WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+9
Slayer
RefChrist
TeeBeeKay
CapitalTTruth
danhere
Indy
Swarles
SBR
Joe5150
13 posters

The Complete WWE Network FAQ

Joe5150
    Joe5150

The Complete WWE Network FAQ Empty The Complete WWE Network FAQ

Post by Joe5150 Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:49 pm

1. What is WWE Network?
    WWE Network is a 24/7 streaming service with both scheduled programming and an on-demand library. WWE Network will include all 12 WWE live pay-per-view events including WrestleMania 30, groundbreaking original series, reality shows and documentaries, and the most comprehensive video-on-demand library featuring all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views and classic matches uncut and uncensored as well as replays of Raw and SmackDown episodes. Additional programming, including a live daily studio show coming this summer, and video-on-demand content will be added regularly.

2. How much will a subscription to WWE Network cost?
    A monthly subscription to WWE Network is $9.99 per month (plus tax where applicable) with a 6-month commitment.

3. How do I purchase WWE Network?
    To subscribe to WWE Network, go to WWE.com beginning Monday, February 24 at 9:00 a.m. ET.

4. When can I buy WWE Network?
    Monday, February 24 at 9:00 a.m. ET.

5. When will WWE Network be available?
    Live programming on WWE Network will begin on Monday, February 24 at 11:06 pm ET with a live post-show immediately following Monday Night Raw. Video-on-demand programming will be available immediately at 9:00 a.m. ET.

6. What devices will WWE Network be available on?
    WWE Network will be available on desktops and laptops via WWE.com. On February 24, WWE Network will also be available through the WWE App on: Amazon’s Kindle Fire devices; Android devices such as Samsung Galaxy; iOS devices such as Apple iPad and iPhone; Roku streaming devices; Sony PlayStation® 3 and Sony PlayStation® 4; and Xbox 360. Availability on additional devices, including Xbox One and select Smart TVs, will follow this summer. For more information, go to wwe.com/devices.

7. If I already have the WWE App, do I need to update it to watch WWE Network?
    The WWE App will automatically update on iOS and Android-powered mobile devices to play WWE Network. To watch on connected devices such as Roku streaming devices, Sony PlayStation® 3 and Sony PlayStation® 4 and Xbox 360, you must download the new WWE App, which will be available on Monday, February 24.

8. How can I pay for WWE Network?
    WWE Network can be paid for with a credit card (e.g. American Express, Discover, Master Card, Visa) or through a Pay Pal account.

9. How and when will I be billed for WWE Network?
    You will automatically be billed $9.99 every month (plus tax where applicable). The charge will show up on your bill as “WWE Network Subscription.”

10. What content will I find on WWE Network?
    WWE Network is a 24/7 streaming service with both scheduled programming and an on-demand library. WWE Network will include all 12 WWE live pay-per-view events including WrestleMania 30, groundbreaking original series, reality shows and documentaries, and the most comprehensive video-on-demand library featuring all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views and classic matches uncut and uncensored as well as replays of Raw and SmackDown episodes. Additional programming, including a live daily studio show coming this summer, and video-on-demand content will be added regularly.

11. Will WrestleMania be available as a part of this subscription?
    Yes, WrestleMania is included with your subscription.

12. Will encores of Raw, SmackDown and Main Event be on WWE Network?
    Yes, encores of these programs will be available on WWE Network.

13. Will Pay-Per-View events still be available outside WWE Network?
    Yes, WWE will continue to offer individual pay-per-view events to TV providers. Please call your local cable or satellite provider for availability.

14. Will classic WWE content be available on WWE Network?
    Yes, your WWE Network subscription will include access to the most comprehensive video-on-demand library featuring all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views and classic matches uncut and uncensored as well as replays of Raw and SmackDown episodes. Additional content will be added regularly.

15. Will "WWE Superstars" and NXT air on WWE Network?
    Yes, premiere episodes of Superstars and NXT will air on WWE Network.

16. Will Raw, SmackDown and Main Event move to WWE Network?
    No, Raw, SmackDown and Main Event will continue to air on their current networks – USA, Syfy and ION television, respectively.

