WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+21
GolfClubNinja
p0etryinm0tion
kingofswing
The PhenomenalBullyOne
Vipes
dragondragon
Grant
WhoBetta
TeeBeeKay
Joe5150
Canucker
Slayer
RFSKannon
Xero
2kNikk
JustSkiff
Spudz
Swarles
CapitalTTruth
WWF Attitude
SBR
25 posters

ROH Thread

Slayer
    Slayer

ROH Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: ROH Thread

Post by Slayer Wed May 13, 2015 5:01 am

Really debating whether or not to order the Global Wars Night 1 iPPV on Friday.

If there wasn't so many other events coming up (Lucha World Cup, UFC 187 & 188, ROH & TNA PPVs in June), I would order it without hesitation. I'm obviously not going to order all of those shows either, but those are all ones I'm considering watching.

On a side note, has anyone else seen that Dalton Castle is on this month's TNA One Night Only: Xtravaganza PPV? I haven't watched it yet, but he's noticeably visible in the commercial for it.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sat May 16, 2015 5:55 pm

Tuesday's show it up.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sun May 17, 2015 7:46 pm

I heard Night 2 is the show you want to get. I'll probably pick up 1&2 eventually.

The Dave report made the iPPV sound like it sucked because the crowd sucked. Did anyone who watched it feel that way?
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sun May 17, 2015 8:45 pm

it was very underwhelming. 10 man tag was crazy, okada/cedric was very good, thought everything was was OK but not great.

Elgin/Tanahashi was probably the worst match of Tanahashi's career.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon May 18, 2015 2:03 am

Was the iPPV a case of everybody trying to one-up each other, but with many of the matches ending up too similar as a result?
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon May 18, 2015 2:47 pm

I think the ippv was a case of bad matchups, elgin/tana was bad and Naito/Lethal didn't click, and Nak/ACH was missing a little something.

Night 2 had much better matches but also a ton of mediorce filler, 4.5 hours is TOO FUCKING LONG for a show!

Ep 1, this show is skippable, ferrara/kushida was the best match and that was a total middle of the road fine match, main event was Briscoes v Dijak/Diesel, that match sucked, way too long and somehow the HOT was in control for most of it, i don't understand the booking here

Ep 2 Liger v Castle!!!!! SEE THIS MATCH!!!! So much fun!!!

Ep3 tana/naito v ach/sydal was pretty great, weird seeing Tana/Naito working heel but it was fun

Ep4 Nak/Strong was freaking great, I really hope Roddy gets a G1 spot, he earned it IMO, and the main event was freaking insane i think Trent? may have died, he's a dead guy now, cant wait to watch this back in a few weeks
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon May 18, 2015 4:34 pm

Slayer wrote:Was the iPPV a case of everybody trying to one-up each other, but with many of the matches ending up too similar as a result?

Not really. I'd say the biggest problems were:

A. They had A LOT of talent locked up in that 10 man tag

B. One of the big singles matches was Naito/Lethal. Lethal is boring, do not get what anyone sees in him.

C. One of the other big matches was Elgin/Tanahashi. I used to be in different on Elgin, but god damn he was horrible in this match. Tanahashi would have had a better match against Cheeseburger.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Thu May 21, 2015 11:12 pm

The first two matches for the Best In The World 2015 PPV have been announced:

-Winner Takes All: ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe vs. ROH World Television Champion Jay Lethal

ROH Thread - Page 18 CFUcvYMW0AEz710

-#1 Contender's Match: Michael Elgin vs. Moose vs. Roderick Strong

ROH Thread - Page 18 CFX5UPkW0AEo1JO
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Thu May 21, 2015 11:27 pm

Hard pass
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri May 22, 2015 12:25 am

0/10, will not buy.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Fri May 22, 2015 2:24 am

I could get into Moose vs Roddy.

But like I said on tIr this week, I have a wedding that day so I can't go anyway (FRIDAY PPVS??!?!), but I wouldn't go to a Lethal/Briscoe main event. You're better than that ROH.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Fri May 22, 2015 2:48 am

At this point they're really not, Nigel repeatedly called it the biggest match in ROH history, particularly hilarious that he was doing it on a show that featured Okada, Tanahashi, Nakamura, Styles, etc etc etc
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Fri May 22, 2015 7:20 am

Get hype for Moose v Lethal
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Fri May 22, 2015 10:12 am

I thought about going to this show when it was announced, but while the Bucks are announced, I probably won't make it out.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Fri May 22, 2015 5:10 pm

This PPV is a bit disappointing thus far. Briscoe vs. Lethal is not a huge main event, but based on the current full-time roster, it's hard to see what else they could have done that would be bigger.

I still stand by my previous point that Global Wars Night 1 should have been their second traditional PPV of this year.

