WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+8
Vipes
Stroke
RFSKannon
SBR
Xero
CapitalTTruth
Swarles
Spudz
12 posters

Eight Reality Series WWE is considering for the WWE Network

Spudz
    Spudz

Eight Reality Series WWE is considering for the WWE Network  Empty Eight Reality Series WWE is considering for the WWE Network

Post by Spudz Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:23 pm

from pwinsider
    WWE sent out a survey earlier today to certain fans on their mailing list, gauging their interest on potential reality-style shows for the WWE Network. Those who answered were asked about their interest in the different shows, which was most interesting to them and whether the shows would make them want to subscribe to the WWE Network.

Here are the shows and the basic pitches that WWE's survey featured. The synopsis is something I wrote, not the official WWE verbiage.

*Blackman's Bounties - Former WWE star and legit badass Steve Blackman reality series following his bounty hunting team based out of Harrisburg, PA. Think Dog the Bounty Hunter.

*NXT: Behind the Scenes - A reality series following the talents trying to make it out of the Performance Center and to the main roster, looking at their work, their personal lives and the fraternity of the NXT brand, including the heartbreak of being cut. So, it's Tough Enough-esque.

*Pros vs. Joes - Pretty much the same as the old SpikeTV series, pitting WWE talents against an average person in physical and non physical challenges. The non physical challenges listed included an air guitar competition. The physical challenges were described as similar to American Gladiators.

*WWE Around the World - Following WWE talents taking part in some of the scariest stunts and attractions around the world, such as shark diving and eating strange foods. It read as if it was modeled after some of the Travel Channel's "Extreme" specials with a dash of Anthony Bordain's No Reservations.

*WWE Dirty Jobs - Just like the Discovery Channel reality series of the same name, WWE talents have to perform unpleasant jobs, including going into Chicago sewers and picking up garbage in NYC.

*WWE Prankdown - a practical joke show that features WWE talents pulling tricks on unsuspecting "Superfans." The example given was John Cena and Randy Orton both wanting to buy an expensive car and getting into a fight at the dealership, only to show the damage they caused was part of the show to trick the fan.

*WWE Rescue - a reality show where WWE talents come to the homes of "super fans" help them with their personal and business problems. Think Restaurant Impossible meets Nanny 911.

*WWE Ultimate Challenge- WWE's version of CBS' Amazing Race with a 12 hour extreme scavenger hunt in different cities.

*Xtreme WWE Collector - Starring "Super fan Michael Patterson" - basically a WWE version of Travel Channel's Toy Hunter, except Patterson is chasing WWE toys and memorabilia.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Eight Reality Series WWE is considering for the WWE Network  Empty Re: Eight Reality Series WWE is considering for the WWE Network

Post by Swarles Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:23 pm

I would watch all of these shows. Maybe not Pros vs. Joes, but everything else? Gold.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Eight Reality Series WWE is considering for the WWE Network  Empty Re: Eight Reality Series WWE is considering for the WWE Network

Post by CapitalTTruth Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:54 pm

The networks is really starting to flesh out the total media machine the WWE is set to become and fast.

That said, none of this is interesting to me.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:58 pm

Spudz wrote:*Blackman's Bounties
    *NXT: Behind the Scenes
    *Pros vs. Joes 
    *WWE Prankdown 
    *Xtreme WWE Collector 
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 pm

I WILL WATCH ALL OF THEM.
    RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:20 pm

Eh, Blackman's Bounties and NXT: Behind the Scenes sound interesting to me, not so much for the rest. Unless maybe it's Zack Ryder and JTG starring in WWE Dirty Jobs.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:53 pm

I'm really interested in WWE Rescue, because that just sounds absurd. What advice could Curt Hawkins have for small businesses?

OH maybe JBL will do it an be off commentary for a few months. EVERYONE WINS!
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:53 pm

All of them probably would be fun atleast on a limited run basis but the 4 that has more miles to to me would be
    *NXT: Behind the Scenes
    *Blackman's Bounties
    *WWE Rescue
    *Xtreme WWE Collector
    Stroke
    Stroke

Post by Stroke Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:27 am

Blackman's Bounties NOW!!!!!!!
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:40 am

Why did they not launch the network with Blackman's Bounties? And why is this even up for discussion, start filming now!
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:29 am

I refuse to be friends with anyone that wouldn't watch Blackman's Bounties
    RefChrist
    RefChrist

Post by RefChrist Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:57 am

I would so watch Blackman's Bounties. Maybe NXT behind the Scenes. I'd really like to see a training and Nutrition show from the WWE.
    Grant
    Grant

Post by Grant Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:51 pm

I'd actually like to see all of these. And in lines with the training/nutrition idea, maybe give DDP his own show where they follow him in helping people improve their lives with his yoga. I'd actually love something like that.
    RefChrist
    RefChrist

Post by RefChrist Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:02 pm

I like that one. Tho I would like to see different perspectives. A different Super Star each week, what they do to workout and train, how they diet. Any special products or recipes they use... ECT.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:28 pm

Swarles wrote:I would watch all of these shows. Maybe not Pros vs. Joes, but everything else? Gold.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:51 pm

taken from lordsofpain.net
    - As noted, WWE issued a survey this week to gauge interest on several potential WWE Network reality shows. One was Blackman's Bounties, starring former WWE star Steve Blackman. A teaser reel is above and it's certainly not PG. The video above does contain graphic language. It would likely have to be toned down if WWE picks it up. This reel was actually done back in 2012.

The synopsis reads like this:

"Eyelash Vizion's presents Blackman's Bounties a original series starring former WWF wrestling superstar Steve BlackMan & Will Traynham. Watch as the duo travel around the country on recovery missions hunting down suspects who flee bail."

TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:16 pm

THE BEST THING EVER
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:37 pm

Not only do I want them to make that show, but I want them to send random wrestlers along each week to ride along with Blackman. Imagine Yoshi Tatsu kicking the bejesus out of someone and taking out all his pent up aggression over his years of poor booking on them.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:47 am

Spudz wrote:taken from lordsofpain.net
    - As noted, WWE issued a survey this week to gauge interest on several potential WWE Network reality shows. One was Blackman's Bounties, starring former WWE star Steve Blackman. A teaser reel is above and it's certainly not PG. The video above does contain graphic language. It would likely have to be toned down if WWE picks it up. This reel was actually done back in 2012.

The synopsis reads like this:

"Eyelash Vizion's presents Blackman's Bounties a original series starring former WWF wrestling superstar Steve BlackMan & Will Traynham. Watch as the duo travel around the country on recovery missions hunting down suspects who flee bail."

Eight Reality Series WWE is considering for the WWE Network  Slow-clap-gif

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:19 am