WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

5 posters

So...starting a podcast....

Joe5150
    Joe5150

So...starting a podcast.... Empty So...starting a podcast....

Post by Joe5150 Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:54 am

So, I'm a Program Director/President of a local FM Radio station here on the Cape. So, I got a production studio at my disposal.

I've been thinking for awhile about doing a wrestling podcast and I'm finally gonna go for it. Next week I'm gonna do a test run show, it's not gonna be live, but eventually it I'll start doing live shows.

Anyway's, what do you guys like in a podcast? I already know it's gonna be uncensored, I'll be swearing up a storm. For the last 3 years I've had to censor myself, because I'm FM radio and have to worry about the FCC. With a Podcast, I don't have any regulations.

So, suggestions? I'm gonna have commentary on news and WWE/TNA shows obviously.

I also plan on doing a Pop Culture/Social commentary podcast as well.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

So...starting a podcast.... Empty Re: So...starting a podcast....

Post by Swarles Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:22 am

i mean in 2014 there's so many god damn podcasts. I would probably suggest coming up with some kind of gimmick or unique format.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:40 pm

Swarles wrote:i mean in 2014 there's so many god damn podcasts. I would probably suggest coming up with some kind of gimmick or unique format.

Yeah, I'm looking for ideas for something different. I'm thinking being more edgy than most shows(Think Wrestling Soup).
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:02 pm

Honestly being edgy today is actually terrible for a show. It's either seen as a crutch or a gimmick. There's a reason Stern isn't the radio host god he used to be. It's because edgy isn't what people want anymore. The trend isn't just in radio, but in most forms of entertainment. The best comics going around aren't the edgy comics of yesteryear (sure some still talk about edgy material, but they do it in a more sincere way that isn't in your face). TV Shows have gotten edgier, but that's because of the rules becoming less strict, but even then I think those edgy shows are dwindling down.

Just because you cuss a lot won't make your podcast a draw. Honestly I think the best gimmick for a podcast right now would be to have a few 8-12 year old kids discuss what's going on, and market that to other kids. You know market it to the largest wrestling demographic (and one that I don't think podcasts are marketing to).
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:24 am

I think you definitely need to strongly think about and set your goals and be realistic about it. The wrestling podcast market is so saturated it's crazy. Unless you're going to pump money into advertising and whatnot, be ready for a lot of hard work with no reward.

Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:01 pm

Trying to be edgy and cool is like the least edgy and cool thing you could possibly do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:36 am