WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+6
SBR
Swarles
CapitalTTruth
2kNikk
Xero
TeeBeeKay
10 posters

Big Star Advertised to Return at House Show

TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Big Star Advertised to Return at House Show Empty Big Star Advertised to Return at House Show

Post by TeeBeeKay Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:23 pm

WWE’s Road to Wrestlemania will make a stop at Las Vegas’ Thomas and Mack Center on Sunday, February 16. Don’t miss your favorite WWE Superstars including: CM Punk, The Shield, Big Show, Kane, the WWE Divas and much more! Plus, see the special return of “The Animal” Batista, LIVE! WWE offers the best value in entertainment, with tickets starting at $20. Also, don’t miss your chance to take part in the Ultimate WWE FAN EXPERIENCE! wrote:

http://unlvtickets.com/eventInfo/spe/501/wwe-live/
    Xero
    Xero

Big Star Advertised to Return at House Show Empty Re: Big Star Advertised to Return at House Show

Post by Xero Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:42 pm

Just bought my plane ticket.
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Big Star Advertised to Return at House Show Empty Re: Big Star Advertised to Return at House Show

Post by 2kNikk Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:12 am

Noooooooooooooo
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:29 am

I have mixed feelings about this. Batista isn't TERRIBLE, but I really hope he is coming in for a short stint and I really hope it isn't to make sure there is a big man in the main event against Orton.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:42 am

If he doesn't come back as a douche bag heel then I don't care
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Batista vs Brock could be a fun train-wreck of a match.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Douche Batista or no Batista!
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:54 pm

Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:58 am

I never truly appreciated Batista until his douche-bag heel run. That stuff was classic.

My problem with Batista before was that he always came off as very bland (generic tribal tattoos and tights designs were in vogue at the time) and his offense looked too safe and rehearsed. With all the damage pro wrestlers take throughout their careers, I shouldn't be complaining about a guy working safely, but for such a large man, Batista's big moves didn't usually seem to carry the impact that a man his size should have.

I'm looking forward to his return though. The time away should really help his character feel fresh. I just hope that he is mostly involved with fresh matchups though. It would be a waste for him to have a lot of matches against guys he's already faced plenty of times; i.e. Orton and Cena.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:10 am

Slayer wrote:I never truly appreciated Batista until his douche-bag heel run. That stuff was classic.

My problem with Batista before was that he always came off as very bland (generic tribal tattoos and tights designs were in vogue at the time) and his offense looked too safe and rehearsed. With all the damage pro wrestlers take throughout their careers, I shouldn't be complaining about a guy working safely, but for such a large man, Batista's big moves didn't usually seem to carry the impact that a man his size should have.

I'm looking forward to his return though. The time away should really help his character feel fresh. I just hope that he is mostly involved with fresh matchups though. It would be a waste for him to have a lot of matches against guys he's already faced plenty of times; i.e. Orton and Cena.

So what you're saying is triple threat at mania?
    PhenominalXX1
    PhenominalXX1

Post by PhenominalXX1 Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:21 pm

isn't he like nearly 50 anyway?
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:39 pm

PhenominalXX1 wrote:isn't he like nearly 50 anyway?
    45 in a few weeks.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:06 pm

to be fair though as far as wrestling age is concerned his 45 isn't the typical 45 where a guy has 25 years of bumps on his body already

he didn't wrestle for that long and he kept in shape, I would imagine he'll be at the same level he was before he left, however you want to interpret that
    PhenominalXX1
    PhenominalXX1

Post by PhenominalXX1 Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:13 pm

TeeBeeKay wrote:to be fair though as far as wrestling age is concerned his 45 isn't the typical 45 where a guy has 25 years of bumps on his body already

he didn't wrestle for that long and he kept in shape, I would imagine he'll be at the same level he was before he left, however you want to interpret that

you mean when he could barely move and looked like he'd snap after every bump?  clown 
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:09 am

TeeBeeKay wrote:
    So what you're saying is triple threat at mania?

Oh dear god...

Actually, Batista and Daniel Bryan had a very entertaining, albeit short, match on Raw in 2010. This was during D-Bryan's NXT run and Batista's douche bag heel run. I'd like to see what they can do with more time and on a higher profile stage.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:21 am

Skip to about three minutes in.

"Keep kissing babies and hugging fat girls"

Douche Batista forever.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:38 pm

If it is douche-bag batista as a heel, great!

I really hate this stuff I am hearing about him wining the RR and headlining WM against Orton. That is such a desperate and terribly bland move from creative to round out the 30th wrestlemania.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:05 pm

Yeah in a recent audio with Meltzer and Alvarez they did say there is a plan in place for Batista/Orton but apparently whatever match Cena is in would main event.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:34 am