WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+21
GolfClubNinja
p0etryinm0tion
kingofswing
The PhenomenalBullyOne
Vipes
dragondragon
Grant
WhoBetta
TeeBeeKay
Joe5150
Canucker
Slayer
RFSKannon
Xero
2kNikk
JustSkiff
Spudz
Swarles
CapitalTTruth
WWF Attitude
SBR
25 posters

ROH Thread

JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

ROH Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: ROH Thread

Post by JustSkiff Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:17 pm

Elgin is also doing a gimmick of wanting to fight former champions.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:29 am

ROH is doing a $4 DVD sale for everything from 2010-2012, some pretty good stuff in there
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:52 am

So on July 12th in Minneapolis, MN we will see Kevin Steen vs. TOMMASO CIAMPA for the very first time ever! Steen selected Ciampa as a unique challenge and a talented performer for whom he has the highest respect - but their paths have never crossed inside a wrestling ring until now. This is an historic battle that might never, ever be repeated. You have to be there LIVE! For tickets to AFTERSHOCK in Minneapolis, click HERE!

On July 18th in Cinncinati, Ohio, Kevin Steen has demanded one more shot at Silas Young! Young disrespected Steen after losing at BEST IN THE WORLD, and now he'll face the consequences of that deplorable attack...because Kevin Steen has also declared this match to be NO DISQUALIFICATION! To be there live for Steen vs. Young NO DQ, click HERE!

And on July 19th, Dearborn will host the last time we see Steen in an ROH ring for the foreseeable future. On that historic night, Kevin Steen has selected his former partner and mentor for his final match.... STEVE CORINO! This will be an emotional contest that will go down in ROH history. Be there live to witness a moment like no other, click HERE.

Not much more can be said other than Thank You Steen!
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:09 pm

One of my favorite things about ROH is how they do farewells.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Yeah, I think most people on this board know how much I love Corino, so I marked out so hard when I found out Steen's last match was going to be against him, I am 99% sure I'm going to that show and I can't wait
    kingofswing
    kingofswing

Post by kingofswing Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:59 pm

CORINO vs STEEN one more time!!! (Marks out! Corino is my favorite wrestler and I love Steen)
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:02 am

7/13

Regarding the PPV number, it’s hard to get it in the sense that early numbers can be off by a decent amount, and let’s just say the early number estimate is 10,000 (which in fact, is the early estimate we got). That could be 3,000 and it could be 20,000, so what does it mean? There really won’t be a closer number for about another month. The Glory show the night before is estimated at 6,000, which was a disaster because they spent money on production, ran from The Forum in Los Angeles, and had to pay fighters. For a UFC, a number after the first week is usually not too far off because of the volume (although it sometimes has been off considerably) and because the tracking is better. We’ll know if and when Final Battle is announced as a PPV. If it is, then it did okay to good. If it’s not, then it didn’t.

The first show since the PPV takes place on 7/12 in Hopkins, MN, near Minneapolis, with Michael Elgin & Rowe & Hanson (the War Machine tag team that did a run-in during his match where he won the title vs. Adam Cole & Matt Hardy & Michael Bennett. Also announced is a Proving Ground (non-title) match with Jay Lethal vs. Takaaki Watanabe, Silas Young vs. Jimmy Jacobs vs. Matt Taven vs. ACH with the winner getting a title shot at Elgin on 8/22 in Milwaukee, B.J. Whitmer & Roderick Strong vs. Mark & Jay Briscoe, Kyle O’Reilly vs. Cedric Alexander plus Kevin Steen and Bobby Fish.

Unless things change, this will be Hardy’s final show with the promotion. He had been booked on future dates but they weren’t happy about him doing the TNA shows since the two companies are considered in competition with each other since TNA has been calling up key ROH talent (particularly those without a contract) and both are now PPV promotions. TNA is now hotly pursuing Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly, whose contracts have expired, to come in for a program with Edwards & Richards. ROH is on a pretty strict budget from Sinclair, so getting into any kind of bidding for talent is something that hasn’t happened yet and is unlikely to happen.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:07 am

they really can't afford to lose Fish and O'Reilly, they are like the only outside of the ring entertainment aspect in the company, that would be a huge blow
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:19 pm

7/21

They won’t be running at either the Manhattan Center or Hammerstein Ballroom in New York going forward even though they sold out the big building for the last show weeks in advance. The problem is the venue just significantly raised the rent to the point where they would lose money running even with a sellout. Imagine what that means for TNA which spends tons more, and advertises tons more, running the same complex.