17. Will shows on WWE Network be available in HD?
    Yes, all programming on the WWE Network will be available in HD.

18. Will shows on WWE Network be available in Spanish?
    Live pay-per-views will be available in Spanish. All other programming will be presented in English.

19. Will shows be closed captioned?
    Yes.

20. Will WWE Network also be available through my cable or satellite provider?
    No, WWE Network is delivered directly to fans through over-the-top digital distribution on the following devices: desktops and laptops via WWE.com; through the WWE App on: Amazon’s Kindle Fire devices; Android devices such as Samsung Galaxy; iOS devices such as Apple iPad and iPhone; Roku streaming devices; Sony PlayStation® 3 and Sony PlayStation® 4; and Xbox 360. Availability on additional devices, including Xbox One and select Smart TVs, will follow this summer

21. Will all of the programming that premieres on WWE Network also be available via on demand?
    Yes, all programming that premieres on the network will become immediately available in the video-on-demand library.

22. How quickly will content that premieres on WWE Network be made available on demand?
    Content that premieres on WWE Network will be available on demand immediately after it airs.

23. Does WWE Network programming contain advertisements?
    Most WWE programming on WWE Network will be commercial-free, however, there will be limited promotional content in select programs.

24. Is the entire WWE library available through on demand?
    WWE Network will launch with more than 1,500 hours of on-demand content, including all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views. New, on-demand content will be added regularly.

25. Will WWE Network be available internationally?
    Beginning Monday, February 24, WWE Network will only be available in the United States. WWE Network is scheduled to launch in the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong and the Nordics by the end of 2014/early 2015.

26. Will all content on WWE Network be PG?
    WWE Network will contain a range of programming suitable for various audiences. Content rated TV-14 or TV-MA will be preceded by appropriate advisory messages recommending viewer discretion. Parental controls will be available for on-demand content.

27. Can I set up parental controls on the WWE Network?
    Yes, parents will have the ability to block content that is rated TV-14 and TV-MA for on-demand content only. Viewer discretion is advised for live 24/7 streaming programming.

28. Who can I call or email today if I have questions?
    Customer Service support will be available beginning Monday, February 24 at 9:00 a.m. ET by calling 1-866-308-5684 or emailing customerservice@wwenetwork.com. Additionally, searchable Frequently Asked Questions and live chat service will be offered starting February 24.
    SBR
    SBR

The Complete WWE Network FAQ Empty Re: The Complete WWE Network FAQ

Post by SBR Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:01 am

LEGENDS HOUSEEEEEE
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:07 am

But for real, this is game changing. $9.99 a month for the PPVs alone is a deal, and then EVERY PPV EVER and original content on top of that?!
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:08 am

I'm definitely going to be a subscriber.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:22 am

I WANT A LONGER COMMITMENT!
    danhere

Post by danhere Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:31 am

I guess they couldn't a deal of network on tv like nfl network or mlb network.
    if you get all 12 ppvs for just 9.99 a month on your phone or ps4 or whatever don't you think that cut down on people buying the ppv on the tv via on demand.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:33 am

I am part of the population that this is trying to reach. I haven't bought a WWE ppv myself in probably 8 years. I have gone to a friends house a few times in that period. But I am getting the network immediately. I have been leaning toward getting rid of cable lately and this really pushed me over the top. This is awesome.
    danhere

Post by danhere Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:55 am

back in the day of analog people used to build a descrambler that was mentioned in popular science(I was one of those used to watch ppvs,I did pay for a couple of them when watched with friends)
    when digital came in I stopped.
    I might go for the app,even though I haven't watched wwe in ages.
    but to see wcw or ecw past ppvs might be worth it as well as current wwe.
    Legends house sound so much like surreal life with wrestlers lol
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:48 am

Yeah, I hate myself for knowing that I will watch that reality show and probably like it.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:42 pm

Make sure to catch Total Divas replays as well. It's the bomb.com.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:49 pm

It's certainly an interesting business idea. The concept of anybody "drawing money" is dead moving forward, so it will be interesting to see how they handle creative, though I think we got a preview of how they will handle creative when PPVs aren't true PPVs with the September/October/November Shows last year.

I will certainly be getting this, me and my friends probably ordered 6 PPVs last year and so this will certainly cut down on costs for us.

