WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+8
Xero
WhoBetta
Spudz
CapitalTTruth
Canucker
StylesClash
Swarles
Joe5150
12 posters

Influx of new talent coming to TNA

Joe5150
    Joe5150

Influx of new talent coming to TNA Empty Influx of new talent coming to TNA

Post by Joe5150 Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:50 pm

According to Dixie it's, "Out with the Old, in with the new" starting at Genesis this coming week we'll be seeing new talent in TNA.

Rumor has it that TNA will be bringing in some former/non-contracted ROH and other Indy stars.

So, it looks like TNA is changing up their roster to focus on younger talent.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Influx of new talent coming to TNA Empty Re: Influx of new talent coming to TNA

Post by Swarles Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:07 pm

I hope they get Air Paris, Jason Jett and Mike Modest
    StylesClash
    StylesClash

Post by StylesClash Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:39 pm

I think the top free agent outside of AJ Styles has to be Davey Richards, if they could bring him in and debut him similar to the way they did Nigel Guinness years ago, that kid could be a star. Just imagine if Nigel wouldn't have had his health issues how big he could have possibly gotten!

Outside of that I think they need to look at secondary title talent. Guys that they could groom for WHC material, but guy who are comfortable and good at working with the rest of their primarily mid card talent.

Mid card guys like MVP, Chris Masters, Shane Helms, and Kevin Fertig (Thorn, Mordecai), and then bring in tag teams like The Highlanders, Young Bucks, and if possible the Briscoes.

There is a lot of things TNA could do to spice up the company. I think bringing back James Mitchell to work with Abyss and turn him back into the monster who doesn't really talk and is just dominant would be one way to go. TNA just doesn't have that big man threat right now.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:17 pm

Honestly this just seems like an excuse to bring in cheap talent (and maybe dump more contracts)
    StylesClash
    StylesClash

Post by StylesClash Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:45 pm

And in may very well be or to at least get rid of those that haven't been used in a while for new talent..For example, Knux and Bischoff have no use anymore, they are simply wasting money on them. Same thing with Hernandez, King Mo (who is getting paid by both TNA and Spike TV), Rampage, Rob Terry, and Wes Brisco...all these people could be easily replaced, not be missed, and allow for a brief amount of freshness to the company.

TNA doesn't have to bring in Main event stars, but solid talent can definitely be brought in. Hopefully we see some from Wrestle-1 since TNA stars are going there in part of some talent exchange.
    Canucker
    Canucker

Post by Canucker Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:52 pm

Doesn't matter anymore who they let go of, since they've spent a good amount of time establishing that Dixie Carter is the most important person in the company.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:14 pm

Sigh.... I want this to be good news. I want to believe that TNA has somehow woken up and realized that there is talent out there and a market for them, that they have so much talent on their roster being underutilized, that they can't compete with the WWE by trying to match them. However, I don't believe that. I don't don't believe it at all.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:17 pm

StylesClash wrote:I think the top free agent outside of AJ Styles has to be Davey Richards, if they could bring him in and debut him similar to the way they did Nigel Guinness years ago, that kid could be a star. Just imagine if Nigel wouldn't have had his health issues how big he could have possibly gotten!

Outside of that I think they need to look at secondary title talent. Guys that they could groom for WHC material, but guy who are comfortable and good at working with the rest of their primarily mid card talent.

Mid card guys like MVP, Chris Masters, Shane Helms, and Kevin Fertig (Thorn, Mordecai), and then bring in tag teams like The Highlanders, Young Bucks, and if possible the Briscoes.

There is a lot of things TNA could do to spice up the company. I think bringing back James Mitchell to work with Abyss and turn him back into the monster who doesn't really talk and is just dominant would be one way to go. TNA just doesn't have that big man threat right now.
    If Nigel didn't any health/injury issues he would have never touch foot in TNA in the first place so yeah he could have been very big in WWE.

Besides Richards, if he not getting a deal with WWE and has ROH, And New Japan, NOAH not happy with him.. I can't really see any body of real note taking their chances with TNA especially with AAA starting a US brand soon and Jarrett rumor new promotion coming up.  

Young Bucks are the IWGP Junior tag champions and  can get book  on any of the major indies when they want . Why likely give a lot of that up for TNA  after they wasted them last  time??

MVP, Chris Masters, Shane Helms been free agents how long now? I doubt they will go to a sinking ship now.

Kevin Fertig and The Highlanders all probably have real jobs and ain't going quit them for a possible sinking ship, Have any of them even wrestled in the last few years?

Most of these new talent, if Dixie not speaking out of of her ass, will end up be in the liking of Norv Fernum.. decent jobber talent but isn't going draw the company anything. I wouldn't be shock if these "new talent" turn out to be current talent under masks at this point.

With Jarrett gone. I don't see anybody from Wrestle-1 coming over.

I really feel sorry for Mike Knox.. What a waste of a year  .. I hope Gallows can get him into New Japan.
    WhoBetta
    WhoBetta

Post by WhoBetta Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:17 pm

Anyone say D-Ray?
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:34 pm

We need to start producing fan-dubs of AAA and NJPW.  The state of american professional wrestling is depressing to me.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:47 pm

I keep telling NJPW i will do their commentary, but they don't seem too interested.
    Stroke
    Stroke

Post by Stroke Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:10 pm

Dixie got any other "nephews"?
    WhoBetta
    WhoBetta

Post by WhoBetta Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:47 pm

Regarding NJPW what if we just, well, did it. Could we get sued?
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:31 pm

like just did it and put it on youtube? I don't think we would get sued but I'm sure we'd get a request to take it down.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:36 pm

Indy's indy company will put TNA out of business.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:54 pm

Xero wrote:Indy's indy company will put TNA out of business.

WWE Network has me scared!
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:02 am

I'd be surprised who Dixie things new talent is. Maybe a redebuted Jay Bradley.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:42 am

It's rumored that the Wolves will be on the UK tour.
    StylesClash
    StylesClash

Post by StylesClash Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:59 pm

TNAInsider.Com wrote:Influx of new talent coming to TNA 3969100daa914129a812e4cf8f737f59

Independent female wrestler Shanna, runner-up in TNA's Gut Check poll, revealed in a recent podcast that she has been in contact with TNA. She is quoted as saying;

"I do have a contact in TNA. I'm actually on their radar. Right now I can't really tell you anything. There is a big possibility that I might be on the tour, but I can't confirm anything."

As we reported earlier, Shanna was asked if TNA contacted her to appear at the UK Tour she replied "Maybe yes, maybe no."

Rockstar Spud's Twitter wrote:"All potential future KO talents scouted by Madam @TNADixie will find themselves under a shrewd interview process by your Chief Of Staff!!"

New Knockouts???

Shanna is a knockouts wrestler from Portugal who finished second to "Bad Bones" John Klinger, who just happens to be wrestling on TNA's UK Tour...

TNA needs some new knockouts, bringing her in to see whats she got would be a good move to start off. Knockouts Division in desperate need for new faces.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:30 pm