The 3-Way is an odd mix. I'm assuming they're going to go all in with Moose though, especially after ROH made a big announcement out of him signing a new deal to remain in the company rather than take offers to join GFW or be on Tough Enough.

The Young Bucks and AJ Styles are booked for the PPV, so we'll see what they end up getting booked for on this show.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Mon May 25, 2015 9:45 pm

Joe is booked for the TV tapings the night after the PPV, i guess it could just be a dark match but if ROH can still use Joe on TV that's super interesting IMO
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue May 26, 2015 10:52 pm

This is the match Joe is booked for on the TV tapings:

-Samoa Joe & AJ Styles vs. The Addiction

ROH Thread - Page 18 CF7-badXIAAjG1E

Based on how much they're pushing it, I got to believe that this match is airing on TV, thus making Joe's current situation all that more intriguing.

Another match has been booked for the Best In The World PPV. This time it's a rematch from War Of The Worlds Night 2:

-Bullet Club (AJ Styles & The Young Bucks) vs. The Kingdom

ROH Thread - Page 18 CF81kN9W8AAgMzG
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue May 26, 2015 11:48 pm

You gotta think WWE likes ROH and will let them put Joe on their TV show.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Wed May 27, 2015 1:31 pm

Stroke
    Stroke

Post by Stroke Wed May 27, 2015 1:55 pm

ROH as a lead-in to TNA, interesting. I'm assuming they're seeing if they can get similar ratings with ROH.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Wed May 27, 2015 3:06 pm

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Wed May 27, 2015 3:15 pm

Worst part of this news is the first ep to air on DA features an okay Kushida/Will Ferrara match, Moose v Colby Corino, Silas Young v Watanbae and the Briscoes v Dijak/Jay Diesel

Not exactly a murderers row
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Wed May 27, 2015 3:34 pm

This does kind of feel like ROH is the ziggler to TNA's rusev and DA is just using them for leverage or whatever, but still a very strange move.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Wed May 27, 2015 3:41 pm

Press Release
    RING OF HONOR debuts on DESTINATION AMERICA Wednesday, June 3rd

BALTIMORE, MD (May 27, 2015) - Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (the “Company”) announced that it has signed a national broadcast deal with Destination America, part of Discovery Communications, for the Company’s professional wrestling promotion, Ring of Honor (“ROH”). ROH will premiere on Destination America for 26 weeks beginning Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 8pm EST/7pm CST. The announcement was made by Joe Koff, Chief Operating Officer - Ring of Honor Wresting.

“We are very excited to be partnering with Destination America for the broader distribution of the ROH programming,” commented Joe Koff, Chief Operating Officer - Ring of Honor Wrestling. “ROH will now reach an additional 57 million households including those in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia and other large cities where Ring of Honor is not currently airing.

ROH has a loyal fan base and is one of the fastest growing major wrestling franchises in the country. With this great partnership with Destination America, we can continue to expand our footprint and reach while producing entertaining, original content and continuing to provide wrestling fans some of the best wrestling content available.”

“With the electric and intense matches that Ring of Honor provides, Destination America is the network for fans to get an entire evening of jaw-dropping entertainment on Wednesday nights,” said Marc Etkind, General Manager of Destination America. “Ring of Honor showcases tenacity, athleticism and passion and it serves as the place where America’s favorite wrestling stars are born.”

About Ring of Honor Wrestling:
    Ring of Honor Wrestling is owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., the largest and one of the most diversified television broadcasting companies with affiliations across all the major networks. Ring of Honor is a professional wresting company which produces weekly, original 1-hour television wrestling programs and is the only wresting promotion in the United States with a major, multi-market presence on broadcast TV. Ring of Honor is also syndicated on select TV stations and regional Cable Systems. For further information on Ring of Honor visit www.rohwrestling.com.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Wed May 27, 2015 3:44 pm

By Mike Johnson on 2015-05-27 13:43:15

Here is what we have confirmed about Destination America signing a TV deal with Ring of Honor:

*The series on Destination America will be the same series that is owned and distributed by Sinclair Broadcasting. The episodes will debut over the weekend for Sinclair affiliates and then air Wednesday on Destination America.

*The relationship between Ring of Honor and Destination America relationship is something that has built over the last several months and I am told is independent of whatever is going on between the Network and TNA currently.

*For ROH, and this is just my speculation, it provides them a national outlet to promote their talents, events and PPV shows. While TNA going from Spike to Destination America might have been seen as a step down, for ROH, it's the first time they've had any national TV exposure and this can only be seen as a big boost.

I am told that Destination America wants pro wrestling content on their Network and they want to make the cable outlet a "destination" for that.

*I have not confirmed a timeline for the deal but was told that ROH will be seen weekly through at least the end of the year, possibly longer.

Destination America issued the following press release regarding the deal. I am told ROH will be issuing their own release later this afternoon as well:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content