WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

3 posters

RIP Eiji "Hayabusa" Ezaki

WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

RIP Eiji "Hayabusa" Ezaki Empty RIP Eiji "Hayabusa" Ezaki

Post by WWF Attitude Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:54 pm

JAMES CALDWELL wrote:Report – Japanese legend Hayabusa dies at 47

Japanese wrestling legend Hayabusa (Eiji Ezaki) died at the age of 47 on Thursday (March 3), reports Tokyo Sports.

According to the report, Hayabusa was found dead on Thursday afternoon. Police say the cause of death was a stroke caused by brain hemorrhaging.

Hayabusa was one of the hottest names in Japanese wrestling during the 1990s because of his high-flying and affiliation with the FMW promotion.

Unfortunately, his career ended in October 2001 when he missed a springboard moonsault that left him temporarily paralyzed.

In 2015, Hayabusa was part of a group that brought back the FMW promotion.

[ READ MORE: In-depth report via PuroresuSpirit.net ]

Hayabusa's career and life were both cut short, but he had a major impact on the wrestling world. Here is what many wrestlers had to say about his passing

NEVILLE @WWENeville

RIP Eiji "Hayabusa" Ezaki CctczB3W8AMfZ1U

A friend and an inspiration. Unforgettable and brilliant. Thank you for everything. #RIPHayabusa

Finn Bálor ‏@wwebalor

RIP Eiji "Hayabusa" Ezaki Ccu3XtrXEAAbU2C

An innovator that captivated & influenced our gen.From ring style to attire,his memory will live 4ever #RIPHayabusa

Jigsaw ‏@JigsawWRESTLING
    The first Japanese wrestling VHS I owned was The Flying Assassin. Hayabusa influenced so many of today's wrestlers. #RIPHayabusa

The Young Bucks ‏@MattJackson13
    As a young teenager, I'd buy every FMW DVD off the shelf at Best Buy, run home & skip right to his matches. #RIPHayabusa

The Young Bucks ‏@NickJacksonYB
    Hayabusa and Liger inspired me to want to wrestle in Japan one day. Hayabusa influenced a lot of the high flyers you see today. RIP!

Kenny Omega ‏@KennyOmegamanX
    Very sad to hear the passing of Hayabusa. Easily one of the most inspirational junior heavyweight wrestler of all time. RIP Eiji Ezaki

Tony Nese @TonyNese
    He was the reason I started watching international wrestling. I would do Phoenix Splashes in the backyard all the time. #RIPHayabusa

Drake Wuertz ‏@WWEDrakeWuertz
    #Hayabusa was a HUGE influence on our generation. I watched him on VHS for hours. Sad to hear that the legend has passed. #RIPHayabusa

Sean Waltman ‏@TheRealXPac
    Extremely sad to learn of Hayabusa's passing. Ezaki Eiji 1968-2016 #RIPHayabusa

ICONIC Matt Hardy ‏@MATTHARDYBRAND
    RIP Hayabusa - He inspired me when I first started wrestling. Injury crippled him. This video speaks volumes. https://youtu.be/VTbOv9mZqt8

Christopher Daniels ‏@facdaniels
    Rest In Peace, Hayabusa. One of the true pioneers.

Frankie Kazarian ‏@FrankieKazarian
    RIP #Hayabusa He inspired countless wrestlers. Oddly enough he and I were in a movie together. Strange. Godspeed.

Sami Zayn ‏@iLikeSamiZayn
    Truly saddened to hear of the passing of Hayabusa this morning. A great inspiration to me and many of my peers. His legacy will live on.

Bubba Ray Dudley ‏@BubbaRayDudley
    Very sorry to hear of the passing of Japanese ring warrior #Hayabusa. Glad to have met him. R.I.P. Ganbatte Kudasai

Joey Styles ‏@JoeyStyles
    I was sad to wake up to news that Hayabusa, who thrilled Japanese, Mexican and American fans (in ECW) passed away.

Tommy Dreamer ‏@THETOMMYDREAMER
    Sad to hear the passing of HAYABUSA He was an innovator & good person. Glad to have shared ring w/him

Lance Storm ‏@LanceStorm

RIP Eiji "Hayabusa" Ezaki Cctgqs0W8AA508f

RIP Eiji Ezaki (Hayabusa)). Got to work with him in FMW in 1991

Gregory Shane Helms ‏@ShaneHelmsCom
    RIP Hayabusa! A career cut short, a life cut even shorter.

Nattie ‏@NatbyNature
    Thoughts and prayers to Hayabusa and his family. His style of wrestling was ahead of his time. A true innovator.

Gabe Sapolsky ‏@BookItGabe
    Heartbroken to read just now that Hayabusa passed. A huge influence, innovator and pioneer. RIP

Steve Corino ‏@KINGCorino
    Sad to read about Hayabusa. An amazing performer, who literally gave his body for the industry we love. A true innovator and inspiration.

Chris Hero ‏@thechrishero
    Surrounded by his peers, people inspired by him, people who loved him. This is amazing. https://youtu.be/VTbOv9mZqt8

Samoa Joe ‏@SamoaJoe
    RIP Hayabusa. The memory of the Phoenix will rise & inspire the warriors of the future.

田中将斗(Masato Tanaka) ‏@masato_dangan

RIP Eiji "Hayabusa" Ezaki CctQbyKUAAAQexz

「お兄ちゃん」と呼んでくれて、友達のように接してくれた江崎さん。
    新生FMWで2代エースと呼ばれたけど、何一つレスラーとして上回る事が出来なかったハヤブサと言う存在。
    先週話したばっかやのに信じられへん。
    ご冥福をお祈りします。

and with all those kind words feel free to enjoy this
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

RIP Eiji "Hayabusa" Ezaki Empty Re: RIP Eiji "Hayabusa" Ezaki

Post by Swarles Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:34 pm

Hayabusa was just a bit before my time, I've heard of him obviously but his career was already over when I would have been getting into indie and Japanese wrestling. That said, pretty much every wrestler I enjoy today cites him as an influence or one of their favorites, so his legacy continues on despite his short career.

RIP
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:20 pm

Essentially what Swarley said is accurate for me too, but I will add the video of him getting out of his wheel chair and into the ring one last time is one of the most powerfully emotional videos I've ever seen.

RIP

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:49 pm