As noted last week, the 7/12 show was Matt Hardy’s final date with the promotion. The basic feeling is they don’t want anyone on their television who is on TNA’s television. The door has been left open for a return at some point if TNA doesn’t make him a full-time offer. Those in the promotion overall spoke highly of Hardy and it was just the situation where they felt their hands were tied. Hardy had cut ROH a good financial deal because they were booking him multiple dates, so he came in under his usual asking price (which is usually $1,500 per show plus trans and hotel, plus $300 for his wife). Hardy was said to be great to work with because he always came in with good ideas for promos, worked with the company financially, was good in the locker room and promoted the product and his appearances hard on social media.

The next shows they are peaking toward are 8/9 in Philadelphia, 8/15 in Brooklyn at MCU Field, 8/23 in Chicago for Death Before Dishonor and 9/6 in Toronto. The only thing we know is that Brooklyn will be loaded with all three titles at stake and a cage match. There is nothing new on distribution of any of these shows live.

The first show since the PPV was 7/12 in Hopkins, MN, which is essentially Minneapolis. They drew just over 700 fans, which is the best they’ve done so far in that market. They opened with Michael Elgin doing a promo where he said he was willing to defend the title against anyone, even tonight. He was interrupted by The Kingdom, which is Adam Cole, Michael Bennett, Matt Hardy and Maria Kanellis. They threatened to take him out, before Rowe & Hanson came out, which led to the six-man, advertised as the main event, going on first. The match ended with the Briscoes running in and no decision. Cole & Bennett got taken out and Hardy ran off. Elgin said that fans want to see a finish, but since Cole & Bennett were already taken out, he challenged Hardy and said he’d put up his title to get him tonight. Bobby Fish pinned Cheeseburger with a flying cross chop in a short match. Cedric Alexander pinned Kyle O’Reilly with he lumbar check. Mark & Jay Briscoe beat Roderick Strong & B.J. Whitmer when Jay pinned Strong after the Jay Driller. After the match, Strong & Whitmer blamed the loss on Tadarius Thomas. The Briscoes tried to defend him, but Thomas then attacked the Briscoes. Jay Lethal pinned Takaaki Watanabe with the Lethal injection. After the match, Matt Taven came out and laid out Lethal. Kevin Steen pinned Tommaso Ciampa after a package piledriver. Kind of surprised with that result since Steen only has a few matches left and Ciampa is a guy they can push. Silas Young earned an ROH title match winning a four-way over Tadarius Thomas, ACH and Matt Taven when Young pinned ACH after a backbreaker and lariat combination. Jimmy Jacobs was advertised but before the match he said he was giving Thomas his spot in the match. In the main event, Elgin beat Hardy via submission with a crossface to retain the title. Before the match started, Hardy presented Maria with the Iconic title saying she deserved it and he wouldn’t need it any longer because he’s winning the world title. Cole, Bennett, Rowe, Hanson and the Briscoes all got involved in the main event, but it ended with Elgin over clean.

7/18 in Cincinnati has Elgin vs. Strong for the ROH title, Steen vs. Young no DQ, Lethal vs. Romantic Touch for the TV title, ACH & Alexander & Caprice Coleman vs. Whitmer & Thomas & Adam Page and Cole & Bennett vs. Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian.

7/19 in Dearborn, MI is Steen’s final night with the promotion, facing Steve Corino, who I believe he asked to have his final match with. This will be a TV taping that will include a six-way, with the winner getting a shot at Elgin in Philadelphia, a four-way for a future tag title shot at ReDRagon with Daniels & Kazarian vs. Hanson & Rowe vs. Briscoes vs. Jacobs & Whitmer, Cole vs. Rocky Romero and ACH vs. Thomas.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:32 pm

Yeah it pretty much looks like their days of running NY are close to being over.
    p0etryinm0tion
    p0etryinm0tion

Post by p0etryinm0tion Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:26 pm

Pwinsider wrote:Members of Ring of Honor management were in New York City today, meeting with Marvel Comics regarding ways the companies can work together on future potential projects, PWInsider.com has confirmed.
    The nature of the projects is currently unknown.

