WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+3
JustSkiff
Slayer
Spudz
7 posters

TNA Signings 2016

Spudz
    Spudz

TNA Signings 2016 Empty TNA Signings 2016

Post by Spudz Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:35 pm

TNA has officially announced the signings of 5 new talents to contracts!

A married couple
    28 years old, Cherry Bomb, 10 years a pro
    35 years old, Pepper Parks,  16 years a pro

The Former Sylvester Lefort and Former Marcus Louis
    31 year old, Tom la Ruffa, 9 years a pro
    32?year old, Mikeal Vierge, over 10 years a pro

Finally a Billy Corgan Guy!
    31 year old, Marshe Rockett, over 10 years a pro
    Slayer
    Slayer

TNA Signings 2016 Empty Re: TNA Signings 2016

Post by Slayer Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:50 am

Cherry Bomb is clearly the highlight of these new signings. Very talented performer both in-ring and as a character, who brings some much needed new life for the Knockouts division.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:11 am

I mean Marshe spraying hot coco mist will probably be the highlight.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:50 pm

Marshe Rockett!!! DA SOUL TOUCHAZ!
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:57 pm

Marshe Rockett but no Willie Da Bomb?!
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:32 pm

Da Bomb has to be my favorite wrestler named after a gas station burrito.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:02 pm

TNA has officially announced the signings of ..

28 year old, Allysin Kay, who will be known as Sienna, 7 year a pro.
    30 ish, Caleb Konley, 10 years a pro
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:38 pm

30ish Caleb Konley is really funny to me. Will he not tell them his real age?
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:14 pm

Swarles wrote:30ish Caleb Konley is really funny to me. Will he not tell them his real age?
    I couldn't find a age for him online and figured he had to be around 30.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:47 pm

i'd like to think he's been telling everyone he's 29 for 2 or 3 years now.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Sun May 01, 2016 5:49 pm

So for those who have seen him, how good is Caleb Konley?

I haven't such much EVOLVE, so I have not been able to watch him perform.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sun May 01, 2016 7:47 pm

He is adequate. Had some good matches against really good opponents, mostly had average ones though. He's got a decent look but he's pretty small. I doubt WWE is interested in him, and with Evolve kind of becoming AA for developmental I can see why he'd leave.
    BigBombB

Post by BigBombB Wed May 25, 2016 8:31 pm

Sienna has really impressed me since joining. She has a unique look the WWE hates yet she has a certain quality that completely sucks you in. It's amazing with all the talent the WWE is picking up that TNA is doing a decent job of rebuilding their own roster at the same time.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Thu May 26, 2016 11:33 am

I get what you're saying in regards to Sienna. She's got a look that's actually rather contemporary in that she's got a strong & athletic build, yet in a realistically attainable way. Still very attractive, but not in a conventional fitness model kind of way, and she projects that with a unique presence.

TNA seems to be in a position where they are actively recruiting off of regional indies, and that seems to be influenced by the likes of Matt Hardy & Shane Helms being involved with the creative process.

That's why the likes of Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett, Jade (Mia Yim), Sienna (Allison Kay), and Eli Drake (Shaun Ricker) are getting fairly prominent roles on the show and doing well with them.

They've also done a great job of taking former WWE developmental talent and completely rebuilding them into their own homegrown stars, EC3 and Bram being the best examples of that.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Tue May 31, 2016 12:11 am

BigBombB wrote:Sienna has really impressed me since joining. She has a unique look the WWE hates yet she has a certain quality that completely sucks you in. It's amazing with all the talent the WWE is picking up that TNA is doing a decent job of rebuilding their own roster at the same time.
    Sadly, they have fallen so far that doing a decent job rebuilding isn't going be enough for them but money wise it probably all they can afford to be, but still they need to be doing more than picking up scraps and problem childs(Bram & Eli) that got let go by NXT/WWE and students of talent or worked for their Rockstar producer's indy company.. they need to be out there watching indies everywhere including Europe, get guys before they even get on WWE's or New Japan/ROH radar, take suggestions from the whole current talent roster that are working indy shows, not just Team Omega..

