WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

2 posters

UFC Fight Night: Saffiedine vs. Lim

Slayer
    Slayer

UFC Fight Night: Saffiedine vs. Lim Empty UFC Fight Night: Saffiedine vs. Lim

Post by Slayer Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:56 am

UFC Fight Night: Saffiedine vs. Lim New_UFN_34_poster

UFC Fight Night: Saffiedine vs. Lim
    Saturday, January 4, 2014
    From the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, China
    Live on UFC Fight Pass at 9 AM ET / 6 AM PT

Main Event: (5 Rounds)

Welterweight Bout: Tarec Saffiedine vs. Hyun Gyu Lim

Main Card Bouts:

Featherweight Bout: Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Sean Soriano

Welterweight Bout: Kiichi Kunimoto vs. Luiz Dutra

Bantamweight Bout: Kyung Ho Kang vs. Shunichi Shimizu

Preliminary Bouts: (Live on UFC Fight Pass at 6:30 AM ET / 3:30 AM PT)

Featherweight Bout: Max Holloway vs. Will Chope

Lightweight Bout: Katsunori Kikuno vs. Quinn Mulhern

Bantamweight Bout: Royston Wee vs. Dave Galera

Lightweight Bout: Mairbek Taisumov vs. Tae Hyun Bang

Bantamweight Bout: Dustin Kimura vs. Jon Delos Reyes

Bantamweight Bout: Leandro Issa vs. Russell Doane
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

UFC Fight Night: Saffiedine vs. Lim Empty Re: UFC Fight Night: Saffiedine vs. Lim

Post by CapitalTTruth Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:38 am

Interesting card, mostly because this card is the first I can remember that is almost completely designed to appeal to the Asian market with fairly little regard for Western audiences. Of course diehard fans see a lot of potential in this card, but I would have trouble getting the group of guys I typically watch to give two thoughts to this, and they are regular ppv watchers.

I for one hope the Asian fighters can start making some headway in the UFC. I think expansion there could be great for the sport. As much progress as the UFC has made it seems like the sport is globally making marginal gains without a big presence in Japan. The UFC has a chance to tap into China and Korea as well, which is awesome. I spent a year in Korea and I would LOVE to see a Korean champion headline a card in Seoul. The national pride there is off the charts. That country would lose its collective shit for something like that. Now... just gotta find a korean champion.
    Slayer
    Slayer

UFC Fight Night: Saffiedine vs. Lim Empty Re: UFC Fight Night: Saffiedine vs. Lim

Post by Slayer Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:27 pm

I haven't watched this card yet, but the UFC has this show available for immediate on-demand viewing.

UFC Fight Pass is currently free until March 1 (when it then costs $9.99 a month). You do have to have a credit card on file though, and a $1 hold will appear on your account.

Based on the feedback of this event, it was overall a very entertaining card. Kawajiri apparently stole the show in an entertaining fight that he ended in impressive fashion.

The main event was also said to be a great display of determination between Saffiedine and Lim.

I'll be watching this soon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:17 pm