WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+5
CapitalTTruth
SBR
Swarles
Stroke
TeeBeeKay
9 posters

WRESTLEMANIA

TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

WRESTLEMANIA Empty WRESTLEMANIA

Post by TeeBeeKay Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:06 pm

So we're days away from the kickoff to Mania, I was hoping to get card predictions and what you would do

Card Prediction

WWE Title
    Orton(c) v Batista
    Punk v HHH
    Taker v Lesnar
    Bryan/Cena w/Hogan v The Wyatts
    IC Title
    Roman Reigns v Big E Langston(c)
    WWE Tag Title
    Rhodes(c) v Usos v Ambrose/Rollins v Big Show/Mysterio
    Divas Title
    AJ Lee v Tamina
    MITB
    Sheamus v Cesaro v Sandow v Miz v Kofi v Swagger v ADR v Dolph

What I would like to see
    WWE Title
    Batista v Lesnar(c)
    HHH v Punk
    Taker v Bryan
    Cena w/Hogan v Bray w/the Wyatts

and then a similar undercard with orton thrown in somewhere, and it's weird because I'm not even that psyched about my own card, but whatever
    Stroke
    Stroke

WRESTLEMANIA Empty Re: WRESTLEMANIA

Post by Stroke Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:34 pm

What I think is pretty close to what you have.
    What I want:
    Bryan/Orton (WWE Title)
    - This is a match and moment (Bryan winning, Yes' all around) that needs to happen.
    Taker/Cena
    - The only believable person that could beat Taker at WM. Cena says he needs to try it, wants to beat the best on the biggest stage. Hustle. Loyalty. Tombstone loss after a good match.
    Batista/Lesnar
    - If we're going to have face Batista, then I'd prefer it in this capacity. Monster battle for the middle of the card.
    HHH/Punk
    - They seem to be going in this direction and I'm pretty meh on it.
    Rest of card fills itself in.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:14 pm

WWE Title
    John Cena(C) vs. CM Punk

Control of the WWE
    HHH w/ Stephanie vs. Daniel Bryan w/ Vince
    SPECIAL REFEREE: Hulk Hogan

The Wyatt Family vs.The Undertaker and Kane

Brock Lesnar vs. Batista

Tag Titles Ladder Match
    Dem Rhodes Boys vs. The Usos vs. The Primetime Players vs. The Real Americans

US title possibly on the line?
    Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins

IC Title possibly on the line?
    Big E Langston vs. Randy Orton

Mark Henry vs. The Big Show

Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus

Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara

SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:01 pm

Batista/Orton
    Lesnar/Taker
    HHH/Punk

I feel like those three are pretty much set in stone at this point. The Cena match could really go anywhere.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:17 pm

I am not sold that they are going to do Taker vs Lesnar. I actually hope they do Cena vs Taker. I think that is better for everyone and people might actually believe they are going to have Cena be THE GUY to beat taker. I worry for Taker if they do Lesnar v Taker. Of course that leaves the question open as to what to do with Lesnar. I still kind of hope Batista vs Lesnar is an option, but I don't see it happening. The E seems set on Orton vs Batista (please no).

There is part of me that thinks they are selling Batista winning the rumble too hard and there is going to be a curve ball. Maybe I am just wishfully thinking.

HHH vs Punk seems pretty set and I am ok with that. It will be a good match for both who have nothing better to do right this moment. THey won't disappoint in the ring either.

What I WANT To have happen (Unrealistic as all get out)

WWE World Heavyweight Title
    Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk (c)
    Yes yes, I am an indy mark. That is the main reason I want this. Aside from that, there is just nothing else the wwe could do to put a better match on to close the show. It would have to be kind of rushed by I would have Punk go over Orton as a surprise in the elimination chamber with some sort of help from the Authority, revealing that they were sincere that they wanted punk in the main event. Punk doesn't have to dress up or anything but they could talk about how much money he made, how he was good for business and punk can say all he wants to do is show everyone he is the best in the world. It could be better but the payoff and the feud Dragon and punk could have would be worth it.

Undertaker vs Jon Cena
    This is a safe match. Cena can take care of taker and taker can look good against cena. People will believe that Cena is the guy to beat taker and old school fans will get that satisfied look we get when Cena puts someone we like over.

Batista vs Brock
    I would turn Batista heel and quick. After he gets eliminated at the rumble I would immediately have him start complaining and meshing back into that douche heel. All that is needed is some sort of run in between Brock and Batista, maybe at the elimination chamber. Brock isn't a true heel to me. I think people want to like him and the crazy shit he does. He could come into the match not liking that Batista got preferential treatment and not liking to hear him complain.

Orton vs HHH
    This would be tricky because I don't really want Orton to turn face, but if they did it right it could work. After the authority screwed Orton over Orton should lose it and RKO Stephanie. Neither man wants to come settle it square. HHH pushes his weight around and Randy does sneaky shit until Vince comes in and says enough and forces them into a match at WM.

IC Title Match
    Big E Langston (c) vs Chris Jericho
    Jericho could really help Big E out here. I would much rather it be Jericho vs Cesaro, but lets face it, E is getting the push.