I will say they have done a good job signing women for the knockout division in recent months, but really if you think about it, that should never be a problem for them cause all they have to do is watch some recent Shimmer, Shine, or WSU every so often, make a list of who they like.

Slayer wrote:I get what you're saying in regards to Sienna. She's got a look that's actually rather contemporary in that she's got a strong & athletic build, yet in a realistically attainable way. Still very attractive, but not in a conventional fitness model kind of way, and she projects that with a unique presence.

TNA seems to be in a position where they are actively recruiting off of regional indies, and that seems to be influenced by the likes of Matt Hardy & Shane Helms being involved with the creative process.

That's why the likes of Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett, Jade (Mia Yim), Sienna (Allison Kay), and Eli Drake (Shaun Ricker) are getting fairly prominent roles on the show and doing well with them.

They've also done a great job of taking former WWE developmental talent and completely rebuilding them into their own homegrown stars, EC3 and Bram being the best examples of that.
    I wouldn't call bringing in students/buddies of Team Omega or watching some women wrestling dvds and inviting them to try out, actively recruiting off regional indies.  You must have forgot Shaun Ricker was with NXT for a bit but his attitude got him released before making tv, so I wouldn't list him as regional indy signing. Infact I really can't list any recent signing in the last few years even as a regional indy signing/find. Everyone that been signed recently is cause they had a in with some one in power, wrestled for Shimmer, or was let go from WWE/NXT.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue May 31, 2016 2:55 am

If you really think Eli Drake's cup of coffee in NXT as "Slate Randall" is solely what got him signed, they by all means you're free to do so. But if anything, I think him being on The Rock's reality show The Hero probably got him more noticed than an NXT run where he never even made TV, especially as Dixie Carter's such a reality TV mark (i.e. Jessie Godderz, Jenna Morasca, Jonny Fairplay, and cameos from Jersey Shore cast members).

Also, Drake has been far more established working indies in California, particularly the nationally broadcasted Championship Wrestling From Hollywood, and Las Vegas, most notably Future Stars of Wrestling.

Given some of the talent they use for One Night Only shows and have signed in the past, TNA certainly does look at many of the regional indy promotions throughout the US, and the recent UK tour showed they are looking at UK talent, but they aren't as aggressive in actively recruiting from these areas as they could or should be.

You also have to remember that a lot of wrestlers are of the mentality that signing with TNA means WWE won't be interested in them going forward. While that stance seems to have certainly softened with recent arrivals of long-time TNA alumni into WWE, there's also the various rumors about pay issues and the long-term viability of the company that wrestlers read about and believe in just as much as fans do.

That creates an environment where a lot of the indy and international talent people say TNA SHOULD sign, the talent ends up turning them down (such as reDRagon who were rumored to have been offered a deal prior to the Pop TV debut). You also get situations like with Will O'Spreay where TNA brings him in for the UK tour, and then he signs with New Japan right before, thus leaving him unavailable to TNA going forward due to their partnership with ROH.

I'm not saying the roster is this unbelievably amazing gathering of top-tier workers from the indies and international scene, but they're doing a good job of managing what they do have available to them.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Tue May 31, 2016 12:19 pm

Slayer wrote:If you really think Eli Drake's cup of coffee in NXT as "Slate Randall" is solely what got him signed, they by all means you're free to do so. But if anything, I think him being on The Rock's reality show The Hero probably got him more noticed than an NXT run where he never even made TV, especially as Dixie Carter's such a reality TV mark (i.e. Jessie Godderz, Jenna Morasca, Jonny Fairplay, and cameos from Jersey Shore cast members).

Also, Drake has been far more established working indies in California, particularly the nationally broadcasted Championship Wrestling From Hollywood, and Las Vegas, most notably Future Stars of Wrestling.

Given some of the talent they use for One Night Only shows and have signed in the past, TNA certainly does look at many of the regional indy promotions throughout the US, and the recent UK tour showed they are looking at UK talent, but they aren't as aggressive in actively recruiting from these areas as they could or should be.