The 1 million subscriber break even point is a scary number and I don't think they even come close to it domestically, maybe once international subscriptions start they will, but I just don't see anyway they convince 1 million people to subscribe to this thing right now.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:15 pm

It seems like the man who made PPV's is gonna kill 'em.

It also means that most of the crappy indy iPPV's cost the same as WrestleMania live.

CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:50 pm

Indy wrote:It seems like the man who made PPV's is gonna kill 'em.

It also means that most of the crappy indy iPPV's cost the same as WrestleMania live.

Which is the real brilliance of it. By making the cost seem somewhat negligible and controlling the output, I think this is going to simultaneously be a great financial move for the E and put a lot of pressure on competition (wrestling and non-wrestling). I just hope it doesn't put TOO much pressure on indies. I doubt the indy fan base will stop watching indy ippvs, but this is pretty surely going to change the media landscape of wrestling across the board.

Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:41 pm

I hear there are some guys concerned with future PPV bonus checks (makes sense.)

RefChrist
    RefChrist

Post by RefChrist Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:05 pm

As soon as I find out if Nitro and Thunder episodes will be available, I will order... The WcW pay per views will be worth the cost alone, since there are huge gaps in my collection,,, I cannot wait to see some of the pay per views show up.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:21 pm

- A source close to the WWE NXT production team reports that the company will be giving WWE NXT a live special on the WWE Network within the first few months of the network's launch. The plan is to treat the live special as if it were an NXT pay-per-view.

WWE announced last night during their CES presentation on the network that weekly episodes of WWE NXT will air there and positioned the development brand as an important part of the network launch.

Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/309397/Live-NXT-Special-to-Air-on-WWE-Network?.htm#5PWK6AOw87kHaqS0.99
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:33 pm

So apparently, Triple H announced that not only will NXT be going live during launch week of the WWE Network, but it will be live from that point going forward. That's incredible news, but I do hope that they don't make too many changes to NXT, and allow it to be retain as much of its unique charm that it currently has.

I am ridiculously excited at the prospect of the WWE Network. Their entire library will eventually be made accessible to customers, plus all of the live PPVs, original shows, and on-demand replay access to Raw, SmackDown, and Main Event for just $10 a month?

Yeah, you have to commit for 6 months, but to put things into perspective, the first billing cycle will include WrestleMania and SummerSlam. The second cycle, should you sign up right away, will then include Survivor Series and Royal Rumble.

Plus, I'll be binge watching so many WCW and late 80's/early 90's WWF shows, that I won't even consider cancelling.
    RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:35 pm

This is, without a doubt, the best possible way they could have gone with WWE Network.
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:02 pm

Sold.
    danhere

Post by danhere Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:02 pm

would be worth it if classic wcw and ecw shows are indeed included .
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:08 pm

All PPV's for WWE, WCW and ECW are supposed to be included at launch. All Nitro's, Raw's and Smackdown's are not going to all be there at first. BUT GIVE EM SOME TIME!
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:10 am

This is a great idea but this might ruin my chances at finishing my dissertation on time. =
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:50 am

CapitalTTruth wrote:This is a great idea but this might ruin my chances at finishing my dissertation on time. =

Yeah I feel like I would spend too much time on this thing. Granted if I really think about it. I'm not going to watch any old ppv (for any company) and the only tv show I want to watch archives of is Velocity. However, I could get sucked into watching the live feed all the time.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:05 pm

JustSkiff wrote:
    CapitalTTruth wrote:This is a great idea but this might ruin my chances at finishing my dissertation on time. =

Yeah I feel like I would spend too much time on this thing. Granted if I really think about it. I'm not going to watch any old ppv (for any company) and the only tv show I want to watch archives of is Velocity. However, I could get sucked into watching the live feed all the time.

There is a decent chance I get sucked into some old PPVs. I really only buy comps on DVD so sometimes I miss the coherence of a really well put together ppv.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:27 pm

Because of the network I am going to buy a few hundred dollars of stock this week in WWE.

I read that WWE got 20 cents of every dollar on PPV sales. Only 20% of sales?? That's crazy and definitely makes the WWE Network price make so much more sense.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:30 pm