the indie scene since a disastrous appearance on "And Then the Bell Rings" radio show in March of 2011.
    The IWA Mid-South had seen somewhat of a resurgence of late drawing consistent, yet not great, crowds in southern Indiana but still the rumors of wrestlers not being paid or paid what was promised still hounded Rotten.
    "He is never going change brother, hell, he still owes me $50 from a show," an indie veteran said.
    There is not only one to be owed money, a number of other indie superstars have once again vowed never to work for Rotten again after not getting what they had been promised.
    "I am embarrassed," Rotten said. "I know it sounds incredibly stupid but we forgot to get the advance out ofPayPal."
    Rotten, while he has his detractors, still has his supporters and has often been called the "Svengali" of professional wrestling for the way he can continue to convince people to work for the IWA Mid-South while continuing to seemingly have money woes.
    One wrestler, who asked not to be identified, said Jarrett was "out of control" at one point and that Karen Jarrett was almost egging him on by threatening to go to the ring while wrestler Drake Younger was doing an interview to interrupt and "expose" Rotten.
    "Jeff Jarrett will get his money in a couple of days as promised and he can use it for a defense attorney because I will be going to the sheriff tomorrow (Monday) to swear out a warrant for assault on a minor," Rotten said.
    As word of this incident grows and if proven true and whether or not Rotten does eke out a criminal complaint, this kind of publicity is not what Jarrett's new Global Force Wrestling needs.
    Attempts to reach either Jeff or Karen Jarrett for comment have been unsuccessful as of press time.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:01 am

Jeff Jarrett getting drunk and smacking the glasses off a minor (then holding them hostage) at an Ian Rotten-promoted show.

The bar has been raised on classy affairs, ladies and gentlemen.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:41 pm

Man in 48 hours Jarrett/GWF is linked to Cornette and Ian Rotten. Jeff is really going after all the promoting greats. Watch out WWE!
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:01 pm

Swarles wrote:Man in 48 hours Jarrett/GWF is linked to Cornette and Ian Rotten. Jeff is really going after all the promoting greats. Watch out WWE!

Cornette isn't bad, but fuck Rotten? That's like telling talent you'll pay insurance then lighting them on fire
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:48 pm

Cornette adds nothing in 2014. He almost killed ROH. (He successfully did for me)
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:51 pm

SBR wrote:Cornette adds nothing in 2014. He almost killed ROH. (He successfully did for me)
    I'm not saying give him that big of a role, but I understand what you're saying, these guys are fucked.
    Grant
    Grant

Post by Grant Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:04 am

Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread - Page 5 GFW4_zps6fda4a01

Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread - Page 5 GFW5_zpsf34a0a5f

Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread - Page 5 GFW6_zpsc9f0523f

Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread - Page 5 GFW7_zps15dd78de
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:17 am

Jeff Jarrett, teddy hart(?), duff man, Konnan and Karen Jarrett holding a burger in a whorish way?

You're a god. Also, is this WSX meets uwf?
    Stroke
    Stroke

Post by Stroke Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:25 am

Duff Man! Oh Yeah!
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:49 am

I can't wait for the team of Duff Man and Teddy Hart to win the tag titles. Hell, I hope they win everything.

And Grant? Bless you sir! Don't ever stop making these.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Mon May 05, 2014 4:48 pm

2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Wed May 07, 2014 11:26 pm

Stroke
    Stroke

Post by Stroke Thu May 08, 2014 12:35 am

Motherfuckers!
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Jeff Jarrett's GFW Thread - Page 5 Empty Scott D'Amore joins Global Force

Post by Joe5150 Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:12 pm

WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:28 pm

ok so this is actually a good move.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:29 pm

I love me some D'Amore.

I'll admit, I hope this is all legit and that they are trying to build a promotion like this. I really hope this isn't a TNA hook.

Alas, I fear the worst.
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:07 am

CapitalTTruth wrote:I love me some D'Amore.

I'll admit, I hope this is all legit and that they are trying to build a promotion like this. I really hope this isn't a TNA hook.

Alas, I fear the worst.

I think D'Amore is a quality guy to have backstage but there's no denying they want to play on the Team Canada nostalgia.

Is that a thing? If so I have it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:43 pm