Marvel published a WCW comic book in the early 1990s and have featured wrestling related stories from time to time, dating back to the first appearance of Spider-Man back in Amazing Fantasy #15 in 1962, where Peter Parker dabbled in wrestling en route to learning that "With great power comes great responsibility."

I can't post the link since I'm a new member.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:39 am

1. ROH not being in the Hammerstein anymore is a damn shame, its the perfect venue for them.

2. The idea of ROH and Marvel working together made me Imagine if ROH got sold to Disney, good lord.
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:04 pm

WWF Attitude wrote:1. ROH not being in the Hammerstein anymore is a damn shame, its the perfect venue for them.

2. The idea of ROH and Marvel working together made me Imagine if ROH got sold to Disney, good lord.

disney already has eye's on WWE, and DC want's CHIKARA's characters in their comics
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:07 pm

Write up from last nights show in Cincy.

Nigel McGuinness came out and announced Michael Bennett could not appear tonight due to food poisoning, and that Alex Koslov could not appear due to a separated shoulder. McGuinness said Tommaso Ciampa would replace Koslov and team with Rocky Romero tonight, and the replacement for Bennett to team with Adam Cole would be a surprise for later this evening. McGuinness was not seen again.

1. ReDragon(Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) beat Rocky Romero & Tommaso Ciampa to retain the ROH World tag team titles

Fish came out with a screwdriver in his trunks, the actual tool, not the kind that Andre the Giant loved...In the end the teamwork of ReDragon proved superior as O'Reilly pinned Ciampa following the "Chasing the Dragon" finisher. Romero & Ciampa came to blows after the match, so this makeshift team is a one and done. Fine opener, though phoned in to a degree.

2. Jay Lethal w/Truth Martini beat The Romantic Touch to retain the ROH TV title

Spotty heat here, due to Touch not being too over as a babyface. Martini has his hair in cornrows now, just like Lethal's. The finish saw a towel come into play, the mask of Touch was ripped off, and Touch was pinned as he covered his face with said towel. Had its moments, but this was pretty "eh" overall.

3. The Decade(Jimmy Jacobs, BJ Whitmer & Adam Page) w/TaDarius Thomas beat Caprice Coleman, Cedric Alexander & ACH

Thomas was supposed to wrestle in this match, but Jimmy Jacobs kicked him out of it, and inserted himself in it beforehand. Really fun back and forth match. Page landed an amazing flip dive off the apron into a shoulder block on Coleman. I saw it with my own eyes, still couldn't believe it. Both Page and Coleman looked extremely sharp here. The Decade got the win when Jacobs pinned ACH following the "All seeing eye". Cedric Alexander appeared to possibly legit injure his leg/knee due to a dive to the outside late in the match where he kinda overshot those who were supposed to catch him.

4. Silas Young beat Kevin Steen in a no DQ match

This is Steen's farewell weekend in ROH, and he faced Silas Young on the way out here. Both Steen & Young went to the back a few times during this match to bring out various plunder. Steen could not locate a table, so he constructed a chair mountain of sorts, but ended up being slammed off the top thru it. Young then hit his Peegee Waja Plunge headstand moonsault finisher to beat Steen, which surprised me. Guess it shouldn't have, but it did. The crowd then gave Steen the big send off with the various chants, and Steen was still doing the "I'm going home to be with my wife and kids" routine. Uh huh.....

Intermission

5. RD Evans w/Veda Scott & Ramon beat Ethan Gabriel Owens, Moose & Matt Taven in a four corners survival match

Evans and company were now claiming to be 134-0. He's a great performer. I want to see more of Ethan Gabriel Owens going forward, he showed good personality and ability here. Moose is green as a gourd, but every time I see this guy live, the crowd is into him instantly, so he's got something. He didn't actively hurt this match either. Taven had Evans pinned, but Truth Martini ran down and yanked the ref out, so Taven chased Martini to the back. Evans then pinned Owens to win it, so "Thenewstreak" lives. Fun for what it was.