US Title Match - Triple Threat
    Reigns vs Rollins vs Ambrose (c)
    If they are going to break them up this makes sense. Eventually they all want to see who the best man is. Again in my world Rollins should win this match, but we all know Reigns is coming out on top.

Tag Team Titles
    Ussos (c) vs Real Americans
    Why Not. It would be a lot of fun and I think it would be a great place to finally put the belts someone else. I would put the belts on the Ussos here and split the real Americans after. Time for Cesaro to do something on his own and get pushed. Part of me wants to see the Rhodes get a singles match here, but I am just not sure it is time. They should definitely be given the chance though.

The Wyatt Family vs The Rhodes and Dusty
    The Wyatts should have somehow been the reason for the downfall of the Rhodes boys title run. Then they start terrorizing them (as they are want to do) until Dusty can't see his boys get picked on like that. The Wyatts go over in a big way here but not before Golddust and Cody help them put on a Great match. Bray could go back and forth with Dusty on the mic a little. His timing is good so he wont interrupt dusty and they could do some entertaining stuff. Ultimately the Wyatts are on their way to the titles.

Diva's Champ
    Aj Lee (c) vs Snuka

Rey Jr. vs Sin Cara
    Again... why not. This could be a really fun classic Lucha match.

Mark Henry vs RVD
    Have these two ever had a feud? This seems like a fun way to start the card to me.

I said it wouldn't happen and it wont, but I can dream.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:24 pm

I think they could possibly shift Taker away from Brock. If they do I'd want to see Bryan/Taker.
    Grant
    Grant

Post by Grant Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:16 am

I will remind you that this past Raw is the first WWE I've watched in nearly 9 months. So I could be waaaay out there on this stuff. Just taking a wild swing is all.

WWE Title:
    Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan
    -Feel good moment for everyone. The evil corporation falls. Bryan is finally champion for realz.

John Cena vs. Batista
    -I feel like Orton's getaway driver on Raw was actually Batista, who has deep rooted hatred for Cena. And honestly? Douchebag Dave vs. Cena was at least a fun feud for a bit.

Triple H vs. CM Punk
    -Obviously a good match, more evil corporation getting destroyed. Vince sides with the man that has given him so much shit in the past. Yadda-yadda.

Undertaker vs. Kane
    -Yeah I know. But I could see it. Kane goes crazy with power, being a suited monkey, older brother returns to convert him back into the monster by kicking his ass.

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns
    -Fucked if I know. Just seems interesting.

US Title
    Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins
    -I assume The Shield will fall apart at the Rumble. This seems like it'd be great. So, yeah.

Tag Titles
    CodyDust vs. The Wyatt Family
    -Can't go wrong.

For the rest of the titles and talent? No clue. Maybe my mind will change as the weeks go on.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:06 am

**WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE**
    Roman Reigns .vs. John Cena

The Undertaker .vs. Bray Wyatt

CM Punk .vs. Triple H

Brock Lesnar .vs. Mark Henry

Randy Orton .vs. Batista

U.S TITLE LADDER MATCH
    Ambrose, Kofi, Miz, Sheamus, Del Rio (anyone who doesn't fit in elsewhere)

**TAG TITLES**
    Goldust/Cody .vs. Real Americans
    PhenominalXX1
    PhenominalXX1

Post by PhenominalXX1 Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:54 am

Daniel Bryan isn't in the rumble so if he main events mania it'd be in a multi man match
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:41 am

SBR wrote:I think they could possibly shift Taker away from Brock. If they do I'd want to see Bryan/Taker.

I would be cool with Taker v Bryan. The match would be great. I just fear that no one would ever buy that Bryan is going to win. No is who knows anything is really going to buy that anyone will beat Taker but with someone like Cena there is a bigger divide.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:48 am

Yeah, I read that Dragon isn't going to be in the Rumble. There is still part of me that wants to believe that we are all being given a little misdirection. Vince loves nothing more than Money. After that he loves nothing more than tricking smart fans.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:01 pm

CapitalTTruth wrote:
    SBR wrote:I think they could possibly shift Taker away from Brock. If they do I'd want to see Bryan/Taker.

I would be cool with Taker v Bryan. The match would be great. I just fear that no one would ever buy that Bryan is going to win. No is who knows anything is really going to buy that anyone will beat Taker but with someone like Cena there is a bigger divide.

At this point does anyone buy that Taker will lose though?
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:48 pm

Again, not really, but you would likely get more belief and suspense out of Cena.
    StylesClash
    StylesClash

Post by StylesClash Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:16 am

I think Bryan will be in the rumble...almost every year wrestlers who wrestle on the show also get into the royal rumble so the commentators can talk about, that Daniel Bryan kid has already wrestled one match tonight and now has been in the rumble for over 27 minutes...can the beard do it?

As far as Wrestlemania....

WWE WHC
    Orton (c) vs. Daniel Bryan

Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt

WWE US Title
    Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose (c)

WWE IC Title
    Big E Langston vs. Chris Jericho (I liked the suggestion, but I think it could really happen)

Brock Lesnar vs. Batista

Kane vs. CM Punk

Divas Title Match
    AJ Lee (c) vs. Naomi

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:59 am