WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+2
SBR
Slayer
6 posters

UFC Thread

SBR
    SBR

UFC Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: UFC Thread

Post by SBR Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:49 am

Hate that I had to miss a Conor fight because of work. Gotta see him and Aldo. $$$$
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:21 am

As disenfranchised as I can be with the UFC at times over some of the terrible decisions they make (ex. Reebok uniforms) and manner in which they conduct business publicly (i.e. how they handled Jose Aldo's rib injury), you can always count on the fighters to deliver great fights when it matters most.

This main card was easily one of the most entertaining PPVs in UFC history. All incredible finishes that aside from maybe Gunnar Nelson vs. Brandon Thatch, were thoroughly competitive for their duration.

The two title fights more than delivered and made for the most dramatic UFC fights this year thus far (especially Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald). I just wish that Chad Mendes would have been able to have a full training camp rather than the few weeks notice he came in on, because that was clearly not the best condition he's capable of being in.

That being said, Conor did win the fight in a star-making effort. Also, he continues to establish himself as a skilled fighter that has a marketable personality who is clearly generating major public interest.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:11 pm

UFC has a HUGE event planned for March:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/1/7/10734328/report-ufc-197-will-feature-dos-anjos-mcgregor-holm-tate-doubleheader-mma-news

The UFC must have something big in store for UFC 200, because if not, this is a major risk for two of the potential headlining options for that event (Holm vs. Ronda 2, McGregor vs. anyone).
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:49 pm

didn't watch, but UFC 207 kind of seem like it was the end of an era. Ronda got absolutely mauled, Mike Goldberg called his last fight, the Fertitas are long gone, etc. I mean i've already all but given up on UFC but it really feels like they are about to hit a rough spot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:50 pm