Maria Kanellis came out with the Matt Hardy "Iconic" title belt. Kanellis said since Mike Bennett had been "poisoned"(I wonder if it was her cooking??), Jay Lethal would step in and team with Adam Cole tonight. Mike Bennett sure does have bad luck when ROH comes to Cincinnati. Last time they came, he couldn't appear due to a dislocated knee, this time food poisoning.

6. The Briscoe Brothers vs War Machine(Hanson & Raymond Rowe) went to a no contest

My wife described War Machine as "Duck Dynasty on steroids". I then asked her if that's the case, how would you describe the Briscoe Brothers?? Hard fought and hard hitting. This one at times resembled a fight more than a pro wrestling match. Jay Lethal and Adam Cole ran in and attacked both teams, so this match was declared a no contest. Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian came out, immediately leading to....

7. Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian beat Adam Cole & Jay Lethal w/Truth Martini & Maria Kanellis

Daniels was in for over 90% of this match, and looked awesome. Adam Cole showed a ton of personality tonight, lots of funny comments from him. He was on fire basically. The Briscoe's came back out and chased Truth & Maria away. Shortly thereafter, Daniels pinned Lethal with the BME. War Machine then also came back out, and much posturing and menacing ensued, but no further action.

8. Michael Elgin beat Roderick Strong to retain the ROH World title by KO/ref stoppage

Adam Page came out with Strong, but Strong sent him away, he wanted to go this one alone. The heat was spotty here. It was clear Elgin wasn't as over as other main ROH acts, like the Briscoe's and the now departed Steen. But, the crowd was tired by this point too, so it was a combination of that, plus the crowd didn't think Strong had a chance to win the world title here, so all that led to crowd flatness. They went around 25 minutes. Strong was very aggressive this match, and Elgin showed surprising agility, along with his immense strength, several times. Strong unleashed his entire arsenal on Elgin, but couldn't put him away. Strong then kicked out of Elgin's buckle bowb into a spinning power bomb finisher. Elgin went for a Crippler crossface, but Strong would not tap. Elign finally took strong out with a series of knock out knees to the head on the mat, reapplied the Crippler crossface, and referee Todd Sinclair stopped the bout. This match to me mirrored this show, good to very good, but not great.
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:03 pm

SBR wrote:
    5. RD Evans w/Veda Scott & Ramon beat Ethan Gabriel Owens, Moose & Matt Taven in a four corners survival match

Evans and company were now claiming to be 134-0. He's a great performer. I want to see more of Ethan Gabriel Owens going forward, he showed good personality and ability here. Moose is green as a gourd, but every time I see this guy live, the crowd is into him instantly, so he's got something. He didn't actively hurt this match either. Taven had Evans pinned, but Truth Martini ran down and yanked the ref out, so Taven chased Martini to the back. Evans then pinned Owens to win it, so "Thenewstreak" lives. Fun for what it was

All Ego winning over more hearts and minds!
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:11 pm

I'll be at the showski tonight will try and provide a little reviewski when I get a chance
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:42 pm

TeeBeeKay wrote:I'll be at the showski tonight will try and provide a little reviewski when I get a chance

any reason for the ski's?
    Grant
    Grant

Post by Grant Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Vipes wrote:
    SBR wrote:

Evans and company were now claiming to be 134-0. He's a great performer. I want to see more of Ethan Gabriel Owens going forward, he showed good personality and ability here. Moose is green as a gourd, but every time I see this guy live, the crowd is into him instantly, so he's got something. He didn't actively hurt this match either. Taven had Evans pinned, but Truth Martini ran down and yanked the ref out, so Taven chased Martini to the back. Evans then pinned Owens to win it, so "Thenewstreak" lives. Fun for what it was

All Ego winning over more hearts and minds!