You also have to remember that a lot of wrestlers are of the mentality that signing with TNA means WWE won't be interested in them going forward. While that stance seems to have certainly softened with recent arrivals of long-time TNA alumni into WWE, there's also the various rumors about pay issues and the long-term viability of the company that wrestlers read about and believe in just as much as fans do.

That creates an environment where a lot of the indy and international talent people say TNA SHOULD sign, the talent ends up turning them down (such as reDRagon who were rumored to have been offered a deal prior to the Pop TV debut). You also get situations like with Will O'Spreay where TNA brings him in for the UK tour, and then he signs with New Japan right before, thus leaving him unavailable to TNA going forward due to their partnership with ROH.

I'm not saying the roster is this unbelievably amazing gathering of top-tier workers from the indies and international scene, but they're doing a good job of managing what they do have available to them.
    You are right, being on The Hero probably gave him Dixie's stamp approval, but I don't think his work for CWFH and other indies was looked at deeply for those in charge cause TNA would have signed him in 2012, when he had a dark match, granted Bruce Prichard was still in charged at the time but still I doubt Big Jon took a look and was like, we have to have this guy because I just saw a 6 hour tape of his work in the indies. No it was cause he had been apart of NXT , was in a reality show and also Lagana probably was like pushing for him to be looked at the Gut check PPV

Lagana had actually been apart of CWFH before joining TNA, so he knew what Ricker could do  So Ricker had 3 different stamps of approval.. Reality Star for Dixie, was apart of NXT/WWE for Big John and then you have Lagana, the writer with the good word of his approval from working with him previously.

You might want to go back and take a look at old results from the last few years, most extra names use for One Night Onlys have either former signed talent and local florida guys. Very few are stars from regional indy promotions throughout the US, not enough where I can say boy, TNA really trying hard, they looking at the indies deep, looking for those guys that they can snap up that not on WWE's radar. Wait!, I guess we could count that silly online gut check thing at the start of 2013 before Big Jon was in charge as TNA taking a look at the indies.

Of course I am aware of the mentality about TNA that might have kept/keep some talent from signing with them.. The thing is there are and has been enough talent out there(like for years back when TNA had money and was on Spike), that aren't on the WWE radar that TNA doesn't bother looking for and going after.  For example, there been enough X-Division type guys out there that they could have really made something special with and spotlight them.

Rumors? No, I think it might be call the reality of common sense? The amount of talent that have left in recent years, Not being on Spike TV, tells people that there are some issues and are not just "made up dirtsheet rumors" of Evil Old Man Meltzer & friends lying, trying to cause trouble for wonderful TNA. That environment is Princess Dixie's fault for listening to the wrong people, not learning from WCW's or her mistakes, fighting a one sided war, etc.

How sad is it, We are at a point where people that make dream lists of people that TNA should sign should leave off names from ROH or any Gaijin. I mean Big Jon should still send talent a offer, if they are free agents, just in case another over paying "miracle" happens.

I really think them using UK talent on the tours & Bootcamp is just fluff for the UK media what channel they are and also so they can be like, hey we are looking at these guys& girls, we are really trying to bring you the best action, when it cheaper for them to sit a few guys home and use the UK guys.

The Ospreay thing is so funny cause it was them being cocky and not being smart enough to ask if he had any future plans that could get in the way of them talking a contract, when they called him to work the shows. They thought they could just offer him a deal in person and he would kiss their feet.  New Japan doesn't care for TNA, so even if there was no partnership with ROH, he would have had to choose one or the other.  

The UK talent they have passed over, especially ones that were use on the 2 british boot camps as the next few years go by, we are going look back and be, Wow!, they had a chance to sign this person and bring them over and they didn't.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:33 am

I guess I don't really care how or where the talent comes from, or the circumstances as to why they are now directing their focus towards new faces.

Taking shots about the countless mistakes they've made over the years is exhausting and too easy at this point. I'd rather just look at the positives of their current product.

