WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

3 posters

History of Wrestleconnect and TIR

GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

History of Wrestleconnect and TIR Empty History of Wrestleconnect and TIR

Post by GolfClubNinja Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:01 pm

Hey guys, I was just wondering about some things, in list form:

1) Do all of the old episodes of TIR still exist, and if they do, are they available.

2) I know that wrestleconnect has apparently moved at least once, and that it, from what i can gather, comes from the old TNA forums. I was just wondering about the specifics.

3) when did TIR start, and is it the oldest wrestling podcast still running at this point?

Thank you in advance for your answers, and your welcome for reminding you guys that your all old, something I don't have to deal with! Smile
    SBR
    SBR

History of Wrestleconnect and TIR Empty Re: History of Wrestleconnect and TIR

Post by SBR Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:23 pm

GolfClubNinja wrote:Hey guys, I was just wondering about some things, in list form:

1) Do all of the old episodes of TIR still exist, and if they do, are they available.

2) I know that wrestleconnect has apparently moved at least once, and that it, from what i can gather, comes from the old TNA forums. I was just wondering about the specifics.

3) when did TIR start, and is it the oldest wrestling podcast still running at this point?

Thank you in advance for your answers, and your welcome for reminding you guys that your all old, something I don't have to deal with! Smile

1) The old episodes of talkIMPACTradio DO exist still. You can find them here at:

www.blogtalkradio.com/talkimpact

And you can also hear our short lived WrestleConnect Radio and Lariato Radio at:

www.blogtalkradio.com/wrestleconnect

We left BTR because they were charging us an arm and a leg and there was just terrible audio quality because we had to call in on our phones. But I mean when we started the audio quality of most things wasn't great so we were pretty up there with other podcasts. We had to evolve with the rest though.

2) We all were a part of the offish TNA message boards, when rogue moderator WhoBetta shut down the boards in cahoots with Dixie Carter our savior Indy, or as you may know him now as "DFS Gundacker" made the message board TalkImpact. We were a pretty huge community at one point. It's crazy to think back on but Indy thought that TalkImpact was stale and when we started to not watch TNA anymore wanted to rebrand the website.

So he created WrestleConnect.com which was at first a wrestling/facebook type of deal. He was the first one to have a DISLIKE BUTTON. Oh man it was revolutionary. Take that facebook reactions! It was honestly real weird though, he wanted like promotions and wrestlers to come on and it really just didn't work and cost us some of our more hardcore posters. Eventually we switched back to the message board feels and it was better and basically is what we are today. The last great remnants of a fantastic wrestling internet community which traces itself back to the early days of TNA. It's pretty cool if you think about it. I honestly just don't think people use message boards that much anymore with Twitter and Reddit being so easily accessible. I mean even Indy doesn't come here very much anymore and he was a professional wrestler himself.

3) Our Anniversary is coming up we've been on the air since August 2007. I know for sure that Wrestling Observer/f4w have been doing shows longer than us. Other than that though I don't know how many wrestling podcasts that originated around that time are still in business to be honest.
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:13 pm

cool.

You may want to move your old podcasts to soundcloud, but I assume that would take more time then you guys have. I i'am really feeling it I may do it myself. Sound cloud has a lot less ads, is a lot nicer looking and may draw more people to the podcast. Just saying.

I'm pretty sure i'm one of the only people not from that time period here, but I would not be sure. Its interesting to see how long this community has been around.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:37 pm

#NORAGRETS
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:42 pm

be careful what you wish for indy, RagRets can appear from absolutely nowhere in particular.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:55 pm