#JesusChrist #PraiseHisName
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:27 pm

EGO had a pretty fun matchski and his partner got more over than him because he wore rick stiener like headgearski
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:20 pm

Don't touch Veda Scott's buttocks, according to Brian, who was at last night's ROH show: A fan in the front row at tonight's ROH live event in Cincinnati pinched Veda Scott's buttocks after a four-way dance involving RD Evans. He was asked to leave by security but apparently didn't exit the premises as he returned to his spot during the main event where he was detected and more forcibly told to leave

DID WHOBETTA ATTEND THIS SHOW?? If so he may be on the lamb.

linkski: http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/38048-sat-update-credit-card-update-weekend-shows-ronda-talks-espy-hogan-on-raw-tons-more
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:42 am

Holy shitski was the main event fun!!!! Corino busted out a pre match listski!!!!!!!
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:53 am

Alright gonna stop talking shop for a moment and break down these tapings

Note: ROH TV taping spoilers

Ep 1
    First of all they taped 4 episodes tonight and took an intermission after 3 hours so some people left at intermission

Second 4 episodes are way too much for one night wish they would have split it 2 and 2 over the weekend

1st match was EGO and headgear(don't recall his name) v redragon, really good match, we're off with a bang

2nd match moose squahed a guy, threw a nice dropkick, the rest of his offense was bad

3rd match Jacobs/Strong had a tag match with Daniels/Kazarian, also the Briscoes and War Machine stood on the apron, could have sworn this was introduced as elimination, 90% of the match was decade and Bad influence, no clue why Briscoes and war machine were here, decade is a fitting name because the heat on daniel felt like it went on for a decade(nailed it!) daniels won with a BME

Ep2
    This entire show was a golden gauntlet thingy, that was so bad I actually got excited when Jay Lethal entered! Yes! Someone was excited to see Jay Lethal!

Whitmer and caprice started, boring but fine, bj won
    Next out is matt taven and this is where it fell off the rails he is bad, he beat BJ
    Next out is romantic touch, crowd chanted "make this quick" they did not, taven wins again
    Next out is Lethal, I pop because he doesn't suck, Lethal wins, selezia is somehow hotter in person
    Next out is Cedric thank god, final few minutes are awesome, Cedric is so great, he wins gets a title match in the future

Ep3
    Adam Cole v Rocky Romero, fun match, cole wins
    Adam page v ciampa, page did nothing for a while, then did an ssp off the apron to a standing a ciampa and almost killed himself, page had it won, roddy distracted him, ciampa wins
    Elgin defends against Kyle O'reilly(bennett got food poisoning, crowd popped huge for that) really good match, Fish stole the show at ringside with general awesomeness, elgin wins leading to a crazy brawl/dive sequence with ciampa/silas/ cedric/briscoes/cole

INTERMISSION
    I bought a bullet club tee, yay me

Ep 4
    Ach v TD thomas, fun stuff with some miscues, ach wins
    Tyson Dux v wantanabee, for some ridiculous reason dux wins, seemed like an easy way to get wantanabee a tv win, but the non signed tyson dux gets the win

Steen v Corino
    Fucking electric, steen did a snowman in streamers end up burying himself in the and coming up looking like a swamp monster made of streamers
    LIST!!!!! Corino had bobby cruise read a list of former ROH guys carrying honor to other companies including "Eddie Edwards and his tag team partner" huge pop lol, the list made me way more excited then it should have

Really fun match, steen wins, jacobs comes out for a hug, bj and roddy jump Corino, Steen clears house, locker room empties with balloons, party hats, champagne and a john cena action figure(you know all the fixings of a good party) steen thanks everyone

Incredible to be there live for a big goodbye, hope he makes millions
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:09 am

Thanks Steen thanks!
    Grant
    Grant

Post by Grant Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:15 am

TeeBeeKay wrote:
    1st match was EGO and headgear(don't recall his name) v redragon

I'm guessing it was Josh Alexander or some alias. He's been rocking the headgear for a few months for whatever reason.

This sounds like a really enjoyable show. Steen/Corino looks great. Really glad the send off was something special.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:16 am

Also, TBK, they said they were going to announce the NYC show title matches, did they do that or did they lie to me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content