Also, whoever is coming up with the names for new wrestlers seems to really like using B's and X's: Basile Baraka (Sylvester Lefort), Baron Dax (Marcus Louis), and Braxton Sutter (Pepper Parks).
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:22 pm

TNA has officially announced the signing of
    25 year old, Chelsea Green, You might know her from Tough Enough and as Daniel Bryan's "physical therapist", pro for about 2 years, she was trained by Lance Storm.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:46 am

TNA's women's division badly needs new faces to simply add some depth. Although I haven't seen much of Chelsea aside from her non-wrestling appearances in WWE, she seems to be a solid worker from what people have reported of her in various independent promotions.

Also, TNA has announced the re-signing of various talent in the last week including Lashley, Abyss, Rosemary, DJZ, Al Snow, Trevor Lee, and Rockstar Spud.

Now if only they can lock down Bram to yet another multi-year deal...
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:36 pm

It appears that Moose (real name Quinn Ojinnaka) may be on his way to a new home, but not the one many originally thought.

Major League Wrestling reported on their Twitter account Wednesday morning that the free agent had signed a multi-year agreement with TNA Wrestling -- a report Ojinnaka refuted, telling them he has an offer from the company but hasn't signed as of now.

Pro Wrestling Sheet first reported Tuesday that TNA was a possible suitor.

At one time it appeared that Ojinnaka was headed to the WWE and would start at the Performance Center in September, but Dave Meltzer reported in last week’s edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that WWE backed off of signing the former football journeyman because of a 2009 domestic violence allegation that led to him being suspended from the NFL for one game.

Ojinnaka’s wife alleged that he threw her down the stairs during an argument over a female friend that he had friended on Facebook, and Ojinnaka accused her of trying to stab him with a pen. The two are now divorced.

Ojinnaka left the NFL in 2012 after a seven-year career with four different teams. After his time in football was over, the longtime wrestling fan decided to pursue a career in professional wresting and debuted in 2014 with Ring of Honor.

MLW also tweeted that Lucha Underground/AAA have not made an offer to Moose, but that TNA and ROH are still in play for his services.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:56 am

I'm very disappointed he won't be popping up in WWE, particularly in NXT where he really could have thrived.

However, it's good to see TNA potentially land an excellent talent like Moose. It's not an ideal scenario, but it would be tough to blame Moose for signing a deal with TNA, especially if the rumored figure he's being offered ($100,000 per year) is even remotely accurate.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:31 pm

Dave's info from this weeks Observer

Moose signed a two-year deal and debuted on the 7/12 TV show. It had been almost a sure thing this would happen ever since WWE backed off on signing him. TNA’s offer was above that of WWE or ROH. The final numbers we heard were $80,000 first year; $96,000 second year from one source involved with his talks and attempting to get him from anther promotion. TNA sources claim $75,000 and it’s a similar deal to the one the company has attempted but not yet signed with the Hardys, Ethan Carter III and Drew Galloway but does have with Eddie Edwards, Davey Richards, Lashley and some others where TNA will try to recoup the money by having the rights to book him on a maximum 110 total dates per year with the remainder being indie dates. He retained his rights to book himself out of the contract with certain indie groups but TNA has the rights to book him with all others.

Edit
    Non observer News.. Shynron, David Starr,  Johnathan Gresham, JT Dunn and Chuck Taylor were use for the One Night Only X Division taping tonight. All these guys would probably be great signings and really fresh things up but I bet only 1 or 2 would be signed at best.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned ex-WWE wrestler Damien Sandow signed a contract with TNA Wrestling and will be making his debut with the company tomorrow on Impact.

Sources with direct knowledge tell us the contract was recently made official, but they were tight lipped on the length of his deal.

As we previously reported, Sandow was released with 7 other wrestlers back in May and Dixie Carter said afterward that she wanted to talk business with some of them when it was allowed.

Rolling Stone first reported that a mystery wrestler would be debuting on Impact tomorrow and the promo they premiered strongly hinted that it would be Sandow. Since then, Damien tweeted the story out and said, “Huh, this is interesting. Time to make an #impact.”
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:34 am

I'm looking forward to seeing how Sandow will come off in his TNA debut. In the video and on their social media accounts, they were strongly pushing the tag line of "he's doing things his way," so that's a good sign he will be doing something different for his TNA run.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:13 am