WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+2
Stroke
Spudz
6 posters

Jeff Jarrett Gone from TNA ?

Spudz
    Spudz

Jeff Jarrett  Gone from TNA ? Empty Jeff Jarrett Gone from TNA ?

Post by Spudz Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:39 pm

WOW!! If this for real, is the end near or is this just a start of a new storyline?

Jeff Jarrett, who co-founded TNA Wrestling with his father in 2002, announced this afternoon via Twitter that he has parted ways with the promotion.

On December 22nd, 2013 I officially resigned from TNA Entertainment. Thanks to everyone involved for all the fantastic memories! #grateful
       — Jeff Jarrett (@JeffJarrettTNA) December 23, 2013
    Stroke
    Stroke

Jeff Jarrett  Gone from TNA ? Empty Re: Jeff Jarrett Gone from TNA ?

Post by Stroke Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:32 pm

Not sure, but either way this bums me out a bit. For the things he did wrong, he did many more right to get the company going and surviving. Kinda wondering where he goes from here.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:59 pm

Thinking about it some I am wondering if the deal for someone(s) buying into the company is near and they didnt want Jeff around anymore. Does he start a new company? will he have a role with AAA with their expansion into the States? Does he go to the E?

If just a work, why now? they still have AJ being talking about (again work or not), wouldn't waiting a few months be better. Jeff hasn't even been on tv so only the "10%'ers" (internet fans) even know he still involved with the company at all so is there  real  a need for him to announce that he has "left" the company?
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:04 pm

According to an official statement on TNA's site, while Jeff won't be working for them anymore, he will still continue to be an investor.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:05 pm

I swear I thought he already left TNA.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:09 pm

Indy wrote:I swear I thought he already left TNA.

After Hogan & Bischoff left he came back as Head of Creative & Executive Producer. Before Eric & Hogan weren't re-signed, he was basically orking on TNA projects(like getting international deals, Ring ka King style promotions, and working in Mexico/Japan on behalf of TNA)
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:34 pm

Powell's POV: Sources within the company have all expressed some level of surprise over the departure of Jarrett. He had taken a more active role in creative and had also been doing some agent work. I have yet to hear from anyone who was aware of a particular issue involving Jarrett at the last television tapings, and more than one source has stated that it seemed like it was simply business as usual.

TNA sources who would normally be in the know stated that they were caught off guard by Jarrett's announcement. Sources are not entirely ruling out the possibility that this is a work designed to set up Jarrett as the babyface who fights Dixie Carter's character for control of the company, but no one I've spoken with has any direct knowledge of that being the case. Rather, most seem to believe that Jarrett is actually leaving the company's management team, though it's unclear whether he will remain in control of his minority ownership stake.

Jarrett was rumored to be tied to the notable name who was or still is interested in purchasing the company from Panda Energy. There is plenty of speculation that Jarrett's departure could be tied to something that occurred on that end. Again, though, there is plenty of speculation, yet no one I have spoken with seems to know exactly what motivated Jarrett's announcement.

Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:17 pm

There was some speculation that Jarrett was affiliated with the group looking to buy TNA from the Carters. Maybe that fell through and Jarrett left the management team with it.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:27 pm

Konnan on his latest podcast at mlw.com said Jeff told him it wasn't over one thing that he quit TNA, it was accumulation of things.. There should be a announcement from Jeff with in the next few days about  a new project.. Konnan thinks it going be wrestling related, likely involving a wealthy musician friend of Jeff's (Toby Keith?)(John Rich?) .. Konnan also said Jeff said he doesn't know (or care) if they'll (TNA) see out the year.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:42 pm

Jarrett, Styles and Russo to run weekly shows in the Asylum, as predicted by ti radio.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:52 pm

Swarles wrote:Jarrett, Styles and Russo to run weekly shows in the Asylum, as predicted by ti radio.

No I think Jeff Jarrett will partner with Antonio Inoki and buy out ROH.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:47 pm